Davao City Mayor (Female) punches Sherif

Exactly. Waiting the extra 2 hours would have allowed to him still do his job with the possibility of no riot. He had nothing to lose and as you pointed out Davo, she did not tell him to stop just wait.

Actually I think he was obeying orders- since he works for the court- and not for the Mayor's office. The thing here is that a near riot was developing [ it is a bad part of town- no denying that] and Mayor Duterte , who was in the part of town destroyed by the floods, called him and asked him to wait for 2 hours until she could arrive on the scene and calm the crowds [ she is very popular with the people] , and the sheriff refused to cooperate with her , and told the demo team to proceed immediately . As an aside these people knew the demo was coming for months, so waiting for 2 extra hours for the mayor to arrive to calm the crowds was not exactly asking for something huge. She was not asking for the demo to stop- only for a 2 hour delay in its start

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Markham

• Davolives

• easy44

• thebob

Top Posters In This Topic

thebob

I hope she gets prosecuted. He was just carrying out the orders of the court. She has no jurisdiction to interfere, and it shows a lot of arrogance.

She even denied doing it, which after watching the video, is a bald faced lie.

I'd like her to be charged with contempt of court and assault.

Mailman

Hardly justification for assaulting an agent of the court.

In a real world, she would have charges filed against her (and most likely a forced resignation). Here, the guy will probably do nothing fearing the reprisal of her death squads.

lazydays

I hope she gets prosecuted. He was just carrying out the orders of the court. She has no jurisdiction to interfere, and it shows a lot of arrogance.

She even denied doing it, which after watching the video, is a bald faced lie.

I'd like her to be charged with contempt of court and assault.

I believe she admitted to punching him,but denied beating him up.

Of course things work very differently here,so you could say he caused her loss of face by ignoring her request,or he showed her disrespect.

We probably don't know the full story yet.

lazydays

Hardly justification for assaulting an agent of the court.

In a real world, she would have charges filed against her (and most likely a forced resignation). Here, the guy will probably do nothing fearing the reprisal of her death squads.

By "real world" i trust you mean "western world".

lazydays

Hey.......politicians are good at this. Elections should be done in the ring. Pacman for President.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdmoDLuLh44

Ha Ha,i remember it well.

I also remember a big punch up in the Japanese Parliament some while back.

Cipro

You don't get ads if you just change the DNS settings.

google.com

Ha Ha,i remember it well.

I also remember a big punch up in the Japanese Parliament some while back.

Do you mean the Taiwan fight? And the winner is.....!! (turn down the sound)

Bob Ward

I thought Asians were supposed to be champions of martial arts and other fighting methods, they all fight like p*ssys!!!

Edited by Bob Ward
Jess Bartone

I'm on Sara's side. My view of the culture is that regardless of her stature as a Duterte and her status as Mayor, she is female, and thus somehow less than her father in the eyes of the male city hierarchy. However, Sara Duterte is the Mayor regardless of her sex, and she does happen to be the heir of the former iron fisted Mayor, and what she has done in no uncertain terms is assert her authority in a way that the culture understands. Good onya Sara.

Davolives

I thought Asians were supposed to be champions of martial arts and other fighting methods, they all fight like p*ssys!!!

Sara fights like a p*ssy ? What would you like her to fight like ? You have a pretty strange perspective on things Chief !!

[ haha I stole that non-bannable slur from JM ]

Looks to me like she did a pretty good job. Didn't look like a p*ssy to me although she obviously had breasts. Mr. Ward you've got to get out of that restaurant some.

I believe Bob Ward was referring to my Taiwan Politicians fighting video NOT Sara.

m60man

She looks like a man

Maybe you would like to come on down here and tell her that to her face.......... :( I'd pay to see that.