Sign in to follow this  
ellenbrook2001

COMPUTEUR REPAIR

ellenbrook2001

Hello all from CEBU

Please can anyone recommend the best place in Cebu where too repair a Toshiba XP pro laptop only 2 years old seem power problems he cut off after one minute no power the cord supply the power but the internal connection seem playing up

please recommend a very honest place i had some shark before try too fixed??????????

many thanks

GILBERT

USMC-Retired

The part to fix most of these laptops is soldered into the board. Here is a Toshiba Laptop with the part soldered in.

Satellite-M35X-contact.jpg

here are the expensive repair parts

laptop-power-jack-repair.jpg

The input for the power supply is loose. Additionally I looked at a computer like this recently. The power input on that computer was 86.00 USD. See above for a picture of a new one.

On that computer the battery was bad. Which adds to problem.

There is a Tab inside the port where the power cord goes in. Overtime that tab gets bent and the power cable no longer makes contact. You can try and bend it which I did. However over time it get weak again and then fails to make contact. The only solution as I told them. Because they did not want to spend the money to fix it. Was to place the cord under the computer thus forcing the power cable to press against that TAB. Additionally if it had a good battery then that would not be an issue as you can force it against the TAB Charge the battery and use it on Battery for 3+ hours. Until it needed to be charged again. The only work around is to hard wire the power cable inside of the computer or buy the jack. To fix this computer you must spend money or have it hard wired. There are no cheap alternatives. A Battery is 4,000 pesos the part is 2,800 pesos. Hard wiring is just the wire and solder for 50 pesos. The constant pulling on the power cord and moving around when plugged in is what causes that issue. That was them though and told them what I did would not last as they said they had a battery and parts in Australia to fix it. Whatever solution it would cost money. As this is a inheritant problem to these brands of laptops. Any solution other then the correct one would result in failure after a few months again.

This is a very common problem with IBM Toshiba and Acer laptops.

IBM has fixed this issue and same for Toshiba as of recent. However older laptops still have that.

Edited by Norseman

samatm

I use SST for my laptop repairs.. located in Ayala top floor or SM cyberzone. They have replaced cracked screens, remanufactured hinges, and fixed a fan power problem. Prices seem reasonable. I think it costs 500 for them to do a diagnostic check. They are very thorough about labeling every component of your laptop ie screen, drive, ram, battery etc..to insure your machine comes back not cannibalized. sometimes their quote for parts is expensive and I order off of EBAY and give it to them to replace.

ellenbrook2001

I use SST for my laptop repairs.. located in Ayala top floor or SM cyberzone. They have replaced cracked screens, remanufactured hinges, and fixed a fan power problem. Prices seem reasonable. I think it costs 500 for them to do a diagnostic check. They are very thorough about labeling every component of your laptop ie screen, drive, ram, battery etc..to insure your machine comes back not cannibalized. sometimes their quote for parts is expensive and I order off of EBAY and give it to them to replace.

Oh many thanks sir for your time

god bless

GILBERT

John B

a quick internet search revealed a toshiba authorized repair company that is located in the Machay Bldg, Level 2, Gorordo Ave. Unfortunately no phone number or map to show one how to actually find the place.

Wombat No More

I went there a year and a bit ago... I think it is called TRICOM (?).

DO NOT GO THERE!!!!!!!!!!!

They charge about P2,400 as a minimum charge.

They announced that may problem was a new circuit board or whatever, and that it would cost P39,000 to fix. The unit cost a little less than that new, 18 months before (a Toshiba satellite). I took it home and stored it until I could bring it to Australia for my mate to repair. There was a major power supply problem with it but not what these wankers said. ALSO... One of the three doors on the underside, revealed a missing important part to do with the wireless system. As it had never been out of my hands since new, this leaves only one assumption... they stole the part.

a quick internet search revealed a toshiba authorized repair company that is located in the Machay Bldg, Level 2, Gorordo Ave. Unfortunately no phone number or map to show one how to actually find the place.

generbee

hello everyone,

the minimum repair fee is 800 pesos only. whether it is a computer check-up or software installation. the price is exclusive of the spare part to be purchased. i could not name any good repair shops but i think the computer shops in the malls are good ones (either SM or Ayala).

good technicians explains to you the source of the problem and some options for you to choose or decide to have your computer repaired. bad ones just go to the shortcut and replaces the whole board :-(

good luck

FYI