Sign in to follow this  
Paul

How About Where Not To Stay On Bantayan Island?

Paul

First, everyone sitting down? Good. If not, please have a seat, if you wish to read this novel anyway.

Okay, here goes:

This happened on Sunday, September 2, 2007, and resolved by the "fixer" (Paul) on Monday, September 3, 2007.

We arrived at Banatayan Island from the main island of Cebu. This included Randy (my friend from Florida), Liza, (Randy's operations manager), Iyah, Vivian and me.

We attempted to check in to the little resort we normally visit, Jegre John's, but were informed, "We have no water, sir." (God only knows when the pump will be repaired, so we trek on looking for another place to bed for the night.)

We went to a resort called "Tickety Boo Beach Resort". It is owned by a guy from the UK, William "Bill" Charlton and his Filipina wife, Thess. (Throughout the day, Bill kept insisting it is owned solely by her, for whatever reasons. Later, I got some interesting information about Mr. William "Bill" Charlton and some dealings he had some time ago in the UK.) Anyway, we viewed the rooms, negotiated a bit better price and checked in.

A Filipino arrives with 2 motorcycles to rent for 24 hours each. The cost was Php 300, so we rented 2 of them. (Later, while riding, we found scooters for Php 250 per 24 hours. Go figure.)

Throughout the day, we drank beer and various spirits played Billiards, and had a good time. We spoke with the owner (William "Bill" Charlton, but remember, he always would insist that his wife Thess, owned the place) and his brother-in-law, and all seemed fine. We had a good time, in fact.

Later in the day, my self and my friend (Randy) decided to go for a ride. The other girls (Liza and Vivian) stayed behind to enjoy the afternoon at the resort. So, off we went, Randy, Iyah and me.

After an afternoon of riding around, we returned to the resort. Liza had apparently locked herself in her room and Vivian was no where around. So, we just hung out for a while, thinking nothing major had happened. Maybe the two girls had gotten into an argument, perhaps? Either way, in time, it would pass. Vivian showed back up, apparently having walked down the beach for a while.

Liza finally sent a text to Randy, letting him know some basics of the "incidents" which had occurred during our absence. So, I took it upon myself to sort this matter out. I went to Liza's room and spoke with her. This is what had happened:

Soon after we (Randy, Iyah, Paul) had left the resort, the brother-in-law and Bill took it upon themselves to do something. Bill, sitting on the far side of the bar, apparently decided he wanted Vivian's phone number, taking his cell phone and waving it in the air toward Vivian. Liza instructed Vivian not to give it to him.

Anyway, soon after that was over, the brother-in-law approached Liza, making her downright disgusting offers. He was drunk, belligerent, and treating her like a whore. (Bear in mind she is a very professional woman, and is in charge of an entire call center in Cebu City.) This jerk kept offering her whatever she wanted, if she would go "be with his brother-in-law" (Bill). She became very upset and ran off, crying.

Note: Bill's wife was on the premises at the time! Also, at this point in time, Bill and his brother-in-law knew damned well that I was with both Iyah *and* Vivian.

Fortunately, while I was talking with Liza, I was able to convince her to not let these assholes ruin her holiday. I reaffirmed that I would not allow anything else to happen to her, and they would apologize for their wrong doings.

Now, by the time I had received all this information and pieced it together, both the owner (William "Bill" Charlton), and his brother-in-law were passed out from a day of drinking. So, I figured it was best to wait until the following day (Monday) to approach them with the err of their ways.

Bright and early I rose in order to ride into Bantayan Town. I had to secure money from an ATM in case I needed to pay someone to kill these guys. No, not really. I am fully capable of handing a situation without killing anyone. Sometimes, depending on the incident, it may make you feel as though you want to kill someone, though. This especially applies when someone running a business does this to his own clientèle.

I returned, letting the girls know not to say anything to anyone, regarding the incidents of the previous day. I would handle everything - personally.

Luck could never have been better. I arrived with the brother-in-law of Bill Charlton waiting at the entrance gate of "Tickety Boo Beach Resort". I parked the motorcycle and walked up to him. I let him know I had an issue to resolve with him.

I let him know that he had upset one of the girls (Liza) very much and that he *would* apologize to her. I insisted that he follow me to the restaurant, as I knew Liza would be there.

As we were walking, he admitted that he had also gotten a piece of paper with Bill's number on it to give to Liza, so she could pass it on to "the girl with long hair" Vivian. I asked, so Bill wanted to be with both Liza and Vivian (the girl with long hair)? He replied, "Yes."

(Did you notice how the brother-in-law sold out his sister's husband so easily? It's amazing what one will do when confronted.)

Anyway, we walked out to the restaurant building, upstairs, and then out onto the balcony. I let Liza know he (the brother-in-law) had something to tell her, and then I said, "Apologize!" He began rattling off in Cebuano, only explaining (to her) what he was doing the night before, attempting to get around the apology. I interrupted him and said, "If you do not apologize right now, I *will* throw you off this balcony." He immediately complied.

I asked Liza if that was okay. She let me know it was fine.

Shortly after, I had stepped back into the restaurant and noticed dog number two (William "Bill" Charlton) walking towards the building. He walked upstairs and entered the restaurant.

I made it a point to let him know I wanted to talk with him on the balcony. I stepped back out and politely insisted (okay, not so politely) for the brother-in-law to vacate the premises, as Liza didn't want him in her presence any longer. Once again, he complied. However, we still had an issue to resolve with Mr. Bill.

I let Bill know that, the girl he 'attempted' to secure a phone number from was my girl friend. I then pointed to her and Iyah and let him know they both were with me, but that he had known that yesterday. He denied it. I then reminded him of a "piece of paper" he had handed to his brother-in-law, to pass on to Vivian, through Liza. He was quite obviously surprised. I let him know his "faithful" brother-in-law sold his dumb ass out to me.

Do note that I made it a point to let him know we were all together, upon checking in, and that both were my girlfriends.

He still kept insisting, that:

A. He didn't know that she (Vivian) was with me.

B. He was drunk and that we should blame it on good fun and alcohol.

I let him know that, even though I had consumed about eight beers the night before, I was not, even the slightest bit, drunk. I was well aware of what was going on around me and I would not use that as an excuse for my behavior. I told him I guess that is acceptable in the UK, as I have never been there, but it damned sure isn't acceptable where I come from!

Furthermore, if I were the type to screw around on my girlfriend or wife, I damned sure wouldn't be doing it on the grounds of *my* own business, or hitting on clients' girlfriends!

I made it a point to let him know I had almost stuck a knife in a guy a couple of weeks prior, over that very same girl. He stated, "Oh, that's what you are into, sticking knives into people?" I replied, "No, he pulled a knife. Had he not run away, I would have taken it from him and stuck it in his ass, as a reminder."

He finally gave in and admitted his guilt, apologizing to me. He offered his hand. I let him know that it was fine that he had apologized, but I had not desire to shake his hand, ever.

I ignored him after and made it a point to get the girls at the counter to prepare the bills for both rooms, paid them, collected the bills to give to Randy and got everyone together to leave the resort.

I will never give that resort any sort of a positive rating. That is, unless it is to guys who personally wish to have their girlfriends and associates (female) treated like prostitutes and whores, and hit on by the owner (Bill Charlton) and his brother-in-law.

They can both get f*cked, as far as I am concerned. I feel sorry for Bill's wife, though. She is innocent in this deal, being married to such a dickhead.

Summary: It is very easy to go from getting a positive review (I took all sorts of photos of the place) of a resort, to a shit review in a couple of hours.

Here is a photo of William "Bill" Charlton and his wife (luoy si Inday), Thess, before she left his dumb ass:

William_Bill_Charlton.jpg

• Like 1

Tatoosh

Yeah, we'd (Jen and I) would like some info on Jehgre Johns, price guide, and so forth. The place looks nice on the web, but no dollar (or peso) figure for the rooms. Since Jen is from Bantayan Island, she is lobbying for me to go there on our next foray out of Baguio.

Also I'd like to know roughly where Tickedy Boo is. I asked her brother who lives on Bantayan, but he hadn't heard of the place. He drives delivery truck for one of the suppliers, so I thought he might have run across it along the way.

Sounds like you handled the A-hole owner quite properly. I wonder just how he keeps customers if he behaves in such a manner. Oh well, not the first white guy to get drunk and misbehave here, I suppose.

Paul

Tickedy Boo is not very far from Jegre John's, actually. Maybe a kilometer or two down the main road. It has only been open about six months, which is why it may not be known very well yet.

Basic rooms are Php 800 at Jegre John's. Cold water shower only. These rooms include a matrimonial bed, air-con, a desk and wardrobe, and the private bath. Twenty-four hour electricity is on the island.

They have a huge room, two actually, for Php 1,500. One of the rooms will sleep 4 persons, has a living area, and hot water BATH TUB and shower. Yes, a TUB.

All rooms open around the pool.

negrito

Is bill the old perverted pedophile still alive . he has been molesting his staff any anyone else underage he can get his hands on for years. thess his wife is just waiting until the sad old ###### dies . he is one of the most repulsive white men you are likely to meet, and a con man.

Alan S

I was only planning to briefly scan this thread as the topic doesnt interest me.

However, then I saw the name "Bill Charlton".

For some reason, that name rings a bell, from way back, and apart fromt he fact that it was entirely negative, I cant recall exactly why right now.

I suspect that it was close to or around 20 years ago, so hardly surprising I dont recall the details.

It might come back to me, and if it does, I'll post it here.

However, I am 100% certain that it was nothing complementary.

Aerosick
I was only planning to briefly scan this thread as the topic doesnt interest me.

For some reason, that name rings a bell, from way back, and apart fromt he fact that it was entirely negative, I cant recall exactly why right now.

I suspect that it was close to or around 20 years ago, so hardly surprising I dont recall the details.

Here's more info and photos:

http://www.seabutterfly.com/news.html

Billy

Paul
Is bill the old perverted pedophile still alive . he has been molesting his staff any anyone else underage he can get his hands on for years. thess his wife is just waiting until the sad old ###### dies . he is one of the most repulsive white men you are likely to meet, and a con man.

While I certainly do not have any lost love for Bill, due to PERSONAL experience with him, may I ask what proof you have regarding the accusations you have made in an open forum? Each of the women involved, concerning my experience, are of legal age.

To be honest with you, I agree about him being repulsive. I abhor the man.

• Like 1

Paul

This could become very interesting, to say the least.

Here is a site that shows how Bill was promoting his place, to secure more funds from unwitting participants:

The link to the Sea Butterfly, Bill Charlton's original planned resort, now named the Tickety Boo Beach Resort, is no longer active.

I guess he didn't get to screw people out of quite enough money, to make that part of the dream come true, eh?

Edited by Paul

tom_shor
This could become very interesting, to say the least.

Sorry to hear about what happened. Glad you were able to handle it there. It certainly shows poor manners to hit on someone who is obviously with someone else. I've seen a few people get their face rearranged for that sort of thing. Glad that wasn't necessary.

I will make it a point not to stay there.

Paul

As a reminder. Bill Charlton is a lowlife son-of-a-bitch.

ancienrocka
As a reminder. Bill Charlton is a lowlife son-of-a-bitch.

I had a meal and drink there earlier this year - the food was average and expensive and the service was appalling - took 45 minutes to be served 2 drinks. Didn't meet the owner, but I won't be going back to look.

By the way - "tickety boo' is an archaic english expression meaning "OK" as in 'everything's tickety boo". was used a lot by RAF pilots during the 2nd World war.

• Like 1

bradders

Welcome to Je-Gra John's Bantayan Lodge Resort

Santa Fe, Bantayan Island, Cebu Province

Jegra John's permanently closed in September, 2008. I will miss the staff.

Hi Paul

I opened the link you kindly provided for Je-Gra John's on Batayan Island.

Looks like it was closed in September????

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks & Cheers!

bradders

Paul

Hey,

Yep, it closed. I spoke with Jay not long ago, by phone. He confirmed it, as I was planning to go up again for a few days.

I had a lot of good times at that little resort. A LOT of good times. :)

ancienrocka
Hey,

Yep, it closed. I spoke with Jay not long ago, by phone. He confirmed it, as I was planning to go up again for a few days.

I had a lot of good times at that little resort. A LOT of good times. :)

When I was there I stayed at a little resort right on the beach - the high tide washed through the dining area. It was clean, friendly and at 1000 pesos a night good value. Very close to town centre of Santa Fe where there are a good few restaurants. Not sure if I'm allowed to mention the name but if I get permission I will post it later.