What are some Filipino Dish that foreign nationals love eating whenever here in the Philippines?

Sisig, lechon, and adobo.

we tried sisig before even me, I didn't seem to like it and he didn't like it too..maybe not the best sisig made in town tho...lechon he said it was ok, but I had not tried making a lechon paksiw for him...I think he may like it tho :P have you ever tried lechon paksiw?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dhel

• deanfarmer62

• Cary

• AB2000

Top Posters In This Topic

deanfarmer62

Balut would be top of the list for him to try followed by Crispy Pata which is uniquely Filipino.

I did the balut. Its was great

Balut would be top of the list for him to try followed by Crispy Pata which is uniquely Filipino. cooking.gif

Wheww....balut + beer = aphrodisiac ..... a great idea but man I still want long long years with him...together with Crispy pata is one sure way make life easier :P

No, I haven't had lechon pakisaw yet, but I had fish pakisaw, and it was good.

deanfarmer62

Wheww....balut + beer = aphrodisiac ..... a great idea but man I still want long long years with him...together with Crispy pata is one sure way make life easier

I will just have the lard fried bacon and cheese sandwich with a side of pure butter dip. I feel my arteries screaming,

I think maybe chicken and/or pork adobo is the safest bet for most foreigners. But in my opinion you cant go wrong with seafoods, but I'm a seafood nut. I was skeptical on sisig but I had some in Cebu and LOVED it, so like Guenther suggested its a very personal thing you need to just know his taste and best guess. Looking forward to more Filipino food when I arrive. Now I will go snack on Chicharon.

crispy pata is a favourite of mine and also sisig....but not too often, basic foods that I like are bulalo, pochero, pinakbet and sinigang....

Crack an egg on top to sop up the grease, and eat with rice....mmmmmm with beer.

I think maybe chicken and/or pork adobo is the safest bet for most foreigners. But in my opinion you cant go wrong with seafoods, but I'm a seafood nut. I was skeptical on sisig but I had some in Cebu and LOVED it, so like Guenther suggested its a very personal thing you need to just know his taste and best guess. Looking forward to more Filipino food when I arrive. Now I will go snack on Chicharon.

I remember helping my fiance out cook a shrimp. he asked me ones how to cook a shrimp and I taught him how to cook a buttered shrimp with garlic and made a bit experimentation and we added mushroom in it...him and his friend loved the way it turned out. I just lately thought him how to cook calderatta ( according to my own version) but using pork tho and again he love it and so as his american and french friends. they were asking him how he cooked it :P

Sisig is too gressy for me.

Yep...just what I thought too.

deanfarmer62

I remember helping my fiance out cook a shrimp. he asked me ones how to cook a shrimp and I taught him how to cook a buttered shrimp with garlic and made a bit experimentation and we added mushroom in it...him and his friend loved the way it turned out. I just lately thought him how to cook calderatta ( according to my own version) but using pork tho and again he love it and so as his american and french friends. they were asking him how he cooked it :P

i cooked it from scratch

Edited by Admin
Fixed quotes - Paul

We eat often, in order of preference / love:

Pancit Canton (Bihon, Asawa likes better but I find it only ok)

Caldereta

Sweet & sour pork or fish

Chicken Afretada

Humba

Minudo

We eat with Thai Hom Mali rice though.

deanfarmer62

We eat often, in order of preference / love:

Pancit Canton (Bihon, Asawa likes better but I find it only ok)

Caldereta

Sweet & sour pork or fish

Chicken Afretada

Humba

Minudo

We eat with Thai Hom Mali rice though.

I am more partial to the canton noodle too

Headshot

Shakey's Pizza

I like longanisa for breakfast. And those sweet hotdogs are good breakfast food too with rice and a big tall Red Horse. mmmmmmmmmmmm

Well, Dhel, since your fiance has spoken, it really doesn't matter what the rest of us say. Dean, have you tried the tocino with scrambled eggs for breakfast? It's great. Just don't eat it too often, since it's loaded with brown sugar. Sounds like Dhel needs to stock up on longaniza and hot dogs and start collecting Shakey's coupons. :P

Forefall

Pochero... I don't think any Filipino food comes close to being as good as pochero.