Albert Bair passed away

Albert Bair was a guy JJ (my former wife) and I helped when he first came to the Philippines. For the past three years, he has been living on Camotes.

Anyone know him, or can verify whether this is true or not?

I found the information.

Albert passed away last evening over complications from Pneumonia.

i have memorable days on his pump boat which i was able to share with my daughter when she came for a visit from oz. we did a bit of diving on denuded reefs out of mandaue. had the odd email from him up until a few months ago. it was he who informed me that you were alive and well and back in the PR with a live forum. is/was cathy still about or was she your news source?

oops, did not see your 2nd post. well, i guess we'll all see him later?

Edited by sperman
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

rest in peace

i have memorable days on his pump boat which i was able to share with my daughter when she came for a visit from oz. we did a bit of diving on denuded reefs out of mandaue. had the odd email from him up until a few months ago. it was he who informed me that you were alive and well and back in the PR with a live forum. is/was cathy still about or was she your news source?

oops, did not see your 2nd post. well, i guess we'll all see him later?

I don't know if he was still with Cathy, or not, Graeme. He and I lost touch late 2005.

Any further detail I would have to communicate with you via PM.

Jim Sibbick

I found the information.

Albert passed away last evening over complications from Pneumonia.

Thankyou for the info Paul

Albert sent me jokes regularly via email and I had a plan to visit him in October.

Rest in peace Albert.

Regards: Jim

Stranded Shipscook

Sad to hear this, i didn't knew him, but my condolences to you and Jim. And any other who knew him.

At least we know that he lived his last years full of joy. One can't live forever.

To all : Today is the first day of the rest of your life, don't waste it with anger and despair.

RIP Albert.

Edited by Guenther
Jess Bartone

To all : Today is the last day of the rest of your life, don't waste it with anger and despair.

RIP Albert.

I think you mean "...is the first day..."

But I think we all got the message, live life while you can, the way you want to live it.

RIP Albert.

Stranded Shipscook

I think you mean "...is the first day..."

But I think we all got the message, live life while you can, the way you want to live it.

RIP Albert.

Thanks jesse, i corrected it.

shadow

There are numerous people on this forum that knew Albert. From LinC yahoo group;

Hello Everyone,

I received a text this evening from Albert's GF. I am sad to report she informed

Albert passed away this evening over complications from Pneumonia. This is all I

know.

I did email Albert a week ago as I am moving back to the states for a while. He

asked me to stay on and co-moderate so I will honor his wishes for the

foreseeable future. He did say in his email he was not feeling well at that

time. So this is all I know.

If anyone has more details, please share.

I leave tomorrow the 19th for Manila and out to the states on Tuesday the 23rd.

Thanks everyone and God Bless

Shawn Bragg

shadow

Why would you have been banned for posting that he died?

Uhhh, plagiarism?

:)

LinD

donroberts

I visited with Albert quite a lot over the past few years--He was his own unique person-- boater, motorcycle rider- (ex--motocross racer)- He was a very heavy smoker== maybe that contributed to his demise-- he had a nice little house he rented in Camotes- a nice girl- (very quiet-- I hope she will be OK)- Anyway, he had made a nice life for himself, & it's sad he didn't get more time to enjoy it.

I checked and Albert did pass away and was cremated and apparently his ashed were scattered in the Camotes Sea. He was a nice guy.

Yep, all true. His g/f informed me of it as well. His wife had flown in from California last Sunday, I believe? That was to help settle everything here. She was originally from Bacolod, Negros Occidental. However, they had been estranged for years. Actually, he and his wife had an odd relationship, in my opinion. But, whatever.

He's gone now.