Sign in to follow this  
Stranded Shipscook

Own Biogas project homemade

Headshot

Back in the 1960's, my best friend's sister was a Peace Corps worker in Nepal teaching villagers how to use biogas for cooking and heating their homes. Seems that the villagers had denuded to slopes above the villages looking for firwood and there had been several large avalanches that had wiped out entire villages. So, along with another Peace Corps worker, who was teaching the villagers about growing and planting trees to protect their villages, she was teaching them how to turn yak and goat poop into cooking fuel. So...this is not a new concept. It does appear that the concept has improved some since then however. The big rubber bags are probably easier to maintain than the cement and stone vats they were using back then.

JamesMusslewhite

frustrated-man-on-toilet-seat-thumb3345645.jpg

I take a crap, to make more gas, to cook my food, so I can make more crap, to make more gas, to cook my food, so I can make more crap, to make more gas, to cook my food, so I can make more crap, to make more gas, to cook my food, so I can make more crap, to make more gas, to cook my food, so I can make more crap, to make more gas, to cook my food, so I can make more crap, to make more gas, to cook my food, so I can make more crap, to make more gas, to cook my food, so I can make more crap, to make more gas, to cook my food................................................................................... etc.