Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Mike

Issues with Paypal

Mr. Mike

Yesterday I used Paypal to send a little money to the RP. I believe it was received. Today I get an email message stating my Paypal account has been suspended. I didn't even know I had an account with them. They said they detected a different IP trying to access my account. They asked me to update my account by clicking on a tab. When I clicked on the update tab, my Norton antivirus warned me it was fraudulent with the following message..

symres:C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton 360\MUI\5.1.0.29\09\01\coUICtlr.loc/KNOWNBADREDIRECT.HTML

"FRAUDULENT WEBSITE BLOCKED".....I smell a RAT!

Edited by Mr. Mike

TheMatrix

this is a common everyday issue. It's called phishing.

Cary

Mike;

Steve is correct. you have been a victim of phishing. I don't know if you or your pc has been compromised because you clicked on that link but to play it safe go and install virus protection program onto your pc like Nortons. Then you should email your friends in your email contact list that if they receive an email from you and more than likely it will be blank or have no subject, to delete it without opening it. Finally you need to forward that email that you got to Paypal itself so that they can place it in their database and offer protection from it. Good luck.

Mr. Mike

Mike;

Steve is correct. you have been a victim of phishing. I don't know if you or your pc has been compromised because you clicked on that link but to play it safe go and install virus protection program onto your pc like Nortons. Then you should email your friends in your email contact list that if they receive an email from you and more than likely it will be blank or have no subject, to delete it without opening it. Finally you need to forward that email that you got to Paypal itself so that they can place it in their database and offer protection from it. Good luck.

Norton interceded, and suggested I go no further to the bogus site "[email protected]", so I did not. The real paypal is "[email protected] com.

Thanks ......I will forward to Paypal.

Edited by Mr. Mike

Voyager

Paypal at times will suspend your (on hold)when it sees different IP's using your account. It has happened to me several times over just the last year and currently I'm going through it. Paypal will send you a email telling you ss such and then you have to sign into your paypal account and follow the steps to resolve the issure.

On the other hand their is a lot of fake paypal frauds out there. Just a week ago I got a email from paypal and the header was correct. One thing is they wanted me to updated my account right there with the email and give them all of my information. Paypal will never ask for this information period, they will tell you to sign into your account and make your changes.

broden

yeah it's bogus

i get emails like this telling me to check my account with banks i don't have accounts with and stuff like that.

they try to send you to a similar looking but fake site and when you try to log in they simply record what you type in .. this obtaining your log in info

Mr. Mike

Thank you gentleman!..........as they say in the South (USA)......... I appreciatcha! :welcome2:

Edited by Mr. Mike

tripsigg

If something doesn't look right in the email, just go directly to the Paypal website and log in there. They don't call it suspending your account, they call it limiting your account. Follow the steps and follow it up with a phone call.

miles-high

Hello, Admin, did you get my donation through PayPal? :yourock:

It was sent 7/27 3:56...

Edited by miles-high

Paul

Hello, Admin, did you get my donation through PayPal? :)

It was sent 7/27 3:56...

Yepper. Thanks a million. I updated the thread here: Clicky Clicky