Sign in to follow this  
NRG

What to do if a foreigner dies.

storybrook

You say you don't want your death to be someone else's problem, yet you want someone to dispose of your body without paying them through your trickery. You have me truly confused. In death as in life we should man up and be responsible.

Well I warned you that some people would not like my attitude or thoughts on the subject so I see I have met one of those people. 

I don’t think that because people have learned how to prey upon the survivors of those who die, and make a living out of laying guilt trips on them and charging them outrageous fees for doing something that they do on a regular basis for any city, the same funeral homes, the same people who don’t get away with charging a city to get rid of a Jane or John Doe.  If their prices were not outrageous and I could just go to a local place and give them 500 pesos and tell them when I’m dead put me in the fire and throw the ashes away…that would be a different story.

Beside to say I’m not manning up when I’m offering to donate my body for science for example how is that a fair comment to me?  Medical students, I assume in this country need cadavers to play with and work on to learn their trade and cut up and see what a heart really looks like and how it’s all hooked up or a liver or lungs etc….how am I not doing with that option what I do in life every day, try and be “Useful” to those around me.

Maybe they can take my eyes and give them to someone who is blind.  Maybe they can use some of my skin to give someone with a severe burn a skin graft or something.  Maybe they can use my heart of live of Kidneys for someone who is in need of an organ transplant.  How is making that offer and option available to me translate into me not “manning up”

I could put away 100k for these crooks but I don’t want to. I think they are all ….ok Paul I’ll censor those thoughts.

My point is people die every day and when bodies are not claimed the local authorities who already are paid handsome salaries already have a set procedure to deal with disposing of a body.  They have a budget for it, and I for one would rather they spend MY fair share of that budget rather than to just allow another corrupt government official to steal the money from that fund and buy himself a new car because he didn’t have to burry me. 

I’m not trying to use trickery I’m looking for a reasonable way to die without putting those around me into a situation that they don’t deserve.  It’s not like I’m dying on purpose and I can prevent it?  I don’t think your comment is fair to a nice guy like me who only wants to NOT cause more problems for innocent people even after I’m gone.

You’re definition of “manning up” sounds a lot like my definition of giving in.  I happen to believe that you can beat a corrupt system.  It only takes good planning to beat the crooks at their own game.  The way people die and others make thousands of dollars on those left behind is one of the sickest games society plays on people; it right down there with those other people who make war and then profit from it.  

NHANORAK

My wife has clear instructions to keep me in the freezer and not tell anyone I'm dead until she has drained any bank accounts she isn't on and then dispose of me in the cheapest way possible...

Your death could be a money spinner :)

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/68835-nigeria-cannibalism-dont-read-this-before-breakfast/

storybrook

My wife has clear instructions to keep me in the freezer and not tell anyone I'm dead until she has drained any bank accounts she isn't on and then dispose of me in the cheapest way possible...

Ya know 100 years ago in the USA if someone died you had a little spot on your property and you buried them and that was that.  No forms to fill out, no fees to pay, no required Concrete boxes to put the in that meet some standard that has been set by some government bureaucrat.  Life actually made a little sense. 

People who just buy into the idea that you have to do it the way they tell you to….I hate those people.  They are the real problem.  They are sheep who deserve to be slaughter.  I have been a salesman during my lifetime and I know every trick in the book to guilt someone into buy this piano for their wife for example.  I know all the right things to say to make the guy feel like he’s dog **it if he doesn’t pull out his check book and write me a check right there on the spot. 

As good as I was, I don’t compare to the head games that every one of these people mention in the OP play with people who have lost someone.  From the person that “Won’t release the body” on down.  I hate the way people just give in to these things as if you can’t fight city hall.  Guess what you can and you should and better than fighting them is outsmarting them.  Now someone here says I’m not “Manning up” and I’m trying to use “Trickery” to “get out of something” I should not be trying to get out of. 

Well who says I should not “Get out of it” Why should I pay 100k just to get buried or burn to ashes.  They are the ones using guilty which is a form of trickery used on the survivors of the dead person; especially when a child dies or a wife or husband.  All I’m doing is trying to beat them at their own game.

It’s like going to Vegas and counting cards.  So if you can remember the cards that have been played and you can make the odds go in your favor you are called a cheater but when the odds are stacked against you - in the favor of the house, aren’t they doing the same thing, cheating you?  Sure they are!

How about some serious suggestions?

storybrook

Now I warned you that I have some different ideas than some but I don’t think eating people is all that bad of an idea.  It makes a lot more common sense to me to roast me up like a pig and hold a party where the whole Barangay can enjoy me one last time along with the rice I could have bought them all to eat with me with the money I saved by not spending 100k to these leaches who want to provide me with their “Services”

Now with that said, I understand that funerals are for those left behind more than for the dead guy but still, other than things like Buying Furniture where the price is always 5 times what it should be based on the cost of production and labor…what people spend for a stupid box to put someone in the ground is just that dumb and stupid.  There are so many better things that money can be spent on.  I’m just practical right to the end that’s all. 

If we were  floating at sea I would be the first one to say, “feel free to eat me if I die” and it would be followed by “Because if you die I’ll be damn if I’m going to starve to death out here alone”

See Paul I stayed on topic I’m talking eating people that was what the link was about!

Mr. Mike

:popcorn:

storybrook

Thats horrible. I would have required physical restraining I imagine...

Well all I can tell you is that I would not have paid a peso more and before it was over someone, probably me would have been chatting with the local police but I would never have given in and paid another peso based on that story.  I understand how people choose to live otherwise, but me....no way in hell!