What are some Filipino Dish that foreign nationals love eating whenever here in the Philippines?

Just scouting of some dishes I probably can cook if and when I am with my fiance. What are some of the Filipino dishes or menus that expats here in the country loves to eat?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dhel

• deanfarmer62

• AB2000

• lazydays

Top Posters In This Topic

Adobo. My wife makes some tasty adobo. But my favorite dish is actually a fruit mangosteen. I can it eat it hand over fist.

liquido

IMHO...There is no local food in this country that I LOVE..I will say most of the fruits are really good...

deanfarmer62

Shakey's Pizza

I like longanisa for breakfast. And those sweet hotdogs are good breakfast food too with rice and a big tall Red Horse. mmmmmmmmmmmm

Adobo. My wife makes some tasty adobo. But my favorite dish is actually a fruit mangosteen. I can it eat it hand over fist.

Mangosten is good and as heard anti-carcer. I have a first hand experience with it tho not for cancer..but I had made it part of my everyday diet for one whole month since I was scheduled by my doctor to have a cyst removed, I told myself to give natural remedy a try before giving in to surgery...luckily, the cyst shrunk. My fiance told me he want to taste it when he will be back here with me again. As to adobo, I taught him how to cook it..can't make one for him while we are thousand miles apart. and I was glad he love it.

Shakey's Pizza

I like longanisa for breakfast. And those sweet hotdogs are good breakfast food too with rice and a big tall Red Horse. mmmmmmmmmmmm

Ouch...you and that Red Horse Grande eyyy....but so thankful that it kept you company while I was in the salon..hey, we are talking about filipino dish I can make one for you :scratch_head:

I would suggest if you can cook for him Sotanghon:)but the especial strip of the sotanghon..I once cooked it for my cousin from Colorado:)

deanfarmer62

I wanted to try filipino turkey but they kept running away from me before i could kill them.

Stranded Shipscook

Hard to say because it is soo individual from person to person..

Try to ask your loved one what dish he likes as western food and then google the ingredients and see what comes closest to it in the Pinoy variety.

Hard to say because it is soo individual from person to person..

Try to ask your loved one what dish he likes as western food and then google the ingredients and see what comes closest to it in the Pinoy variety.

GREAT IDEA!!!! let me ask him :scratch_head:

I wanted to try filipino turkey but they kept running away from me before i could kill them.

Live the Turkey alone...they are already in safe stomach :P - Guenther gave me an idea thos I know what your favorite food is really..but well, any other western food you love in particular? Maybe I can do some experimentation...LMAO

Mandingo

Both chicken and pork adobo, pancit canton, lumpia shanghai, crab/shrimp in coconut cream sauce, leche flan, maruya (banana fritters), turon saba (wrapped plantation banana's with brown sugar) and a few more.

Filipino food is what it is, some tasty and some not so tasty. It's not my favorite ethnic food but there are some good dishes.

lazydays

Adobo, preferably with the fat trimmed, (not too fatty). Funnily enough, i can make it better than most Filipinos, but i use more expensive ingredients.

Paella, if he likes shell fish.

Shanghai fried rice, Pancit Canton etc, if he likes Chinese type food.

Mixed Grill, (Fried or grilled pork chop,sausage, onions, bacon,eggs, mushrooms and tomato). You could use steak instead of Pork chop, but its expensive, and many men are very fussy about their Steak, especially if they are American or Australian, so i wouldn't risk it.

Edited by lazydays
lazydays

Edit = double post.

Edited by lazydays

correct.

Both chicken and pork adobo, pancit canton, lumpia shanghai, crab/shrimp in coconut cream sauce, leche flan, maruya (banana fritters), turon saba (wrapped plantation banana's with brown sugar) and a few more.

Filipino food is what it is, some tasty and some not so tasty. It's not my favorite ethnic food but there are some good dishes.

mikejwoodnz

Balut would be top of the list for him to try followed by Crispy Pata which is uniquely Filipino. cooking.gif