What are some Filipino Dish that foreign nationals love eating whenever here in the Philippines?

deanfarmer62

Well, Dhel, since your fiance has spoken, it really doesn't matter what the rest of us say. Dean, have you tried the tocino with scrambled eggs for breakfast? It's great. Just don't eat it too often, since it's loaded with brown sugar. Sounds like Dhel needs to stock up on longaniza and hot dogs and start collecting Shakey's coupons. :P

Tocino, eggs and rice also very very good. I like all Pizza. Shakeys was just the best in Tacloban. I can't eat all the good things or else I will balloon up. Trying to keep the weight down these days. I suspect mostly will be fish and rice on my plate

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dhel

• deanfarmer62

• Cary

• AB2000

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Dhel, since your fiance has spoken, it really doesn't matter what the rest of us say. Dean, have you tried the tocino with scrambled eggs for breakfast? It's great. Just don't eat it too often, since it's loaded with brown sugar. Sounds like Dhel needs to stock up on longaniza and hot dogs and start collecting Shakey's coupons. :P

I still value the responses of forum memebrs here Sir Headshot :shocked: I honestly did get a lot of ideas as a matter of fact I had taken note of it. Homemade food is best than those in restaurant..its cooked with a mix of TLC :rofl:

lazydays

Tocino, eggs and rice also very very good. I like all Pizza. Shakeys was just the best in Tacloban. I can't eat all the good things or else I will balloon up. Trying to keep the weight down these days. I suspect mostly will be fish and rice on my plate

Tuna Steak, Yummy.

rfm010

dhel, the only filipino dish your fiance should be interested in is YOU! :P

dinaguan when done right is tasty. but i'm not much of a cook so i'm not sure how to describe "done right".

Try Kinilaw but make it yourself and make sure the fish is fresh.

Ingredients :

1/4 kilo of yellow fin tuna fillets

half a head of garlic, peeled and crushed

a thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled and sliced

1 white onion, thinly sliced

2 green chili peppers, cut diagonally into 1/4-inch thick slices

1 red or green bell pepper, diced

1 c. of vinegar

salt and pepper

1/4 c. of kalamansi juice

1 c. of kakang gata (coconut cream)

Cooking procedure :

Wash the fillets and trim any remaining skin and bones. Cut into one-inch cubes. Place in a glass bowl and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Mix well. Pour in the vinegar and mix well. Cover loosely and chill for about two hours.

Drain the fish. Add the kalamansi juice, garlic, chili peppers, bell pepper, ginger and onion. Mix well and chill for another 20 minutes. Pour in the coconut cream, mix well and serve cold.

Goes well with a cold beer or glass of white wine!

Jess Bartone

men are very fussy about their Steak, especially if they are American or Australian

Maoba?

Balut would be top of the list for him to try followed by Crispy Pata which is uniquely Filipino.

I love balut, and I can't understand why so many people hate it... perhaps due to the lack of availability in gourmet food shops?

No, I haven't had lechon pakisaw yet, but I had fish pakisaw, and it was good.

Ad Dhel pointed out, the word is "paksiw" (meat cooked with vinegar and spices). The word "pakisaw" alludes to vibrancy, fullness of the moment, humming with activity etc.

Pochero... I don't think any Filipino food comes close to being as good as pochero.

My M.I.L. cooks this stuff beautifully, assuming that's what she's cooking, it sure looks the same:

Recipe for Pochero/puchero/putsero.

Truth be told, I have never had anything put in front of me in the Philippines that I did not like. Some people need to broaden their gastronomic horizons.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

my wife could make caldereta every day and i'd eat it happily

and siopao and lumpia

and well really the list goes on and on

Edited by broden

Try Kinilaw but make it yourself and make sure the fish is fresh.

Ingredients :

1/4 kilo of yellow fin tuna fillets

half a head of garlic, peeled and crushed

a thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled and sliced

1 white onion, thinly sliced

2 green chili peppers, cut diagonally into 1/4-inch thick slices

1 red or green bell pepper, diced

1 c. of vinegar

salt and pepper

1/4 c. of kalamansi juice

1 c. of kakang gata (coconut cream)

Cooking procedure :

Wash the fillets and trim any remaining skin and bones. Cut into one-inch cubes. Place in a glass bowl and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Mix well. Pour in the vinegar and mix well. Cover loosely and chill for about two hours.

Drain the fish. Add the kalamansi juice, garlic, chili peppers, bell pepper, ginger and onion. Mix well and chill for another 20 minutes. Pour in the coconut cream, mix well and serve cold.

Goes well with a cold beer or glass of white wine!

BURP BURP....kinilaw is yummy!!!

dhel, the only filipino dish your fiance should be interested in is YOU! :evan_iliadis:

dinaguan when done right is tasty. but i'm not much of a cook so i'm not sure how to describe "done right".

I bet Dean wont disagree to that knowing that he is trying to be mindful of his diet :) but whew....not me as his food tho..I don't want to wake up and see a straw stocked in my head see his saliva dripping with matching bib on his chest and fork on the other side of he hand....NIGHTMARE...bwahahahha

Dinuguan..not really a fan of it..not all can cook it best...i remember m uncle tho, he was the only person I know that cooked dinuguan great. I haven't tried cooking dinuguan even before.

digiteye

Selecta ice cream, bananas, pine apple, mango, avocado shake, buko juice. Nothing that is cooked.

udonthani

I do like Sinigang soup when it's done well, trouble is it's a Luzon dish really, and it can be hit and miss in the Visayas.

I'll never forget this look of total amazement on this foreigner's face once, when he saw me and the girl I was with, both of us really hungry, armed with our spoons, eating close up together and really fast, and out of the same bowl, a really excellent Sinigang soup in a Balamban resto.

ArieBombarie

take it easy with the oil :)

I enjoy the calemares a lot, it is a dish that is really universal

but taste is personal, no idea where your fiance is from or what is his food culture