Australian man, 73, shot dead inside his house

Easyrider

Dogs can be good for home security, but when dogs are barking all night for no reason and close by to where I can't sleep, I fell like doing some killing. I had that problem when I lived in Cebu City. All of the houses had tall security fences so I couldn't even see the dogs. I told Manilyn, we need to hire a Ninja.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mailman

• Stranded Shipscook

• tom_shor

• For Real

Easyrider

Some men on this forum believe that they should depend on their girlfriend or wife to protect them, then why didn't the Australian man's wfie check out the noise? Don't forget that women are the weaker sex and depend on men to protect them. Honey, can you get up and see why the dogs are barking? She pulls the cover over her head, thinking it could be a Wak-wak.

I can't remember reading or hearing of any Filipina who pretected her boyfriend or husband from harm. In most news stories, the man is seriously injured or kill and the woman is not hurt at all. That's real life, not some fantasy of a woman who is strong and powerful so no one will mess with her. It's the man's responsibility to protect his family, not the woman's for obvious reasons.

shadow

Some men on this forum believe that they should depend on their girlfriend or wife to protect them, then why didn't the Australian man's wfie check out the noise? Don't forget that women are the weaker sex and depend on men to protect them. Honey, can you get up and see why the dogs are barking? She pulls the cover over her head, thinking it could be a Wak-wak.

I can't remember reading or hearing of any Filipina who pretected her boyfriend or husband from harm. In most news stories, the man is seriously injured or kill and the woman is not hurt at all. That's real life, not some fantasy of a woman who is strong and powerful so no one will mess with her. It's the man's responsibility to protect his family, not the woman's for obvious reasons.

My wife protects me, and the dogs protect HER! BTW, Butch, whose picture I posted, is the big p*ssy in the family! His pup, at 11 months, is becoming a force to be reckoned with now!

Larry in Dumaguete

Edited by shadow
mistaeric

That old rich guy Murdocks wife woould buss a cap in anybody's ass that would try and hurt her moneybag..i mean hubby. Did you see her spring into action in that court room!!

tom_shor

At the very least, a dog (regardless of size) would serve as a deterrant. No one really wants to try to stealthily enter a home with a barking dog. And, in the event, they are still determined to enter, it will serve as an 'early warning system' for you to investigate virtually unnoticed while the dog gets all the attention. That is, until you make your presence known with loud noises and flashes of light. :P

Or they poison the dog a few days before.

tom_shor

Do you think a very loud alarm system on your house would scare them away ? Or do you think they are smart enough to know that they have plenty of time to rob you blind and shoot you and get away easily.

If it was very loud and inside the house it would disorient them. Especially if accompanied with flashing lights.

this is actually what the Police ALL over the world recommends in case of a burglary. Of course also to call them.

What they do NOT recommend, even in the USA, to go and face them and then shoot at them.

Of course they don't. That is also why they don't usually show up until well after the criminals have gone.

tom_shor

Looking at the dog angle. It is a good idea, but one has to train it not to bark at all times, which can be done easily.

Also a dog is a nice addition to the family. I'd suggest German Shepard, they are very trainable, very impressive when faced and have a natural protective instinct very much alive. And they are fast ! For some unknown reason the Filipinos also fear them most. And that is what we want to achieve, right ?

When one does the additional effort to take him out for a daily walk in the neighborhood, any hoodlum will refrain from visiting your house almost indefinitely.

PS- I had one of those beautiful dogs for two years when living in Cebu City, it protected the Restaurant premise and ran free at night. (fenced in area.)

Location was : Banawa across Forest hills- behind the Restaurant was a squatter area !

Sadly it died suddenly on a heart attack (some unknown gene defect due to over breeding)

But you never shot any, did you ?

Untrained dogs that bark all the time tend to be ignored especially by the owner. They should definately be trained so they bark at the right times.

True, but that still serves as an early warning system... almost like a canary in a coal mine.

Incidentally, my dog stays indoors most of time for that exact reason.

SkyMan

I do have one neighbor in particular who does not like us because of our dogs. But he is also the same guy who has three cars that help clog up our narrow street and has not made him a popular person with the rest of our neighbors. As for overall security are the dogs perfect? No in fact they are barking right now along with the heavy rains in the backgrounds but they are better than nothing.

Well, my neighbor had a dog barking all night. I complained and they said "Well that's our guard dog, he's supposed to bark, that's his job." He and his workers chuckled. I said no, a guard dog's job is to bark when there is a problem, a suspicious person or whatever, not all the time. DO you get up to see what your dog is barking about? No, so anyone can ignore your dog and steal your stuff because you don't care what the dog is barking about. Do you know my dog's bark? Yes, we know your dog. And does he bark all night? No, he doesn't bark much. And when he barks at night I check to see what his problem is because if he barks I want to know why. Maybe someone learned something....

Davaoeno

I guess it's ME who needs to read more closely... :P

:o

Jess Bartone

A dog can be trained to eat only what you give it on a certain command. I think some guard training courses include that in their training.

Easyrider

Some people like to think dogs are as smart as humans, that's just wishful thinking.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

Some people like to think dogs are as smart as humans, that's just wishful thinking.

and vice versa

Forefall

I like to keep cats. My last two cats would pounce me and bite the feck out of my ankles when I walked through the front door. Then they'd run off and murder the stuffed toy I left by their kitty litter.

Well, I'm not sure it's much of a deterrent but it hurts.

The apartment we're renting has two dogs that bark when a tenant honks for the gate to open at 2AM. I feel secure but I'm not much of a fan of the early morning wake-up calls.

musicman666

in a few years cctv will be cheap so that you can see whos ripping you off from the comfort of your own bed. Also all the footage will have been fed offsite so that if you do get blown away there is evidence. The deterrent will be there. No need for stupid dogs who bark all night and eat their own shit.