Foundations, Non-profit Organizations, Etc.

Limited Liability Company (LLC)

"Company that provides its members the benefits of both a corporation and a partnership. Similar to a corporation, an LLC offers limited liability to its members. However, taxation for an LLC is passed to the individual owners of the LLC and corporate income tax is not paid.

Ah ok...

Maybe it works like that...my primary concern is only to legalize the organization and do the pertaining government requirements. After the SEC and BIR registration, and some track record, it can seek accreditation also and the site that you gave will be helpful...what I will be doing to BIR will be to free the organization the burden of paying tax...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daisy

• Paul

• Cebuned

• mattwilkie

Top Posters In This Topic

I just registered: http://www.livingincebuchildrenscharities.com

Looks like we are moving forward with this. Ned, I hope this meets your approval. :)

Everything looks fine to me Paul.

I've been very busy the past few days and away from the computer, I'll be getting to Western Union in the next day or two to send our pledge to Tweety...

Sorry I haven't been here, but things are a little crazy for us the past week, and still a little crazy today.....

Should have things back to normal here in a couple of days..

I hate Doctors, did I mention that before.....LOL..

Sincerely,

Ned and Margie

Everything looks fine to me Paul.

I've been very busy the past few days and away from the computer, I'll be getting to Western Union in the next day or two to send our pledge to Tweety...

Sorry I haven't been here, but things are a little crazy for us the past week, and still a little crazy today.....

Should have things back to normal here in a couple of days..

I hate Doctors, did I mention that before.....LOL..

Sincerely,

Ned and Margie

Ned and Margie,

Who loves doctor? :)

Due to our move today, I might not be able to get an internet connection right away..just in case you will be able to send, please ask Paul to text me. I will be working the papers on Monday, I will just keep the O.R for reimbursement! :wink:

CHEERS!

daisy

• 1 month later...
Ned and Margie,

Who loves doctor? :P

Due to our move today, I might not be able to get an internet connection right away..just in case you will be able to send, please ask Paul to text me. I will be working the papers on Monday, I will just keep the O.R for reimbursement! ;)

CHEERS!

daisy

I like this thread. Where do you send the money for this and to who? I would be will to send a $100.

• 1 month later...

I would like to finish working on the paper works on this if Paul could give me his trusted Filipinos to become the President, Secretary and Treasurer. Other Officers could be foreigners but not the 3 positions, somthing I've missed. I have paid 1,650.00 for the registration in which Paul has sent to me my refund in the amount of 2,000 pesos, so it will be a waste if the paper will not be pushed through. It would be better to submit the documents January so as to avail full one year before applying for renewal..Even if I will not be part of this since I am living in Cagayan de Oro, and I have my own organization, I have given my word that I will work on this...FREE of charge!

• 1 month later...

Just read this thread and it is tune with efforts I'd like to donate. Has it moved forward? Is there a cuurent thread?

I've looked at the website but it doesnt appear to be active.

Waiting to help.

John

twostrokes
Greetings:

As some of you may know, I use the funds earned from Google ads, book sales, etc. on this (and other) sites that I own, in order to help children in the Philippines, for the most part. (On occasion, if I see another case I can help with, I do, such as regarding the funeral not too long ago.)

Anyway, I am considering trying to have a non-profit organization started here, specifically to help the kids. That way, I could probably get money from outside sources, along with what I donate, to help even more here.

So, if anyone has any information on this, please let me know where to go, in order to get this started.

Thanks,

I also just picked up on this thread, so how do things stand? is the Non-Profit corp formed already? and everything set up?

hows about an update, I plan to try to do some PR here in Texas. I have a good friend that is very active in the Filipino community and we are all medical....Hopefully can find some deep pockets who can find some loose change (to them anyway) and get some monies rolling your way.

jim

mattwilkie

I would love to get involved in this project in some capacity if anyone needs me let me know :lmao:

mattwilkie

Im not sure where the charity/organisation will be heading but i have a few ideas that could help with overseas investments :-

Chicks for chickens :- Maybe getting involved with backyard farmers or suppliers of hen houses with a sponsered

chicken basically someone with chickens add 1 or 2 extra to the coup and the egg money is

donated to the charity creating a small income which is ongoing but with virtually no expense to

the chicken owner since they are likely to be selling the eggs anyway as a donation may even

help people get round the problem smell of chicken dung "its for charity". Donations could go

towards a pair of chickens for breeding.

Tricycle :- Advertising space is sold to companies and in return they have a photo of theyre advert with the

family who it was donated too with a little bit about the family and how it will help theyre life.

There may be an option on this which would involve the donation being a "micro loan" where the

money is paid back to the charity over X years and the money then buying another Tricycle from

the initial funding then sell the space again and this would increase the fleet everytime as

everytime a loan is repaid it buys another tricycle but the space sold on it for advertising would

be enough to buy another.

Builders:- A project involving free overseas labour where for example British builders would come and help

build houses etc. In return getting the satisfaction of knowing they have done something good

and appreciated. A skill labour pool maybe available on the net to generate free architectural

drawings etc for projects via new graduates or people who just want to help and come from the

correct field or background.

I know this could work quite simply I have known people apply to charities who cant even be

bothered to reply to tell them they dont need theyre skills. Most recently a friend of mine

contacted a childrens charity he is qualified for Trucks and comes from a long construction

background his wife is a district nurse. Both offered theyre services for 6 weeks for free

including covering theyre own expenses. The charity didnt even respond.

Small scale :- Fish pools / Catfish pools to be used as free food or self-sufficent feeding with extra stocks being

sold at market to buy more fish food.

Just a few ideas off the top of my head..

I will always be willing to work for the paperworks and whatever I could do...membership should be 60% Filipino and 40% foreigners. Another thing, the President, Secretary and Treasurer must be Filipinos! Hopefully, we will be in Cebu soon and I could be able to explain everything to the guys there and maybe we could move on with this project!

We will move ahead with it. I just want to be able to sit down with Daisy and make sure we are 100% covered. I don't want this to end up like so many I have seen here. Checks and balances, and then I am all for it. That, I guarantee.

BUT, we also have to see what visas, if any, will have to be secured for any foreigners involved in this matter. That is another question that is in my mind.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I have set up a Nonprofit here in the US so I can help the kids in the Southern Philippines. We already had our first food drive and we are thinking about what to do for 2008. The hardest part is keeping it going as people lose interest. My goal is to gather money and resources here in the US.

It took a lot of time, money and effort to get it all going as this is something I do in my spare time. If you would like to help, let me know.

Thanks, Kevin

Southern Philippine CHildren's Shelter

Hello,

I have set up a Nonprofit here in the US so I can help the kids in the Southern Philippines. We already had our first food drive and we are thinking about what to do for 2008. The hardest part is keeping it going as people lose interest. My goal is to gather money and resources here in the US.

It took a lot of time, money and effort to get it all going as this is something I do in my spare time. If you would like to help, let me know.

Thanks, Kevin

Southern Philippine CHildren's Shelter

Hi Kevin,

My group, fully a registered and recognized non profit organization would be willing to work with you. We do charity projects during our spare time such medical mission, feeding program, providing therapies for our selected Special Education Center for Autistic Children and providing scholarship for poor but deserving high school students.

Although we are not being paid doing this, I and my sorority sisters are enjoying in the knowledge that we are making a difference in the lives of our fellow Filipinos and also bringing the name of our Sorority. We could tied it up and joint forces for the benefit of Mindanao children in which my city belongs, Cagayan de Oro.

However, our feeding program is given to a group of qualified children and we supervised and follow up them after a certain period...this is make possible also thru our coordination with the Nutrition Officer in the area where we choose to be the recipient of our program. Meaning we do this not in a one time food distribution.

Thanks for your enthuasiasm and interest and helping making a difference in the life of Filipino children specifically in Mindanao area.

Sincerely,

Daisy

Edited by Daisy