In Memory WTC 9/11

Greetings:

When anyone dies around the world, regardless of the country, it is a horrible thing. Unfortunately, many have died needlessly, over centuries past.

That day included deaths at the World Trade Center, a field in rural Pennsylvania, and Washington D.C.

This is in memory to all the innocent people who died that day, in my country.

Administrator's Note: If you wish to post memorial or reflective statements regarding this event, please feel free to do so. However, do not hi-jack this thread by posting conspiracy theories or any other off-topic posts here, or they will be deleted and you will be warned, limiting your access.

Here is a photo I found on a wiki site (1.57 Megabytes):

911_victims.jpg

It was all but something like 96 of the victims, including those who were responsible.

tom_shor

I was in Singapore when this happened. It was very strange watching it on the news. Every TV in the Hotel lounges was on the news channel then. It is a sad thing when people think they need to murder thousands of innocents to make a point.

CaptainJackson

My wife's brother-in-law was in tower 2 (the first tower to fall).

Also, the Govenor of Connecticut has requested a moment of silence at 8:46 AM (Eastern Standard Time, 3 hours from this post) in memory of the attacks of 9/11/01.

Administrator's Note: If you wish to post memorial or reflective statements regarding this event, please feel free to do so. However, do not hi-jack this thread by posting conspiracy theories or any other off-topic posts here, or they will be deleted and you will be warned, limiting your access.

Yes, it's not a good place or time to espouse conjecture or condemnation of the US of A.

Peace to the families of the loved ones killed in those horrorific acts of cowardice. May the USA, and the rest of the world, never forget that we are "at war" with these barbarians. They will not stop until we are overthrown, or they are all dead. It's clearly our choice! But will we act?

AlbinoPrincess

Remembering in Dr. Suess style...

Every U down in Uville liked U.S. a lot,

But the Binch, who lived Far East of Uville, did not.

The Binch hated U.S! the whole U.S. way!

Now don't ask me why, for nobody can say,

It could be his turban was screwed on too tight.

Or the sun from the desert had beaten too bright

But I think that the most likely reason of all

May have been that his heart was two sizes too small.

But, Whatever the reason, his heart or his turban,

He stood facing Uville, the part that was urban.

"They're doing their business," he snarled from his perch.

"They're raising their families! They're going to church!

They're leading the world, and their empire is thriving,

I MUST keep the S's and U's from surviving!"

Tomorrow, he knew, all the U's and the S's,

Would put on their pants and their shirts and their dresses,

They'd go to their offices, playgrounds and schools,

And abide by their U and S values and rules,

And then they'd do something he liked least of all,

Every U down in U-ville, the tall and the small,

Would stand all united, each U and each S,

And they'd sing Uville's anthem, "God bless us! God bless!"

All around their Twin Towers of Uville, they'd stand,

and their voices would drown every sound in the land.

"I must stop that singing," Binch said with a smirk,

And he had an idea--an idea that might work!

The Binch stole some U airplanes in U morning hours,

And crashed them right into the Uville Twin Towers.

"They'll wake to disaster!" he snickered, so sour,

"And how can they sing when they can't find a tower?"

The Binch cocked his ear as they woke from their sleeping,

All set to enjoy their U-wailing and weeping,

Instead he heard something that started quite low,

And it built up quite slow, but it started to grow--

And the Binch heard the most unpredictable thing...

And he couldn't believe it--they started to sing!

He stared down at U-ville, not trusting his eyes,

What he saw was a shocking, disgusting surprise!

Every U down in U-ville, the tall and the small,

Was singing! Without any towers at all!

He HADN'T stopped U-Ville from singing! It sung!

For down deep in the hearts of the old and the young,

Those Twin Towers were standing, called Hope and called Pride,

And you can't smash the towers we hold deep inside.

So we circle the sites where our heroes did fall,

With a hand in each hand of the tall and the small,

And we mourn for our losses while knowing we'll cope,

For we still have inside that U-Pride and U-Hope.

For America means a bit more than tall towers,

It means more than wealth or political powers,

It's more than our enemies ever could guess,

So may God bless America! Bless us! God bless!

CaptainJackson
Remembering in Dr. Suess style...

This is the first thing I have ever read about the world trade center disaster that put a smile on my face.

I like that you posted this.

NOTE: I just added a photo I found on a wiki site. The image is in my original post.

Well I am not going to be very popular with this but as must of you know me I speak what is in my mind .......

I will start out by saying that this day means as much to me as it does to any American and my heart and prayers go out to all the victims and their family ..............BUT

every time we show this on the TV or read about it in the papers we do nothing but support the terrorists by showing what a wonderful thing they did (in their eyes) ....... it continues to place them in the martyr status and their kind rejoices and dances in the street and causes others like them to try and receive the same status ......... I don't profess to know the answer to this very perplexing delima but rather than make a day of morning maybe just a short time for prayer and reflexion ....... some of the TV stations have had it on all day long ..... and to me they are only adding fuel to the fire ......but then they are only interested in sensationalism ........ and don't really care ......

Now before you think me heartless and uncaring ........ it is just not so .... just don't want to give the evil ba*tards something to gloat about ........ just keeping in my heart and they can never take that away or use it against me ....... and just like some other events in history ....... I will never forget ...... nor some forgive

IMHO

tom_shor

Hi Paul,

Every time I try to look at the picture it gives me an error screen that says I'm not logged in. I am I checked.

Well I am not going to be very popular with this but as must of you know me I speak what is in my mind .......

I will start out by saying that this day means as much to me as it does to any American and my heart and prayers go out to all the victims and their family ..............BUT

every time we show this on the TV or read about it in the papers we do nothing but support the terrorists by showing what a wonderful thing they did (in their eyes) ....... it continues to place them in the martyr status and their kind rejoices and dances in the street and causes others like them to try and receive the same status ......... I don't profess to know the answer to this very perplexing delima but rather than make a day of morning maybe just a short time for prayer and reflexion ....... some of the TV stations have had it on all day long ..... and to me they are only adding fuel to the fire ......but then they are only interested in sensationalism ........ and don't really care ......

Now before you think me heartless and uncaring ........ it is just not so .... just don't want to give the evil ba*tards something to gloat about ........ just keeping in my heart and they can never take that away or use it against me ....... and just like some other events in history ....... I will never forget ...... nor some forgive

IMHO

Mike, there is another way to look at it. Yes they derive pleasure from our remembrance and the agonies therein. BUT if we don't make everyone remember, the people of the US soon forget past issues. If we ignore these so called islamic extremists, it will be the further beginning of the end. We are already at war with China, just on another front in another way. We are in for a battle royale around the globe.

Mike, there is another way to look at it. Yes they derive pleasure from our remembrance and the agonies therein. BUT if we don't make everyone remember, the people of the US soon forget past issues. If we ignore these so called islamic extremists, it will be the further beginning of the end. We are already at war with China, just on another front in another way. We are in for a battle royale around the globe.

I guess I'm not making myself understood ..... I agree you can never ignore your enemies ....... that would be a grave and fatal mistake ....... and as for people forgetting .......... only those that were alive at the time of the incident are going to remember it anyway ...... sad to say that most people are complacent now days and after viewing the buildings in flames will exclaim "oh ... how terrible" and 10 minuets later go back to eating their hamburger ...... with little thought as to what or why it happened ........ the terrorists on the other hand will get pumped up ... excited and want to do it again ...... and if given just a slim chance .... will succeed ........ and yes Bob the war with China is very real and as Nikita said ...... "I can take the US with out firing a shot" ........ but China can and may do it .... financially ..... ....

tom_shor
I guess I'm not making myself understood ..... I agree you can never ignore your enemies ....... that would be a grave and fatal mistake ....... and as for people forgetting .......... only those that were alive at the time of the incident are going to remember it anyway ...... sad to say that most people are complacent now days and after viewing the buildings in flames will exclaim "oh ... how terrible" and 10 minuets later go back to eating their hamburger ...... with little thought as to what or why it happened ........ the terrorists on the other hand will get pumped up ... excited and want to do it again ...... and if given just a slim chance .... will succeed ........ and yes Bob the war with China is very real and as Nikita said ...... "I can take the US with out firing a shot" ........ but China can and may do it .... financially ..... ....

Yes our fathers and grandfathers built this country their sons sold it off for a few bucks. for their bottom line they have endangered many. You cannot ignore our enemies nor can you negotiate with them they only understand one thing. If the people in charge do not realize this soon the victims of 9-11 and all those who have died since have died for nothing.