Washing Machine

Lordblacknail

udonthani

washing machines don't actually save as much time as you think - they certainly don't do anything close to ALL the work. You still have to load and unload them, and hang the clothes up. The electricity cost is considerable especially if you use a tumble drier. They're just not necessary in a climate like the Philippines. I always wash my own clothes if there isn't a girl around - they usually want to do it, though I never ask them outright - and never use a laundry. It's more hassle dropping the clothes off at a laundry and picking them up again, remembering to bring the ticket, and paying the bill than it is doing it yourself. You wear so few clothes anyway, and none of them are 'heavy' items like sweaters or jeans, so the workload is minimal - it's ten minutes every day.

Edited by udonthani
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• udonthani

• KennyF

• Davaoeno

• lazydays

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe if you are poor in some third world country and only have two pair of shirts, pants, socks and underwear then it might be economical to wash clothes by hand, but if it's a middle class family of

Okay Whippy, let's settle this once and for all. The next time your in-country, come around to my house and do a typical day's worth of laundry. I will time you and if it takes you more than the 20 mi

Like all sex, it's usually better if there's someone with you.   KonGC

Mandingo

Since my wife I both both work full time and we take turns doing the laundry I decided to buy the best washer and dryer I could find, nothing is to good for me, lol.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

to each their own i can pay bills and i can buy new clothes .. but i can't buy us anymore time together. especially right now. with me working overnight and my wife working a regular dayshift+ and double majoring in college again .. plus we have different days off (by design) cause of wanting one of us home all the time as we have a son

but i can tell you this even after i retire and i'm closing in on that .. we'll still have a washing machine and dryer

as that is what we want take-a-bow-1.gif

miles-high
washing machines don't actually save as much time...

I have an Electorolux washer/dryer combo bought from Ansons about 1.5 years ago… So far, trouble-free...

Every night (well almost every night), I take off my clothes directly into the machine and take shower, then I go to bed...

By the time I get up and take shower in the morning, a set of newly washed clothes comes out of the dryer...

Ain’t it time saving? :angry2:

I think so... :)

udonthani

you're missing out, that I always handwashed my clothes anyway, before I ever went near south east Asia. If you're like that, the south east Asians, not just Filipinos, accept you because you have similar attitude to laundry they do. They're much less likely to try anything funny when they realise that.

Mandingo

you're missing out, that I always hand washed my clothes anyway, before I ever went near south east Asia. If you're like that, the south east Asians, not just Filipinos, accept you because you have similar attitude to laundry they do. They're much less likely to try anything funny when they realize that.

Most Asians wash by hand because they're poor...................not because they have a choice.

Here in the States the community I live in is made up of 60% Asians, mainly Filipinos. None that i know of wash by hand because they think washing by hand is for poor people or rich people who can afford maids. When I asked my clerk who is a Filipina, she looked at me like I was stupid and said "Why would I wash by hand, I have a family of five and a beautiful washing machine in my home?".

udonthani

no they don't wash clothes by hand because they're poor. They do it, because they like to do it. Until they get brainwashed by numbskulls like you.

of course, when there's children, especially five children, using a washing machine makes perfect sense - anywhere.

Edited by udonthani

no they don't wash clothes by hand because they're poor. They do it, because they like to do it. Until they get brainwashed by numbskulls like you.

of course, when there's children, especially five children, using a washing machine makes perfect sense - anywhere.

I don,t think you know Filipinas as well as you think you do. My wife hates to do it and so do all her sisters. They do it because they were raised that it was their job. When I bought a wash machine I was the most popular guy in the family. They now all have more time to do other things they like.My sister inlaw has 6 kids and a husband and it takes her all day to wash their cloths, She is exausted at the end of the day. Now they come over and throw the landry in the washer and sit and gab.

A lot of these girls will tell you what you want to hear at first but when you spend more and more time with them you find out a different story. So don,t believe every thing they tell you when your dating them. And by the way all the women nieghbours are jealous of that machine and ask if they can use it, But the wife says no too much wear and tear if too many people use it.

Rocketman

We all have opinions of our own Udonthani and they're based on our experiences. Just because someone doesn't agree with your pointed opinions hardly makes them a numbskull! And ya know, maybe, just maybe, you're wrong.... sometimes?! :closedeyes:

LOL, I have never met a Filipina that said she liked washing clothes. Maybe the ones you meet are telling you what they think you want to hear? A numbskull would believe that.

Davaoeno

We all have opinions of our own Udonthani and they're based on our experiences. Just because someone doesn't agree with your pointed opinions hardly makes them a numbskull! And ya know, maybe, just maybe, you're wrong.... sometimes?! :taz:

Nah, Udonthani is only wrong about 80% of the time !1 But he does so like to put other people down !

lazydays

Nah, Udonthani is only wrong about 80% of the time !1 But he does so like to put other people down !

:P:rolleyes:

Just Joking :)

Been dying to use that pot black emoticon for ages :P

lazydays

Each to their own i think.

Re - washing machines and dryers, i now understand why some in PI have very high electric bills, (especially dryers).

If Filipinos could afford those items, many could not afford to run them.

Edited by lazydays
udonthani
I have never met a Filipina that said she liked washing clothes.

did you ever ask one? You see I quite like washing clothes by hand. I find it quite therapetic and not hard work at all.

that foreigner that went to the considerable expense of buying this girl a washing machine for her boarding house, which she only used about three times in six months showed me that Filipinas aren't as keen to use washing machines as foreigners might think they are, and if they foreeigner isn't around, they probably wouldn't bother using them at all. She eventually sold it, having hardly used it. She didn't need it.

did you ever ask one? You see I quite like washing clothes by hand. I find it quite therapetic and not hard work at all.

that foreigner that went to the considerable expense of buying this girl a washing machine for her boarding house, which she only used about three times in six months showed me that Filipinas aren't as keen to use washing machines as foreigners might think they are, and if they foreeigner isn't around, they probably wouldn't bother using them at all. She eventually sold it, having hardly used it. She didn't need it.

She probably didn,t know how to use it or was worried about how it would affect the electric bill. But I am sure there are some women that feel it is her job to wash them by hand. We all want to feel useful. If they really enjoyed it I would think they would be going around offering to do other peoples for free ( so much fun )