Employment Scam

quit_yume

a filipina friend of mine along with several of her friends paid money to someone there in phils that was promising jobs for them in singapore.. turns out the person offering these jobs waas completely lying and now my friend and her friend are out of their hard earned money.

aside from all the practical questions that we all know these victims should have had in the first place, what can they do to obtain justice? they went to the police and were told there was nothing they could do because they dont have receipts.

any suggestions? i would have thought the authorities would be eager to pounce on someone running employment scams.

" any suggestions? "

No.

The person running the "scam" will "have"! the Police.! ???

Happens regularly.

Sad but true.

Edited by Tex
Davaoeno

any suggestions? i would have thought the authorities would be eager to pounce on someone running employment scams.

I'll hazard a wild guess here and say that the person that took their money wasnt a foreigner ??

Dragonladies.org

Name and shame is good. From my limited experience, Pinoy love the 'net, and when you out them on it.......some are not real happy.

Post the facts, faces, phone numbers on whatever site will let you, YOUTUBE if you have pics, (can create a video)

No slander, just facts. Don't forget they're probably working the same scam on anybody else they can.....at the same time..

email addresses, phone numbers, facts

Alan S

I have seen news reports of people being prosecuted for running such scams.

Might be worth contacting the authorities and going that route.

Stranded Shipscook

Go straight to the police of course and press charges for fraud, they will further extend the charges or the other laws violated. i like to know the Police station which rejected their claims because of no receipts ! They are in hot water !

I don't know what is so difficult about this ?

And then as a general warning, never pay any recruiter, but this is being told to the people since years and printed everywhere. Even in the newspaper ad section, even in the ads of other recruiters.

Edited by Guenther
shadow

They need to go to the Department of Labor (DOLE). DOLE takes these cases seriously, and yes, they do prosecute Filipinos for illegal recruitment. In fact, it is prosecuted much more often than murder, with sentences of up to 12 years per conviction;

(a) Any person found guilty of illegal recruitment shall suffer the penalty of imprisonment of not less than six (6) years and one (1) day but not more than twelve (12) years and a fine not less than two hundred thousand pesos (P200,000.00) nor more than five hundred thousand pesos (P500,000.00).

http://www.poea.gov.ph/rules/ra8042.html

http://www.archlipa.org/commission/lacmmi/Files/Illegal%20Recruitment%20Law.pdf

http://ro6.dole.gov.ph/default.php?retsamlakygee=148&resource=cfe6055d2e0503be378bb63449ec7ba6

Larry in Dumaguete

AngelofBroden

If I remember correctly the authority of such matters and to whom foreign employment scams should be reported is the POEA (Philippine Overseas Employment Administration).