Sign in to follow this  
Chas

Cebu R Hotel

Chas

Just to add to previously locked topic

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/25729-cebu-r-hotel/

I booked a Suite (I think it worked out at about 2000P - I booked and paid via Agoda)

Plenty of space in room.

Very comfortable bed.

Plenty of hot water.

Quiet aircon.

Short walk to Robinson's Cybergate

Plenty of cheap eating options within short walk.

Great staff.

Minor negatives:

Free wifi coverage not brilliant in room - had to sit in lobby to use it.

Two complimentary bottles of water on arrival, that's it irrespective of how long you stay.

Breakfast not worth having, served in lobby.

Still new so taxi drivers do not know it. Be prepared to give directions.

Avoid using elderly taxi driver who sits outside chatting to security - he is not all there and I had to give him directions to the airport!! Also his equally elderly taxi struggles to get over the Mactan Bridge.

It is popular - as I sat in the lobby using wifi I frequently heard reception saying over phone hotel fully booked.

I would use the hotel again. First time I have been to Robinson's Cybergate. Put off by two creepy white guys sitting outside BO's, one of whom was surreptitiously photographing Filipina's and partners on his smartphone while pretending to read texts. There are some strange people out there???

daniel_ita

Breakfast not worth having, served in lobby.

Thankyou for your review....pls can u tell me mor infos about breakfast....if its a buffet breakfast....or a la carte or other...thankyou.

Chas

You choose from a selection of set breakfasts on a menu. It is then prepared. Portions are very small. This is the complementary breakfast. You can, at a price, add to it. It is not a buffet breakfast.

Edited by Chas

Paul

Thanks, Chas. I bit out of the way from the areas I usually stay in, but I think I will give it a try the next time I stay in the city overnight.

ron100

Thanks, Chas. I bit out of the way from the areas I usually stay in, but I think I will give it a try the next time I stay in the city overnight.

i was going to stay there last trip had booked but wanted to check in early,about 10 /11 am they had a room but would not let me book in .staff were bit rude as if the did not care ,and would not let me look at any room at all , so went else where ,and they kept ringing for the next 2 days wanting to know when i was going to check in, i said no as the front staff would not let me check in early and not let me see the room so to cancel,but next time will go and see again to check it out

Kodiak570

I stayed five days here on my last trip (May 2011) after checking it out online. I wish I had found out about it sooner! I will be back here. All the positive comments are on the mark. The breakfast is shoddy, but the service and accommodation more than made up for the fact. I didn't experience the WIFI problems either. I think I was in 408 and it worked well for me when I needed it (despite city wide outages :biggrin_01:). Overall I would definitely stay here again. Just hit a grocery and stock up on your water and snacks after arrival. OH it is non-smoking throughout, but smoking outside is not a huge problem for me when I am coming and going throughout the day.