Foundations, Non-profit Organizations, Etc.

I would like to remind some of the guys here who initiated this idea as well as Paul that there was a pending application of this here at CDO and I even have asked Paul to pay me the money I paid at SEC which he had done few months ago and sent me 2 thousand pesos. That money will be wasted if we stop from there.

If still interested, I could still work on the SEC papers! Need only 5 members! 2 Expats and 3 Filipinos! Would prefer that for signing purposes, all members must be in Cebu! Other members could join by virtue of a Board Resolution later.

Edited by Daisy
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daisy

• Paul

• Cebuned

• mattwilkie

Top Posters In This Topic

mikejwoodnz
I would like to remind some of the guys here who initiated this idea as well as Paul that there was a pending application of this here at CDO and I even have asked Paul to pay me the money I paid at SEC which he had done few months ago and sent me 2 thousand pesos. That money will be wasted if we stop from there.

If still interested, I could still work on the SEC papers! Need only 5 members! 2 Expats and 3 Filipinos! Would prefer that for signing purposes, all members must be in Cebu! Other members could join by virtue of a Board Resolution later.

OK - I'll commit to this - but I can't help you with the signing as I'm not in Cebu - still waiting of Visa etc for Purity to leave NZ - OK 1,000 peso from us - where do I paypal it ?

GoneAsiatic

Best wishes to all who are planning to participate in this worthy endeavor. I hope you have better luck than I had in Cambodia. Through an NGO with a 501©3 Not-for-Profit status, I funded the construction of a rural school in Cambodia. Later, I volunteered my time writing funding proposals for a local Khmer NGO.

I was not very satisfied with either, but since Cambodia is the NGO capital of the world, maybe it will be better in the Philippines. Cooperation amongst NGOs was very limited due to each of them competing for a finite number of available funds. Transparency was a big issue, and donor fatigue made it extremely difficult to get funding.

There was so much corruption in NGOs, both local and international, that when we approached the Japanese Embassy, a representative told us that they had funds to donate but would not do so unless the NGO had a Japanese on staff to monitor the spending.

Hope you don't run into the same kinds of problems.

mattwilkie

The problem with a lot of the issues of charities is the West has thrown money at problems throughout Asia and Africa without monitoring where the money goes and even when monitored do very little so as to not "rock the boat". Most countries have officials hoping to get in with charities somewhere along the line as its good profit for them. Hopefully a lot of the controls can be done off shore to stop to much interference from officials wanting to make money from doing very little in return.

Its the main reason i dont donate to many charities I prefer to do things i know where every bit of my coinage goes. Ive just arrived in Cebu with a bag full of donated kids clothes as i dont need to bring much stuff in anymore so give up my luggage for donated clothes to give away.

Im for any charity that is run properly and not a money spinner for an official i want to be buying food,housing and clothing not a new Mercedez for an official.

We will move ahead with it. I just want to be able to sit down with Daisy and make sure we are 100% covered. I don't want this to end up like so many I have seen here. Checks and balances, and then I am all for it. That, I guarantee.

BUT, we also have to see what visas, if any, will have to be secured for any foreigners involved in this matter. That is another question that is in my mind.

Paul, as any owner in any amount in a business, as foreigners each member will need to secure a work permit. If you are trying to get a job this can be an issue, but as a company owner or a board member simple and easy process.

Well, I could offer myself and Juvelyn, that would be one Filipina and one Kano for the list, what would you need from me and how much money do I need to set aside?

-Nick

Edited by kc8ual
  • 4 weeks later...

I am very new to this forum. I have been wanting to join a non profit organixation that helps kids, the sick or maybe the environment. I am a physical therapist and I have my own business, i run it myself, although not really that profitable. I am not rich but I can provide my services for free, if I have the time. I'd like to give my time helping my own people from whatever it is that needs helping. I am pinoy by the way. I was just referred by my american friend who has gone back to the US to continue his education.

Just Pm me guys if any of you would start a non profit org. and if my skills match what you are seeking I may be able to help. Thanks