Parasites!

RogerDat

Greetings! A year or so ago I had persistent bloating, and heart burn, and a constant cramp in my right mid stomach area. I took frequent antacid tablets, but it just wouldn't go away. My abdominal area was swollen like I was pregnant. Having seen a fellow vet who was dieing from liver failure and who also looked about 9 months along I thought hepatitis for sure. i went to the clinic in SM and had test for all types of hep, all were negative. I had an ultrasound for liver check, also negative. Finally I had an endoscopy done. They said my stomach and upper intestine opening were inflamed, it was probably gastritis.

I went home and continued to research my symptoms.

After eight months suffering I decided the only thing I hadn't done was test for parasites.

Their are many test, all expensive, and most not available here as their are over 200 known bugs to deal with.

I ask the pharmacist what was good for "bee toke", she laughs as is normal for them when talking about bee toke, then gives me a chocolate flavored tablet called Antiox (Mebendazole) for P75.

I went home, chewed it and swallowed it down and waited.

About two hours later, I felt my cramp move from the right to left side and go down and stop cramping. The I passes gas, a lot of it, over several hours. Next morning, I went to toilet, but did not see any worms. (Some are tiny, cant be seen) My stomach was normal size, and my overall health improved greatly over the next month.

Most doctors here don't deal with parasites, haven't had them, so don't know what to look for.

I now take the Antiox ever four months or so because I don't know how I got them in first place. Some are air born, releasing eggs when a infected person burps loudly, an event I had experienced with a jeep ny driver, never seen someone burp so loud, and frequently before, and he appeared to have stomach problems I thought at the time.

For Real

Good advice!

If the problem persists (it wasn't the worm) you may have a helicobactor pylori (a bacteria) colonisation. This is common in culture where food or drink, drinking glasses, chopsticks etc is shared

Talk to your doctor - but testing will cost money

Keep in mind h.pylori eradiacation is only achieved by the co committantly taking a Proton pump inhibitor (Omeprazole, for example- cost from 9 peso for 20mg capsules OTC) bd (one in the morning and one in the evening) whilst taking a course of antibiotics

Forefall

Good idea doing that every so often just in case. Some here think me being skinny is caused by a parasite... they just don't know that I have a superhuman metabolism.

For Real

Good idea doing that every so often just in case. Some here think me being skinny is caused by a parasite... they just don't know that I have a superhuman metabolism.

post-7330-0-57135600-1312494110_thumb.jpg