Washing Machine

Lordblacknail

udonthani

it was a shared accommodation type boarding house. The first thing I noticed was that there was this washing machine, that you never saw in any other similar type boarding house. I drew attention to this, and that's when I found out one of the lodgers had this American 'boyfriend', who for reasons best known to himself, had decided to install a washing machine there. No-one in the shared household ever used it and it was a bit of a white elephant. It wasn't that they didn't know how to use it, it was more because they didn't want to, not seeing any reason for it.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• udonthani

• KennyF

• Davaoeno

• lazydays

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe if you are poor in some third world country and only have two pair of shirts, pants, socks and underwear then it might be economical to wash clothes by hand, but if it's a middle class family of

Okay Whippy, let's settle this once and for all. The next time your in-country, come around to my house and do a typical day's worth of laundry. I will time you and if it takes you more than the 20 mi

Like all sex, it's usually better if there's someone with you.   KonGC

lazydays

I don,t think you know Filipinas as well as you think you do. My wife hates to do it and so do all her sisters. They do it because they were raised that it was their job. When I bought a wash machine I was the most popular guy in the family. They now all have more time to do other things they like.My sister inlaw has 6 kids and a husband and it takes her all day to wash their cloths, She is exausted at the end of the day. Now they come over and throw the landry in the washer and sit and gab.

A lot of these girls will tell you what you want to hear at first but when you spend more and more time with them you find out a different story. So don,t believe every thing they tell you when your dating them. And by the way all the women nieghbours are jealous of that machine and ask if they can use it, But the wife says no too much wear and tear if too many people use it.

Maybe your wife should start a small Laundremat, just a thought,lol.

udonthani

the fundamental problem with the worth of washing machines, is that they are not, in actual fact, all that much labor saving for singles and couples, or even for couples with only one child.

when they are serving large extended families, of course they have utility - especially when the kano is paying for the electricity.

Edited by udonthani
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

our family over there has a blind neighbor a little older than me who supports his family through his singing, winning contests mostly, all over the country, but also singing at wedding and things like that, in fact he sung at our wedding, anyway not long after our wedding he won yet another contest and used that money to buy his family a washing machine, wasn't anything that ever came up in conversation before so it's not like we planted the seed. but he sure contacted everyone to tell them as he was proud of his new acquisition, as were the several neighbors who he also let use it, over the years he's replaced it a time or two and many neighbors still share in it's use, while some do not

to each his own

i am neither a member of the pro washing machine lobby or the anti washing lobby.

though both seem to be powerful forces

udonthani

washing your own clothes by hand is not hard. Washing you and your wife's clothes is also not that hard. Washing yours, your wife's and your child's clothes, is also not hard. Washing your wife and four childrens clothes is more difficult. And THAT is when you want to buy a washing machine in the Philippines.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

now lets really rev things up

last year or was it the year before, well either way whenever it was. we bought a dishwasher

OMG where's a moderator when you need one.

How can we as adults, have 50 posts on washing clothes????

KonGC

lazydays

OMG where's a moderator when you need one.

How can we as adults, have 50 posts on washing clothes????

KonGC

And, all men at that, not a women in sight! :lol::P

udonthani

I must be just about the only kano that ever turned up in the Philippines that knew more about handwashing clothes than they did.

when they said, 'I will be the one to wash your clothes', I told them to feck off, until they proved themselves.

lazydays

I have to admit i'm quite good at handwashing clothes, the Military taught me that.

Maybe your wife should start a small Laundremat, just a thought,lol.

The electric bill is high enough thanks lol

Edited by sjp

washing your own clothes by hand is not hard. Washing you and your wife's clothes is also not that hard. Washing yours, your wife's and your child's clothes, is also not hard. Washing your wife and four childrens clothes is more difficult. And THAT is when you want to buy a washing machine in the Philippines.

And whats the average size of a Filipino family lol

I must be just about the only kano

I always thought you were British.

KonGC

lazydays

The electric bill is high enough thanks lol

My wifes family electric bill is just under P500 a month, wish ours was,lol, and we ain't got no washing machine.

They have 1 fan, fridge, tv, but no aircon or wash machine.

lazydays

now lets really rev things up

last year or was it the year before, well either way whenever it was. we bought a dishwasher

Ha ha, we have a dishwasher, usually me,lol.