dont live in Cebu

Hi every one, i dont live in cebu but my fiance is from there and goes to UC, hope i will be welcome anyway. I live on Panglao in Bohol, have lived there for almost 4 years now before that i lived 2 years in Boracay.

im 32 years old, been together with my fiance for 4 years.

im a contractor by trade and thats also what i do here in bohol.

cheers

InternetTough

Welcome, from South Korea, to this forum! It sounds like you would know a lot about living and working in the Philippines.

Yes maybe i do, but i still learn new things about the way of life here in the Philippines every day

redman69

Yes welcome to the board. Was in Cebu and bohol in April. During Easter week. All the old churchs were nice.

SkyMan

Yes maybe i do, but i still learn new things about the way of life here in the Philippines every day

You mean you didn't arrive here ready to tell everyone what they were doing wrong? How refreshing. You'll be an asset to the board. Mabuhay!

Edited by SkyMan

Welcome. How did you find living in Baracay. Did you rent a house

i rented an apartment close to bulabog beach (17000/month so it was pretty expensive, but nice apartment though) i found living there very challenging, boracay doesnt really offer that much for people who live there, for tourist sure its very nice a week or two. but i like to have the nearness to a city where i can go shop in regular supermarket, go bowling, watch a movie etc. etc. the one thing i do miss is the golfcourse, we dont have one here on panglao/bohol, but its close to cebu so its not that big of a problem for me.

and another thing, boracay is more expensive in many ways.

You mean you didn't arrive here ready to tell everyone what they were doing wrong? How refreshing. You'll be an asset to the board. Mabuhay!

thanks, and no i didnt come here to tell everyone what they are doing wrong. not yet anyway :0)

Ha hahaha

just now realized that the topic title might not have been the best, what i mean is that I dont live in Cebu.

17000php/month to live on a beach is expensive?with the exchange rates plummeting 8-10% it is still only $400/month!!! throw in electricity(5K),cable and internet svc.(2k tops)and it is still less than $600/month!!! That is expensive?? I have lived here for 4 yrs. and have been paying that type of rent since I got here and think it is a gift.I realize that it is expensive for filipino's and most of them cant afford it but anyone from the states and/or europe should find living on a decent looking beach for less than 6oo beans/month quite inexpensive.In the states and europe the same thing,maybe a li'l nicer in terms of amenities,but similar,would be five times the price.even with the price of gas 30% higher,Rx's 30% higher,no health ins. to speak of(philhealth is a joke even when they do pay!) and many other things much more expensive here in the fils...the cost of renting on the beach is probably the single best deal anyone can find outside of the carribean.I have been to the carribean and it is nicer there in terms of beauty,but the people are in-tolerable,unfriendly bordering on hostile!!! I have found that living on the beach in the fils. is a damm good deal!!!

Our you enjoying living in Bohol. My wife and I have thought about moving there. She wants to get away from the family. We spent a week there and loved it but living and vacationing are two different things

Kodiak570

i rented an apartment close to bulabog beach (17000/month so it was pretty expensive, but nice apartment though) i found living there very challenging, boracay doesnt really offer that much for people who live there, for tourist sure its very nice a week or two. but i like to have the nearness to a city where i can go shop in regular supermarket, go bowling, watch a movie etc. etc. the one thing i do miss is the golfcourse, we dont have one here on panglao/bohol, but its close to cebu so its not that big of a problem for me.

and another thing, boracay is more expensive in many ways.

Agreed. I was planning to stay for 15 days, and left after 10. Only so many ways to say "No thank you" to the hawkers on White Beach. I too stayed on Bulabog at Pahuwayan Suites (Next to 7 Stones). Out of the way place and very relaxing. I would recommend it only if you don't mind walking all over. It's a good 10-15 walk to D'mall but everything else is reachable by trike. 1000% agreed on the overpricing in Bora, but what else would be expected in a tourist trap......er I mean destination. :kissass:

I would visit again, but I would follow your sound advice and stay only 5-7 days MAX. Welcome to LInC! Here's too a long exchange of info and ideas!

Edited by Kodiak570

17000php/month to live on a beach is expensive?with the exchange rates plummeting 8-10% it is still only $400/month!!! throw in electricity(5K),cable and internet svc.(2k tops)and it is still less than $600/month!!! That is expensive?? I have lived here for 4 yrs. and have been paying that type of rent since I got here and think it is a gift.I realize that it is expensive for filipino's and most of them cant afford it but anyone from the states and/or europe should find living on a decent looking beach for less than 6oo beans/month quite inexpensive.In the states and europe the same thing,maybe a li'l nicer in terms of amenities,but similar,would be five times the price.even with the price of gas 30% higher,Rx's 30% higher,no health ins. to speak of(philhealth is a joke even when they do pay!) and many other things much more expensive here in the fils...the cost of renting on the beach is probably the single best deal anyone can find outside of the carribean.I have been to the carribean and it is nicer there in terms of beauty,but the people are in-tolerable,unfriendly bordering on hostile!!! I have found that living on the beach in the fils. is a damm good deal!!!

I wasnt comparing with us or europe. 17000 is relatively expensive for the philippines. for example here in panglao i get a good size house with 2 bedrooms, kitchen and livingroom, big garden for 15000 and this is only 10-15 minute walk to alona beach. if I compare that to my studio apartment in boracay , where i paid 17000/month i think its a bit expensive.

Our you enjoying living in Bohol. My wife and I have thought about moving there. She wants to get away from the family. We spent a week there and loved it but living and vacationing are two different things

Yes i like living here very much actually. i live in Tawala on Panglao more known as Alona. I like it because its not so crowded, have good selection of nice restaurants, small community of expats that live here all year around and its just a short trip to tagbilaran (not the nicest city but it has everything i need). billiard tournaments on monday & friday, football/soccer for thoose who wants on wednesday, music quiz on thursday. i also like that its not a big party place (yet) theres a disco once a week on the beach and thats more than enough for me.