batman2525

I think what batman2525's trying to get at is that you can own property but not the land the property is on.

Using the word "property" to mean "a house" for instance.

I know foreigners who have 25 year leases with option of further 25 years on a patch of land who have built homes which they own on that land.

That said, I think the yurt idea is a no go.

You can build quite a nice house in RP using local materials for a lot less that that.

A buddy on Camiguin island built quite a nice large home using cement slab, hollow block walls to 1 meter and double amocan walls with pig wire between for security. All up including electricity and pluming 140,000 pesos ($US3,250)

KonGC

I think what batman2525's trying to get at is that you can own property but not the land the property is on.

Using the word "property" to mean "a house" for instance

You got it.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul

• Stranded Shipscook

• yurtmaster

• Headshot

Headshot

Using the word "property" to mean "a house" for instance

You got it.

Well, that is true. But it doesn't really matter in this case since we now know he is married to a Filipina. You can't lease LAND from your wife to build on. I would agree with Kenny that there are better options than a yurt for the same money. A nipa house comes to mind. I would also caution the OP that buying "tax declaration" land is one of the riskiest things he could consider here in the Philippines. There is no way you can be certain that there isn't more than one person claiming (and paying taxes) on the same piece of land. In ANY legal dispute over land ownership, a foreigner will likely lose.

Markham

You cant own property.....?? I thought it was land you couldnt own...

Land is "real property".

Mark

yurtmaster

I just couldn't DISAGREE more with the panel of "experts" on this site...we have constructed and lived in our YURT in the Philippines for the last two and a half years and have loved every minute of the beautiful experience!!

Yurts are a fantastically simple structure, strong and yet at the same time very sophisticated and quite easy to erect.

Any materials can be used as the basic design is so versatile...these can be made extremely well adjusted to the tropics!!

If anyone needs any specific information on how to get started on building a Yurt, I would be glad to help :twocents:

I just couldn't DISAGREE more with the panel of "experts" on this site...we have constructed and lived in our YURT in the Philippines for the last two and a half years and have loved every minute of the beautiful experience!!

Yurts are a fantastically simple structure, strong and yet at the same time very sophisticated and quite easy to erect.

Any materials can be used as the basic design is so versatile...these can be made extremely well adjusted to the tropics!!

If anyone needs any specific information on how to get started on building a Yurt, I would be glad to help :shitstormretarded:

got any photo's ?

Stranded Shipscook

If anyone needs any specific information on how to get started on building a Yurt, I would be glad to help :shitstormretarded:

More details then please....

did you make them om local material or ordered them from the same supplier as the OP from the company he linked.

because with the prices displayed there,one could build a dream house. Not to mention the cost of shipping.

those were the prices i took o the pdf file :

Base

Price

$4,445

$4,940

$5,450

$6,790

$7,790

$9,785

Edited by Guenther
yurtmaster

We have yurt pictures in sulit now. Just use the search button.

More details then please....

did you make them om local material or ordered them from the same supplier as the OP from the company he linked.

because with the prices displayed there,one could build a dream house. Not to mention the cost of shipping.

those were the prices i took o the pdf file :

Base

Price

$4,445

$4,940

$5,450

$6,790

$7,790

$9,785

We built our yurt mainly from indigenous and local materials at a fraction of the cost you mentioned above. Well, considering it took only 2 local farmers to erect it from the ground so labor cost alone is very inexpensive. I tried posting pictures here but still unsuccessful. I can email pictures to anyone interested.

contact admin to lift PM restriction if you wish to PM individual
Edited by Norseman
Stranded Shipscook

We have yurt pictures in sulit now. Just use the search button.

We built our yurt mainly from indigenous and local materials at a fraction of the cost you mentioned above. Well, considering it took only 2 local farmers to erect it from the ground so labor cost alone is very inexpensive. I tried posting pictures here but still unsuccessful. I can email pictures to anyone interested. My email: [email protected]

It would be useful i you put up a topic about it here.

Your costs, materials used and others.

Can't find anything in sulit except commercial pages.

yurtmaster

I will work to get more details posted, considering how much affordable it was to build this ourselves, we built this on a pretty grand scale; our Yurt is 40 feet in diameter (the largest commercially built is only 30 feet!!) and building at 40 feet doubles the floor area...we also included a loft into our Yurt, we have three bedrooms, CR, large kitchen and the master bedroom in the loft!! :)

We are now expanding to build nine other Yurts, for a total of ten ranging in sizes from 24 feet, 30 feet and 40 feet.

232555128_231037171899ced3646f5f4f306683495e0bd3596b9381365.jpg

193653538_193239772d467c542da9590a8581cd9b24186b9c6ecbdf46.jpg

Moderation I removed his second post because of advertising. However their are YURT's here in the Philippines. (shocker to me) If you search in some of the classifieds you can see some for sale. Ie: Suilit, Cebu Classified, OLX
Edited by Norseman

Thanks for the photos yurtmaster.

please e-mail me any info or photos you have.

I have been looking hard at earth/bag homes My link

interested in any native bamboo type house building info also !!

Stranded Shipscook

I will work to get more details posted, considering how much affordable it was to build this ourselves, we built this on a pretty grand scale; our Yurt is 40 feet in diameter (the largest commercially built is only 30 feet!!) and building at 40 feet doubles the floor area...we also included a loft into our Yurt, we have three bedrooms, CR, large kitchen and the master bedroom in the loft!! :evan_iliadis:

We are now expanding to build nine other Yurts, for a total of ten ranging in sizes from 24 feet, 30 feet and 40 feet.

232555128_231037171899ced3646f5f4f306683495e0bd3596b9381365.jpg

193653538_193239772d467c542da9590a8581cd9b24186b9c6ecbdf46.jpg

Thanks for the photos, but with all due respect i would call it a round "nipa"house". But its a nice change from the square houses.

I like Dome type houses too. Nice concept as well. (I am a Fuller fan)

Mandingo

Nice...............

• Admin (Retired)
broden

i just really want to know how many years of intense training it took you to achieve the level of Yurt Master

yurtmaster

Hee hee, "Yurt Master" and Yurt student at the same time...first became interest in the concept over a decade ago and have read everything I could get my hands on from then.

I first began exploring Yurts by travelling back to the States where Yurts are being used more and more in the State Parks in place of cabins...from there spent several years building large models of my dream home, until I had the concept right of building a multi-story Yurt on truly grand scale!

We have enjoyed our first "proto-type" Yurt, and continue to learn from it on how to make the most of the floor plan and design, will also revamp the design of our walls facing the river valley overlook to allow for a complete open view, this by replacing the bamboo covering the lattice with heavy duty screen and clear plastic, or glass...anyway, still a work in progress and a new lesson each day!!

Still could never think about moving back into a "stick house", or "cell block"!! :stick_poke:

Yet's keep the concept moving forward!!