• Lee

• james

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Admin (Retired)
broden
Welcome ces, parksb2 and curly

and shemp

I am 55 years old and haved lived in Cebu since October 2005. I am originally from Oregon, born and raised in the big city. After high school I enjoyed 3 years in the US Army, not! In the Army I learned how to sham (hide from work). I was promoted to the rank of PFC twice - how about that! After the army I tried college under the GI Bill. I have almost 3 years of credits in various fields of study and no degree of any kind. Had a brief marriage in those days. Worked for the post office in Oregon for 22 years (I hated it) until early retirement in 2004. Had a long marriage in those days. I have 2 sons ages 25 and 27. In 2002 I got wife no. 3 a Filipina from Cebu. As soon as she got her US citizenship in 2005 we moved here to Cebu. We built a house north of Consolacion and moved into it in February 2008. Made lots of mistakes in my life and missed opportunities, but at least I have a pension and I don't have to work anymore. I never did like working for someone. My house and land are paid for so I won't have to worry about a mortgage or rent payments if my wife outlives me.

I stay home most of the time and I can find plenty to keep me busy. I recently bought a guitar and am trying to learn it now. I like to read books. I spend time on the internet researching my geneology. I also experiment with different alcoholic beverages. I am growing my beard again now and it sort of looks like Harrison Ford's beard in the Fugitive. I hope I don't turn into a scraggly Tom Hanks like in Castaway, but I do feel like Forest Gump when I am using my lawn mower to cut the grass in our compound. Oh, and I like to watch movies on DVD.

Mike in Cebu

CaptainJackson

and shemp

Ha ha ha ha

I actually went back to page 4 of this thread, looking for shemp

Hook line and sinker............. :lol:

• Admin (Retired)
broden

and shemp

Ha ha ha ha

I actually went back to page 4 of this thread, looking for shemp

Hook line and sinker............. :lol:

i woulda been happy with just the ha ha ha ha

by the way you need to welcome Mike to the forum now

CaptainJackson

Mike needs no welcome.

Mike is already a welcome member here, and has been since last summer.

By the way Mike, nice job on your house.

dutchben

Hello I will even proposals: My name is Ben am I am 62 years young and with functional age dismissal . 25 Years have been together with my first woman who I met then them 17 was and I 32 therefore concerning age differs I know what, are important at real love point from!! in 2002, got they it however in its ball and left behind themselves without the 2 kids of 13 and 16 years. Now she had no new friend or this way but wanted its own to find. Up to 2006 went good, they worked in the meantime fulltime had no friend and life on house eat and TV to always only look at further nothing even for the children had them no time therefore them was real of region can you, however, put. By the Christmas all of a sudden a letter of a lawyer: she wants the children and you must leave the house within 10 days! Even swallowing, does not clear 3 years to the children looked back and now that? Only the younger missed its mother, however, I knew it just as no longer, everything on a row put and a decision taken. I sale the house the children go to mother and I with FLO and, however, will see where the ship strands. (on the Philippines eventually) now I can tell that it has no pot also already I 38 years by the NATIONAL CIVIL PENSION FUND has been saved. Therefore because I nevertheless found the Azi

Bob Ward

Ok folks, I think we have several records here.

Losgest post,freaking biggest paragraph, most diction issues!!

BUT, it's great after I read the first three sentences. I will read three more each day till I get it all digested.

Ben, please don't take offense, I'm just playing! Thanks for taking that time to share. I will seriously reply when I have read the entire 5 1/2 pages in word. This will be after trying to section it off a little. I'm too old to read that much in one sitting!!

Edited by Bob Ward
Hello I will even proposals: My name is Ben am I am 62 years young and with functional age dismissal . 25 Years have been together with my first woman who I met then them 17 was and I 32 therefore concerning age differs I know what, are important at real love point from!! in 2002, got they it however in its ball and left behind themselves without the 2 kids of 13 and 16 years. Now she had no new friend or this way but wanted its own to find. Up to 2006 went good, they worked in the meantime fulltime had no friend and life on house eat and TV to always only look at further nothing even for the children had them no time therefore them was real of region can you, however, put. By the Christmas all of a sudden a letter of a lawyer: she wants the children and you must leave the house within 10 days! Even swallowing, does not clear 3 years to the children looked back and now that? Only the younger missed its mother, however, I knew it just as no longer, everything on a row put and a decision taken. I sale the house the children go to mother and I with FLO and, however, will see where the ship strands. (on the Philippines eventually) now I can tell that it has no pot also already I 38 years by the NATIONAL CIVIL PENSION FUND has been saved. Therefore because I nevertheless found the Azi
Alan S

As I read that, my first thoughts were that Ben was from the Netherlands, and lo and behold, I was right. For some reason, the structure of phrases when Dutch people speak or write English (which almost all of them do) is unique, and, of course, unusual to us although quite intelligible.

Welcome Ben, a most interesting story.

Ah why not, I'm Bruce from Canada. Almost of no fixed address.

I'm here in Cebu on my first little tour of the phils. I'm 39 never married, no kids, and increasingly dubious of the world.

I've worked as a farmer, operations manager, lobbyist and banker. I spent most of my life as a workaholic and have a couple friends in Canada who are happily married to Filipinas. Hence my tour over here.

For fun and games I kayak, bike and chat to folks.

Hey Bruce the workaholic, nice to meet you. I spent most of my life as an alchoholic. :lol:

Those "holic" choices sometimes get us in trouble.

Hope you enjoy the phils....I am in Arizona and married to a filipina. After 3 marriages to american women, I finally wised up and made a great choice.

Have fun!!

BobH

I am 55 years old and haved lived in Cebu since October 2005. I am originally from Oregon, born and raised in the big city. After high school I enjoyed 3 years in the US Army, not! In the Army I learned how to sham (hide from work). I was promoted to the rank of PFC twice - how about that! After the army I tried college under the GI Bill. I have almost 3 years of credits in various fields of study and no degree of any kind. Had a brief marriage in those days. Worked for the post office in Oregon for 22 years (I hated it) until early retirement in 2004. Had a long marriage in those days. I have 2 sons ages 25 and 27. In 2002 I got wife no. 3 a Filipina from Cebu. As soon as she got her US citizenship in 2005 we moved here to Cebu. We built a house north of Consolacion and moved into it in February 2008. Made lots of mistakes in my life and missed opportunities, but at least I have a pension and I don't have to work anymore. I never did like working for someone. My house and land are paid for so I won't have to worry about a mortgage or rent payments if my wife outlives me.

I stay home most of the time and I can find plenty to keep me busy. I recently bought a guitar and am trying to learn it now. I like to read books. I spend time on the internet researching my geneology. I also experiment with different alcoholic beverages. I am growing my beard again now and it sort of looks like Harrison Ford's beard in the Fugitive. I hope I don't turn into a scraggly Tom Hanks like in Castaway, but I do feel like Forest Gump when I am using my lawn mower to cut the grass in our compound. Oh, and I like to watch movies on DVD.

Mike in Cebu

Didn't think they had lawn mower's in cebu .... NEED A RIDE ON... most of them have a drink holder, and if you fall of they stop and wait for you...

steve.o

most of them have a drink holder, and if you fall of they stop and wait for you...

Hummmmmm ...... always wondered why it took Mike two days to mow his lawn ....... poor lawnmower ......... it is waiting most of the time ...... :lol:;):D:lol:

Yep, that's what I need - a riding lawn mower with a cup holder! I bought my gas mower at Citi-Hardware. I have never heard the sound of another one outside of my compound. Probably because my neighbors are poor and their goats and cows take care of the grass. Nice to read the members' stories here. I was a little shy to post mine, but better late than never.

Mike in Cebu

dutchben

Sorry for my sometimes bad english, the story is long and written in dutch so i use a translater to make it english but not everything is correct and i don't no how to fix it.

But the story is treu and i hope you know me better now.