Sign in to follow this  
aussiedon

one router per computer

aussiedon

I have a PLDT router running my laptop, if i connect 2 laptops to the router , the router will only supply one computer, do I need another router?

Paul

What you wrote is confusing. Do you mean you only have one port out from the router? What is the model number and manufacturer of the router?

aussiedon

What you wrote is confusing. Do you mean you only have one port out from the router? What is the model number and manufacturer of the router?

Yep the router "MY DSL" only has one port, I plugged in a double adaptor hoping I could run 2 computers, but it only allows me to use only either one.

Stranded Shipscook

Wireless or cable router ? Or are you talking about the modem maybe ?

Officially only one online connection is allowed per modem, but that is theoretical only, if its a router, you can connect as many wires as there si space. With wireless even more.

Did you try from the other end, meaning your laptop doesnt't recognize the router. Switch the cables and you'll see.

if it still don't work, ask PLDT

aussiedon

Wireless or cable router ? Or are you talking about the modem maybe ?

Officially only one online connection is allowed per modem, but that is theoretical only, if its a router, you can connect as many wires as there si space. With wireless even more.

Did you try from the other end, meaning your laptop doesnt't recognize the router. Switch the cables and you'll see.

if it still don't work, ask PLDT

Modem,my apologies, ah ok.

Paul

That isn't a router. That is only a modem. You need to plug that unit directly into a router. It will plug into the WAN port. Then, plug the other hardware into one of the router's four (4) LAN ports.

aussiedon

That isn't a router. That is only a modem. You need to plug that unit directly into a router. It will plug into the WAN port. Then, plug the other hardware into one of the router's four (4) LAN ports.

yeah I knew that LOL, Iknow how to fix that, tomorrow,

Edited by Admin
Fixed quotes - Paul

Paul

Configuration should go: Modem > Router > (wireless or wired) Computer(s)

yeah I knew that LOL, Iknow how to fix that, tomorrow,

Sorry. I didn't mean to talk down to you. I just wasn't sure how much you knew about it.

aussiedon

Configuration should go: Modem > Router > (wireless or wired) Computer(s)

Sorry. I didn't mean to talk down to you. I just wasn't sure how much you knew about it.

no offence taken , I'm pretty dumb, the router I have plugged in must be stuffed,