what not to do at the BI

A_Simple_Man

Nah, your service would suffer. I usually have to chase him to get my passport back. I think he does it on a very small scale with only a few guys. He's honest and a good guy but runs on Filipino time.

Secret!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• udonthani

• EAGLE

• Stranded Shipscook

• Englishman_on_Tour

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know if its just me, but there seems to be at least 1 loud whinging yob every time in the office when i go for an extension. When they sit down next to me and tell me what's wrong with the BI.

The first time I extended my Visa I googled BI to find out where it was - they had the dress code listed - I shared with my then Fiancee and we appeared with long pants, tennis shoes, Collared shirt o

Posted Images

udonthani

just don't bring the girls to BoI. They look out of place, because they don't belong there. The smarter ones realise this, and wait outside if they need to.

Stranded Shipscook

just don't bring the girls to BoI. They look out of place, because they don't belong there. The smarter ones realise this, and wait outside if they need to.

With the exception of really HOT CHICKS, i would like that...:)

razorbackhog

if you want to go to the mall with a girl, meet her there AFTER you've done the chore at the BoI. There's just no reason to bring a girl along at all. There's just no reason to. You wouldn't do it in the west, with a similar chore. No way would you. You'd just meet her somewhere else, after you've finished. Why suddenly start doing it in the Philippines.

it's pretty selfish too. It takes up seats for people that are there for the purpose the building is for. A couple of times in smaller offices, I've had to stand around for ages because of all these bozos that insist on bringing their wives or girlfriends, when they have no business even being in the building at all.

If your spouse had no business in the building then that rule would obviously be posted. Other than going to work I have always asked my spouse if they would like to join me.. Oh, I live in the USA. I usually enjoy your postings, but this one borders on the absurb to me.

Headshot

you must admit it is a little inconsiderate though when probably 20% of the seating is occupied by people who have no actual reason to be in the building at all. In the smaller offices it can be a genuine issue, there can be several people that have to stand. In Cebu it's not too bad, there's quite a lot of seating (though even that can sometimes get full) and there's also seating outside.

Well Whippy, maybe you should make it a habit to go to Immigration between 8:30 and 9 AM. There are hardly any customers in the building and you could lay down across an entire row of seats if you wish. In addition, it won't make nearly as much difference to you if some guy comes in with his wife or GF since there will still be plenty of seats. You will also get your extension processed in about half the time. You need to get it through your head that their will be companions with a lot of guys when they go to Immigration. They don't see this as inconsiderate. They see you as rude for trying to make fun of them. One more thing...please stop bringing up age difference between couples. Paul has warned you about this before.

Easyrider

There is nothing wrong with your gf or wife coming with you to BI, but I can see why a sex tourist wouldn't have a girl with him, she already when back home that morning.

USMC-Retired

I have banned Whippy from this conversation. The topic can continue without quoting his posts or statements. They have been debated to the end and all sides are reveled. Any posts that do quote him will have to be removed as he can not respond. Thank you for understanding.

My wife usually attends with me.

Once or twice I went alone.

On one of those times I read a book someone had left behind ???? so I whipped it up and on the IFC the LEGEND "Did'nt work for me". Signed ?????? :)

how-to-win-friends-and-influence-people-75th-anniv_SWBMTQ0MjM0NDgzMA==.jpg

Easyrider

Manilyn and I live in Carcar and always go to Cebu together because we are in love and like to do everything together.

The dress code is not a problem for me because I always wear long pants and shoes when I travel.

Eveyone should have learned to show respect to people in authority when they were young. The man mentioned in the OP should have been taught a lesson.

I haven't seen a security in the Philippines who wasn't very nice and helpful. He didn't deserve that treatment from the stupid foreigner.

KennyF

I always greet guards too.

Just a friendly "'morning guard".

Usually they smile and greet me back.

KonGC

Yes I met a really nice and helpful one....He pointed his Gun at me !!

That was the last time they ever saw him in that place......Security my :thumbs_up:

Manilyn and I live in Carcar and always go to Cebu together because we are in love and like to do everything together.

The dress code is not a problem for me because I always wear long pants and shoes when I travel.

Eveyone should have learned to show respect to people in authority when they were young. The man mentioned in the OP should have been taught a lesson.

I haven't seen a security in the Philippines who wasn't very nice and helpful. He didn't deserve that treatment from the stupid foreigner.

Since a trip to the BoI involves more than a quick jaunt form the house (its usually a 2-hour boat ride or a 3-hour bus ride), my wife (and child) generally accompanies me as we will combine a bit of shopping during our stay in the 'big city'.

The best part bout my wife tagging along though is that she can go in and do my business for me while I stand outside in the sunshine while wearing shorts and sandals. :wt-hell:

Sometimes, they let me in though. :thumbs_up:

On the rare occasion that I am alone during one of my visits, I just take a backpack with slacks and shoes inside and slip into them behind the building. :D

No big whoop.

Edited by Mailman

Since a trip to the BoI involves more than a quick jaunt form the house (its usually a 2-hour boat ride or a 3-hour bus ride), my wife (and child) generally accompanies me as we will combine a bit of shopping during our stay in the 'big city'.

The best part bout my wife tagging along though is that she can go in and do my business for me while I stand outside in the sunshine while wearing shorts and sandals. :D

Sometimes, they let me in though. :wt-hell:

On the rare occasion that I am alone during one of my visits, I just take a backpack with slacks and shoes inside and slip into them behind the building. :D

No big whoop.

Is "indecent shortness exposure" a Criminal offense in PI.? :thumbs_up:

Edited by EAGLE

Yes I met a really nice and helpful one....He pointed his Gun at me !!

That was the last time they ever saw him in that place......Security my :thumbs_up:

Not ("nice") polite to point.

Taught my sons that as kid's.:wt-hell:

Is "indecent shortness exposure" a Criminal offense in PI.? :thumbs_up:

From some of the things I have seen on the streets, probably not.

It's a moot point for me though as I just slip the slacks on over my shorts. No nekkidness involved. :wt-hell:

Edited by Mailman