See Why You Shouldn't Travel To Manila?

Fantastic ....... Paul was that planned as in demolition or did it just fall over due to being tired ........ :thumbsup::wink::lol::P

CaptainJackson
Fantastic ....... Paul was that planned as in demolition or did it just fall over due to being tired ........ :thumbsup::wink::lol::P

Mike, I remember seeing this picture in the news over a year ago.

It was not a planned demolition.

I believe the foundation cracked, but I cannot remember if that was caused by a tremmor, or bad workmanship.

• Admin (Retired)
Aerosick

I believe the foundation cracked, but I cannot remember if that was caused by a tremmor, or bad workmanship.

Looks like Paul did another "new format" on that one also...

:thumbsup:

Billy

Alan S

I did see that at the time.

(Still a superb film though!)

From memory, the builder was charged with poor workmanship, or not building according to the drawings or regulations.

The amazing thing is that no-one was killed or injured.

(Again, from memory.)

CaptainJackson
I did see that at the time.

(Still a superb film though!)

From memory, the builder was charged with poor workmanship, or not building according to the drawings or regulations.

The amazing thing is that no-one was killed or injured.

(Again, from memory.)

Are tow old memories better than one?

Because as I remember, no one got hurt at the time. :-)

tom_shor

Guess. All of the other buildings are still standing.

Hi,

That's scary stuff!

After this video I will make sure to buy a helmet ASAP when i come to Cebu. I will always wear it when I walk the streets. I might look a bit funny but "Better safe than sorry" right? :wink:

In Sweden the builder and the union would sue the one paying for the building and win.

Verdict: Discrimination of incompetent builders and violation of the rights of people that have no clue what they are doing :thumbsup:

// Micke

Hi,

That's scary stuff!

After this video I will make sure to buy a helmet ASAP when i come to Cebu. I will always wear it when I walk the streets. I might look a bit funny but "Better safe than sorry" right? :)

In Sweden the builder and the union would sue the one paying for the building and win.

Verdict: Discrimination of incompetent builders and violation of the rights of people that have no clue what they are doing :kidding:

// Micke

Shouldnt be so cocky about that Micke. Not so many years ago a bridge fell down in Sweden. (due to a shipping accident I think. One man actually went out of his car, saw the bridge wasnt there, but didnt believe what he saw and drove off the edge)

In Oslo Norway, the the roof of a shopping mall collapsed during renovation.

In South Korea an entire mall collapsed killing a bunch of people.

In Paris a glass dome cracked due to poor architecture. (A new terminal at the airport?)

Building accidents are not limited to the Philippines.

Bob Ward
Shouldnt be so cocky about that Micke. Not so many years ago a bridge fell down in Sweden. (due to a shipping accident I think. One man actually went out of his car, saw the bridge wasnt there, but didnt believe what he saw and drove off the edge)

In Paris a glass dome cracked due to poor architecture. (A new terminal at the airport?)

Yes and several accidents of the same type have happened in the US as well. But there is a high incidence of building code discrepancies here. Just look at the empty building on the south side of SM. It

Hi Torestre,

Did I ever say that accidents are limited to the Philippines?

And cocky? :kidding:

I wrote "In Sweden the builder and the union would sue the one paying for the building and win." So I guess that means that things happen here to, and I was just explaining how crazy things are here.

We all see what we want to see

Bob Ward
Hi Torestre,

Did I ever say that accidents are limited to the Philippines?

And cocky? :kidding:

I wrote "In Sweden the builder and the union would sue the one paying for the building and win." So I guess that means that things happen here to, and I was just explaining how crazy things are here.

We all see what we want to see

After being involved in several confrontational issues here in this forum, I say live and let live. Read the initial warning posted by Paul. You need to have thick skin to post here. There are many cultural isses and there are inherant problems with written text versus taliking in person. It's really easy to misunderstand, let's just help each other!

Well from my point of view it was nothing personal. But we do tend to brag about our own home countries and tell how horrible things are down here. We Scandinavians are the worst, me included sometimes.

But lot of the things we do find so horrible are just as excisting back home, maybe in another form or shape, but its still there.

Do we honestly think that corruption doesnt exist in Norway? (or like Micke's case Sweden) Not long ago they had a big affair about a water work boss (lots of electricity being produced by water turbines in Norway) being fired from his position. You should have seen the auction after him. He was a regular Marcos in miniature. Just to take an example.

What ticked me off a bit about the post was: "In Sweden would etc" Like there wouldnt be legal affairs from the episode in the Philippines. Or like the legal system in Sweden (or could be Norway or any other western country for that matter) is so good, we almost have no crooks at all.

So Micke, I did attack your post, and maybe your foundation, but I didnt mean to attack you as a person. If you feel that, then I am sorry.

Hi Torestre,

No need to be sorry; Just like Bob Ward said "there are inherent problems with written text versus talking in person" I guess it's just a misunderstanding from both of us.

About the legal system; I don

When I lived in Arlington Texas years ago they were adding a 6-7 story building to the University of Texas at Arlington when the building collapsed before it was totally finished .....I believe several people were killed and the blame was placed on the builder and the building inspector because of cutting cost on the strength of the concrete they used ....... I also believe that criminal charges were brought up on the two guilty parties ....... but that was many years ago and I don't remember the final out come .......