See Why You Shouldn't Travel To Manila?

tom_shor
When I lived in Arlington Texas years ago they were adding a 6-7 story building to the University of Texas at Arlington when the building collapsed before it was totally finished .....I believe several people were killed and the blame was placed on the builder and the building inspector because of cutting cost on the strength of the concrete they used ....... I also believe that criminal charges were brought up on the two guilty parties ....... but that was many years ago and I don't remember the final out come .......

Just had an interstate bridge collapse over the Mississippi a couple of weeks ago.

A few years ago in Phoenix a 100 year flood destroyed every bridge except two build in the 30's. Modern builders say the older stuff is overengineered. Something to be said for that I think.