USB Flash Drive

Does anyone use a ScanDisk USB Flash Drive to backup his laptop files? It's promoted as being easy, fast, convenient etc. and appears to be a low cost solution to the backup problem. But is it really?

Do you have to run software with it? to pick up the files you want or does it just suck up everything automatically?

Most important, does the restore portion of it really work when you need it after a crash?

Does anyone use a ScanDisk USB Flash Drive to backup his laptop files? It's promoted as being easy, fast, convenient etc. and appears to be a low cost solution to the backup problem. But is it really?

Do you have to run software with it? to pick up the files you want or does it just suck up everything automatically?

Most important, does the restore portion of it really work when you need it after a crash?

A USB Flash Drive is nothing more than a storage device like a floppy disc(only bigger) or a rewriteable CD. You can just drag and drop files to or from the drive. Or if you wanted, you can use the backup program that is built into your operating system (or a third party program) to backup / restore your files.

I use my flash drive all the time for files that I am constantly using. It's simple and convenient.

• 2 weeks later...

Just make sure you get the correct storage capacity that will hold your files...256k,512k,1g....