what not to do at the BI

Mandingo

let's say you have some kind of similar, elementary but time-consuming bureaucratic task to perform in the states. Are you seriously telling me that if you have to renew a tax disk or something, go into some office, you have to pull a ticket out of a machine, fill in a form, and wait your turn to get served, and pull out a wad of cash to pay the bill, in other words what you do in a BoI office in the Philippines, you bring your wife with you? Wouldn't you just meet her somewhere else for lunch after you've finished?

Not really. Like I said, I love my wife and enjoy spending time with her. My wife also loves doing stuff like that, if I sent her away she'd think I didn't want to be bothered with her, lol.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• udonthani

• EAGLE

• Stranded Shipscook

• Englishman_on_Tour

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know if its just me, but there seems to be at least 1 loud whinging yob every time in the office when i go for an extension. When they sit down next to me and tell me what's wrong with the BI.

The first time I extended my Visa I googled BI to find out where it was - they had the dress code listed - I shared with my then Fiancee and we appeared with long pants, tennis shoes, Collared shirt o

Posted Images

Englishman_on_Tour

what is this? What attack?

Maybe 'attack' was the wrong word, I'll apologise for that, sorry. I'm more tired of your misquoting. You know and I know you just want to argue, regardless of facts.

Apologies to any moderators who feel they need to trim/delete whatever recent posts for being off-topic.

udonthani

misquoting?

so you NEED to bring a girl to some BoI office in the Philippines, even though it's obvious nobody does unless they're in a wheelchair, and I was being in some way dishonest when, not directly quoting you at all, said WANT in my reply?

I don't get this at all. With its profusion of meter taxis (most cities in the Philippines don't have them) the Mandaue office has got to be one of the very easiest to get to out of them all and I've never come across a single driver that didn't know where it was even if their English was bad and I had to show them the address on my cellphone.

I just find it baffling why anybody would want to bring a girl there. I've never had any official trying it on, in fact last time they let me o

I find it baffling that it's hard for others to understand that Partners may like/want to be TOGETHER.?

Perhaps this "need/desire" is not something experienced is shallow relationships.??

Edited by EAGLE
Englishman_on_Tour

misquoting?

so you NEED to bring a girl to some BoI office in the Philippines, even though it's obvious nobody does unless they're in a wheelchair, and I was being in some way dishonest when, not directly quoting you at all, said WANT in my reply?

Just go back to my original post to Guenther. I asked a couple of simple questions, to Guenther. From thereon you quoted (misquoted) me with alsorts. I gave my reasons in my initial post. There is no 'want' 'need' 'taxi' 'CDO' etc. Give over stalking ffs.

Back on topic, experienced people who overstay by just a couple of days are totally disrespectful, they're taking the piss out of good hospitality.

This is my last reply to you here whippy.

KennyF

Well now, I don't want to distract you kiddies but here's how I have handled my visa needs over many years.

When my first visa extension is due after 28 or 29 day or whatever it is, I go to a travel agent I know in Cebu city, AC or wherever I am and hand them my passport and the necessary pesos fee. And that's the last I see of my passport for 2 years.

When the visa falls due they email me an invoice, I direct bank that amount and two days later they email me back a photo copy of the necessary pages of my passport to "carry with me at all times".

They even write and forward the "why I would like to stay a few more months" letter when I get to the 16th month point.

In Cebu city I have used among others, Blue Horizon and in AC and Manila Swagman's but there are dozens of them.

The fee for this service per visa? LESS THAN $10.

Get a grip guys, there are better things to do in SEA than hang around government offices.

KonGC

Well now, I don't want to distract you kiddies but here's how I have handled my visa needs over many years.

When my first visa extension is due after 28 or 29 day or whatever it is, I go to a travel agent I know in Cebu city, AC or wherever I am and hand them my passport and the necessary pesos fee. And that's the last I see of my passport for 2 years.

When the visa falls due they email me an invoice, I direct bank that amount and two days later they email me back a photo copy of the necessary pages of my passport to "carry with me at all times".

They even write and forward the "why I would like to stay a few more months" letter when I get to the 16th month point.

In Cebu city I have used among others, Blue Horizon and in AC and Manila Swagman's but there are dozens of them.

Get a grip guys, there are better things to do in SEA than hang around government offices.

KonGC

OP = " Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:05 PM

At the BI yesterday, while sitting there waiting to process my 13a visa,"

My 13A process required me to be in attendance at the BI office when applying and when collecting the card. ??

Edited by EAGLE
udonthani

Back on topic, experienced people who overstay by just a couple of days are totally disrespectful, they're taking the piss out of good hospitality.

funny how the government of the Philippines at the Mandaue BoI office didn't see it like that.

they could see it was a genuine oversight, and that's why they didn't charge me a single centavo, when they were perfectly within their rights to stick 1000 pesos on the bill.

I can't claim that my considerable charm and persuasiveness, or my natural talent as a visual comedian, were responsible however. It being Christmas probably had a lot to do with it.

anyway, they let me off.

KennyF

My 13A process required me to be in attendance at the BI office when applying and when collecting the card. ??

I think we're mostly talking visitor visas here.

KonGC

udonthani

not saying they don't exist, but there aren't that many, in fact practically hardly any third parties that charge as low as that (less than 400 pesos). Just about every travel agent in Cebu city and elsewhere does offer this service, and I've walked into a few, just randomly, and asked them how much money they want to do it.

the price quoted is almost always 1000.

if I could get somebody to renew for 400 pesos or less, then yes, I would use them. I've just never come across anybody that actually does.

I think we're mostly talking visitor visas here.

KonGC

I was quoting the "Original Post by TOBSTER" which set the topic. IMHO

Edited by EAGLE
Englishman_on_Tour

funny how the government of the Philippines at the Mandaue BoI office didn't see it like that.

they could see it was a genuine oversight, and that's why they didn't charge me a single centavo, when they were perfectly within their rights to stick 1000 pesos on the bill.

I can't claim that my considerable charm and persuasiveness, or my natural talent as a visual comedian, were responsible however. It being Christmas probably had a lot to do with it.

anyway, they let me off.

Meh, now I'm backtracking, I really didnt want to reply again.

You got lucky, let's not allow people to think this is the norm, it isn't.

At least we can both agree it wasn't your considerable charm, your beauty or whatever else you might accredit yourself with :evan_iliadis:

KennyF

I was quoting the "Original Post by TOBSTER" which set the topic. IMHO

Yes, TOBSTER did say he was there for a 13a but I think we are now generally discussing BOI in general.

I think I made it clear in my post that I was referring to visitor visas..

KonGC

KennyF

not saying they don't exist, but there aren't that many, in fact practically hardly any third parties that charge as low as that (less than 400 pesos). Just about every travel agent in Cebu city and elsewhere does offer this service, and I've walked into a few, just randomly, and asked them how much money they want to do it.

the price quoted is almost always 1000.

if I could get somebody to renew for 400 pesos or less, then yes, I would use them. I've just never come across anybody that actually does.

My last was late 2010 with Swagman in AC and cost 400.

Most previous were done through Blue Horizon in Cebu city and I have always been charged 500 but that's maybe because I was a regular for 5 or 6 years.

But even 1,000 pesos. What the hell, what's your time worth?

KonGC

Yes, TOBSTER did say he was there for a 13a but I think we are now generally discussing BOI in general.

I think I made it clear in my post that I was referring to visitor visas..

KonGC

:evan_iliadis: CHEERS ! M8

Edited by EAGLE