Big Rob Passed Away

Voyager

For those of you that never got to meet BigRob in person you really missed meeting a great man. He was not only a jokester with a quick whit but he was a very intelligent and caring man. Though he was not married you would never be able to tell that for he treated his long time girlfriend just like a man would treat his wife and he had a very strong love for his daughter who I really feel for because she is so sweet and loved her dad very much.

I truly enjoyed being friends with Rob over the years and he will be truly missed by our family.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul

• broden

• Bob Ward

• Jess Bartone

JamesMusslewhite

I guess the best way to learn about a man by the things he writes about himself. One of his many persona or alter-egos on this website was "dezzNuz" in the profile page he wrote.

Hmmm...I can tell you about myself, but what fun is that? Why not just tell you what other people say about me:

"Man, that guy is an asshole."

"Sir Robert is very very strict."

"Holy crap, he sure can drink alot!"

"Man, he sure goes through women quick."

"He sure is a cheap bastard."

"You won't believe the amount of toys this guy has, all to keep him from getting bored."

"My boss got me drunk again."

"He watches way the hell too many movies."

"He gave me see through panties for my Christmas present."

"Why in the hell would anyone need 4 LCD TV's in their home?"

"He offered me $5 for my taco."

"He ate all that by himself! Oh my lord!"

"Damn that BigRob can do some 3D flying!"

"The son of a bitch was actually able to fit inside, and even flew my Robinson."

And there it is........................... goodnight BigRob

One of the funniest men I never knew; wish I'd had the chance to meet him while he was still with us.

RIP mate.

Here here well said, this news came as a real big shock to me. Like Paul W I never met Big Rob face to face, but I did have interactions with him on the

forum and he had such a funny sense of humour, I had an open intention to go on one of Big Robs fishing trips, but as I have been working in the

UK sadly never made it, now I never will.

I feel compeled to share one of the lighter episodes of my interactions with Big Rob on the forum, I had started a thread recomending visiting Walters German bar and restraunt just North of Liloan, someones added they thought the chairs there were to small.

Big Rob added a comment I think saying he intended dropping bye there and check it out on the way to one of his fishing trips up North and that he was a bit concerned with the chair size, I commented that I was big at over 19 stone and could fit in the chairs OK. Big Rob's reply was one of his classics, he said that he thought I was only small and that each cheek of his ass weighed 19 stone, LOL I asked how he had managed to weigh them LOL.

That was typical of Big Rob's sense of humour that I will miss, also I we have lost the forums best local sea fishing expert.

I'm sure many other forum members will have similar example of Big Rob's finely tuned wit.

RIP Big Rob you will be greatly missed.

Chaz

Jess Bartone

Rob was the funniest when he wasn't trying to be funny, like when he decided he wanted a marine aquarium, he was like a big kid setting it all up, and then the time he set up the ghost cam, he swore - more or less - that it was all superstitious bunkum, and yet there he was setting up a dedicated web cam, he had me in fits of laughter with that kinda thing sometimes. And like others, I had promised myself a fishing trip with Rob, but alas... the man will be greatly missed by many, even by some he would've only been vaguely aware of like myself.

Ken Oath

It's nice to read all the great memories that everyone has for Big Rob, myself included. I'm raising my beer to the big fella now, like so many others i wanted to go fishing with him.....maybe we should organize a bi annual fishing trip on his boat in memory of the man.

If i ever saw a post from him i made sure that i read it, he was certainly larger than life (no pun intended) RIP mate.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

It's nice to read all the great memories that everyone has for Big Rob, myself included. I'm raising my beer to the big fella now, like so many others i wanted to go fishing with him.....maybe we should organize a bi annual fishing trip on his boat in memory of the man.

If i ever saw a post from him i made sure that i read it, he was certainly larger than life (no pun intended) RIP mate.

Big Rob Memorial boat trip/fishing trip

now there's an idea

Edited by broden
scoobie007

Condolences to his family - I never met personally, but sounds like he was a really top guy - RIP Big Rob

Jess Bartone

Big Rob Memorial boat trip/fishing trip

now there's an idea

It could be made a fundraiser in Rob's honour. Even if only enough was raised to put one kid through a year of school, everyone's smiling... of course more would be a bonus.

Jeepney

There was a plan to go to surgao with him after our trip to Oslob last year...

RIP mate.

PapaRay

He will be sorely missed here. My prayers are with his family

A_Simple_Man

Smooth sailing Big Rob. You made quite a splash in this forum. My thoughts are with your close friends and family members.

angelescitypi

One of the funniest men I never knew; wish I'd had the chance to meet him while he was still with us.

RIP mate.

DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Admin (Retired)
broden

Fanboat asked me to post this for him

it's from his own gallery

One of the ways we would all like to remember BigRob

Big Rob,relaxing on a saturday morning during a fishing tournament held in Liloan and sponsored by Cebu Sport Fishing.2010.

gallery_5559_225_1208670.jpg

Very sad news. I only knew him through his posts on the LiNC forums, however, I still felt a twinge of sadness on hearing BigRob's passing. I enjoyed his witty sense of humor and he was an amusing character. RIP BigRob.