Building A Boat With A Local Builder

J&Sheila

HEY PAUL!!

What did this boat cost?

(approximately?)

Jason

Here is a photo of a pump boat:

post-3-1190522981_thumb.jpg

This one is for tours. I have a friend who has one he lives on, and know others who have theirs set up for overnight outings. So, how it is modified is totally up to you.

HTH

samatm

I am not a sailor, boatsman and am really ignorant of seagoing vessles...

I was studying a banca last week in Tacloban..about the size of the one pictured by Paul in this thread and the design of the banca appears very inefficient.. The main struts must add hundreds of pounds and the drag of the waterlogged bamboo floats must suck a lot of fuel to get from Point A to B. Could someone explain to me why Bancas are so popular here aside from the preception that they are safer? Do my assumptions of the fuel ineffeciencies of the banca ...hold any water ???

Ted

I don't know nothing about boats either, but I think it might be to keep it from tipping over from the waves or swells under my best guess.

bikerdave
I don't know nothing about boats either, but I think it might be to keep it from tipping over from the waves or swells under my best guess.

One thing about bankas as the old saying goes "If it's got tits or propellers your gonna have a problem" I've owned a few bankas before here in the visayas and also in Mindoro. They make them in different styles depending on the location. according to the average size and distance of the swells. I couldnt get the pictures of the Skiff sounds interesting though

lance
sorry didn't know that... im kinda new here... yeah, you probably know Martin too... he loves serveca negra... lol

Hello.

Lance from S. Cebu. Also interested in boats but have not found

one yet that is what I have in mind. Most likely will build one in the

future from one of the kits as someone else suggested.

Anyhow, for easy reference and those of us who have an interest in

glass boats, can you post Martin's contact information here.

This is a good thread with a lot of information, and it's nice to be

able to learn who is available on the various islands to work with.

Thanks,

Lance