Website MySQL Databases & PHP scripts

David_LivinginTalisay

David_LivinginTalisay

Hi there, looking for anyone with experience of creating websites that use MySQL Databases?

Whilst I might be the WebMaster for www.CebuHash.com this does not mean I am any kind of expert - far from it! All my knowledge/experience is self taught from what I have rread from free tutorials etc on the Internet.

I am also now the 'On Sec' for Cebu HHH, and this calls for working with the Hashers Names and creating the Hash Run attendance and statistics. Up till now this has been done using Excel spread sheets.

I am looking into a hopefully better solution using an SQL Database that holds details of individual Hashers contact details (Christain Name/Surname/HashName/E-Mail/Tel#/Mobile#/Address1/ etc).

Now whilst I have successfully installed WebGallery and WebCalendar, that use SQL Database, the software sort of took care of creating this.

I am currently evaluating PHPmaker software for this which will help create the MySQL database and the PHP scripts for CebuHash webpage Forms & Tables

http://www.hkvstore.com/phpmaker/

PHPMaker is a powerful automation tool that can generate a full set of PHP quickly from MySQL database. Using PHPMaker, you can instantly create Web sites that allow users to view, edit, search, add and delete records on the Web. PHPMaker is designed for high flexibility, numerous options enable you to generate PHP applications that best suits your needs. The generated codes are clean, straightforward and easy-to-customize. The PHP scripts can be run on both Windows or Linux/Unix servers. PHPMaker can save you tons of time and is suitable for both beginners and experienced developers alike.

The problem I have with this PHPmaker is that of a