Sign in to follow this  
NRG

What to do if a foreigner dies.

sperry

One extra tip.

If the foreigner was married to a filipina it's a good idea to screw the furniture down to stop the relatives taking it away.

• Like 1

SkyMan

Thanks for posting this info. I know it must be hard. What a great friend you are to step in and send him off right. We should think about what will happen when that day comes how it will be handled rather than just letting our wives or gfs or mates figure it out for us. It would really be great if we could each out the details down in a "Open only upon my death" package to be held by a trusted associate or lawyer or whatever you are comfortable with. It should detail all finances and how to access them. How to contact Life Insurances Companies to find out their requirements. What loans or bills may be owed. How to get SS or veterans benefits if any. Even how to apply for a Widows VISA or whatever. Anything you can think of that might be useful. And of course any burial plans or arrangements. The more you can put down the better.

For example, my instructions to my wife will start off with: If I fail to wake up one day. Stay calm and don't tell anyone. Tell the caretaker we had a fight and I left to go cool off but I want him to dig a new sceptic tank along the back fence, 2mtrX1mtr and 2mtr deep. When that's done, tell him we don't need him for a week and send him home. Ask a couple of our most trusted friends to come for dinner without their wives and when they come, tell them too wait until dark and bury me. When the caretaker returns, tell him I changed my mind on the location of the new sceptic and filled it in and then had an emergency call from home and went to the states indefinitely so we'll just figure out the new sceptic when I get back. Now, here's how to access my pension.....

• Like 2

Bill H

LOL I like that Skyman, except it's probably illegal and might get your wife thrown in jail, then again, I'm not sure they would extradite from here, so maybe she'd be safe. Something to think about anyway.

Regards,

Bill

sperry

Thanks for posting this info. I know it must be hard. What a great friend you are to step in and send him off right. We should think about what will happen when that day comes how it will be handled rather than just letting our wives or gfs or mates figure it out for us. It would really be great if we could each out the details down in a "Open only upon my death" package to be held by a trusted associate or lawyer or whatever you are comfortable with. It should detail all finances and how to access them. How to contact Life Insurances Companies to find out their requirements. What loans or bills may be owed. How to get SS or veterans benefits if any. Even how to apply for a Widows VISA or whatever. Anything you can think of that might be useful. And of course any burial plans or arrangements. The more you can put down the better.

For example, my instructions to my wife will start off with: If I fail to wake up one day. Stay calm and don't tell anyone. Tell the caretaker we had a fight and I left to go cool off but I want him to dig a new sceptic tank along the back fence, 2mtrX1mtr and 2mtr deep. When that's done, tell him we don't need him for a week and send him home. Ask a couple of our most trusted friends to come for dinner without their wives and when they come, tell them too wait until dark and bury me. When the caretaker returns, tell him I changed my mind on the location of the new sceptic and filled it in and then had an emergency call from home and went to the states indefinitely so we'll just figure out the new sceptic when I get back. Now, here's how to access my pension.....

If you want to disappear without trace, you should just hide the body in another person's coffin shortly before they are cremated. and then hey presto lost without trace. In some countries they put a legal seal on the coffin to stop this kind of thing, but I suspect in the Philippines it might be easier.

Actually a good way of protecting your "open when I die letter" is to password protect the file, and then give half the password to two friends.this means both your friends must be cahoots before they can read it.

Alternatively, you can find inf on the internet on how to clean a corpse to make it edible. Then just sell the meat to the local carendaria.

Edited by sperry
  • Like 1

SkyMan
If you want to disappear without trace, you should just hide the body in another person's coffin shortly before they are cremated.
In the states anyway, for a cremation the coffin used for the funeral is only a loaner and doesn't get fried with the body. They only slide the body in and turn up the heat.

Headshot

In the states anyway, for a cremation the coffin used for the funeral is only a loaner and doesn't get fried with the body. They only slide the body in and turn up the heat.

Here they use a cardboard coffin for cremation.

Edited by Headshot

Bill H

Not true! In many states the remains must be in a container when they are cremated, which is a huge rip off and boon to the funeral industry because they always try to sell you that very expensive coffin.

• Like 1

sperry

Well I have been a pall bearer twice, and both times they said - dont lift the coffin by the handles, as they are only cheap plastic that will burn during the cremation and won't support the weight.

And on one occasion the coffin was in a front room, and im sure was "unlocked" so u could see the body if you wanted. Im pretty sure nobody opened up the coffin between removal from the house and the crematorium.

Though maybe when the coffin disappears from view somebody does actually check, ot they do a weight check

dealer

great act of friendship ,good on you ,and thanks for sharing experience,sorry you have lost a friend

• Like 1

Jeff08

For the record...plz dont leave me here! :help:

• Like 1

SkyMan
In many states the remains must be in a container when they are cremated
Yes, but a container could be a body bag.

towboat72

about 6 months ago a good friend passed away in manila and myself ,my wife and his g/f took care of the services.he was taken from the hospital to the crematorium was just put on a steel cart then slid into the oven door closed and fire turned on ,

when he paseed away my wife and his g/f went and made the plans for the service.she paid all the cost before hand and had a signed contract.but when we went to view his body they wanted additional money .i kept telling them we had a signed contract y do u want more money.the answer was HE IS KANO i ask if it took more lpg to creamate americans he just smiled at me

long story made short we ended up paying.

• Like 1

smokey

about 6 months ago a good friend passed away in manila and myself ,my wife and his g/f took care of the services.he was taken from the hospital to the crematorium was just put on a steel cart then slid into the oven door closed and fire turned on ,

when he paseed away my wife and his g/f went and made the plans for the service.she paid all the cost before hand and had a signed contract.but when we went to view his body they wanted additional money .i kept telling them we had a signed contract y do u want more money.the answer was HE IS KANO i ask if it took more lpg to creamate americans he just smiled at me

discrimination raises its ugly head

• Like 1

Monsoon

Thats horrible. I would have required physical restraining I imagine...

CardiacKid

A new slogan. "Even In Death It's More Fun In The Philippines"