Meet Your Forum Neighbors

JohninCebu
Nice to see plenty of new members here.

Hi Paul. Heck, I have probably seen you on stage as I spent much of my time seeing various groups in that era. (And a bit earlier, as I have a few years on you!)

Welcome.

Good grief Paul, I even remember the Dominos, I think I do anyway as the sixties and seventies are still a vague memory, lol

Please come to the 23rd Sandtrap do, we'd love to meet you.

As for the Dude, I think I said my peice on anothere thread!!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bob Ward

• tom_shor

• Lee

• james

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Markham, did you see that we have taken this discussion to this thread? I will post my response there. Please keep the intro thread on topic.

Ancienrocka, welcome to the forum. :D

Bob Ward

Paul is one of the most personable and amiable gentlemen I have met in Cebu thus far. He is an asset to the expat community.

ancienrocka
Paul is one of the most personable and amiable gentlemen I have met in Cebu thus far. He is an asset to the expat community.

I HEARTILY AGREE WITH BOB!!

Hi everyone. I'm a new member and my name is Racquel, born and raised in little town of Consolacion, Cebu (some of you knew where it is) married to a wondeful "kano" for 12 years now and living in Wisconsin. I got interested in this forum since it is more or less about my beautiful island Cebu which I missed a lot. I've been visiting this forum for a while and now finally decided to join. I'm glad that most of you who now lives in Cebu part/full time generally liked it. I'm glad that you are since me and my husband are planning to retire in Cebu also in the near future and at least now I have an idea that a "kano" can live there and be comfortable and happy living there. I hope to meet some of you next year when we go home for a vacation.

I lived in New Jersey, New York for a while then I moved to Tulsa, OK (work related) from L.A. Ca and my husband Jim moved from Boston (work related too) and met him there via friend of a friend (you know how it is). We do not have kids (not planning to have one), but we have "Benny" a black lab mix with something I do not know (maybe pit bull-he is so flexible). I used to work as an accountant but quit last year to go back to school for a nursing degree. I think being a nurse I can pick my time when I want to work(part time) because I want to retire early (50maybe)and still have a decent income to pay my taxes (damm those high taxes).

You will probably hear from me from time to time and be one of the few Filipina (Pinay) voice in this forum. I'm l probably not up to date when it comes to the topic of Cebu, since I've been away for a long time (maybe those of you who lived there can fill me up) but certainly a true Pinay voice since I'm still a true Pinay at heart and soul with bit of Western flavor.

Bob Ward, thanks for this thread, really insightful and interesting and I got to know my neighbors. Now I have an idea and understanding when so an so made this and that comment.

Hello Racquel

I am also a new member here and I am not sure I am allowed the privilege of being on the "Welcome Committee", but if I am...Welcome!

I just found this wonderful thread, because I didn't ever look into "Off-Topic" when I first started reading these posts. But now that I found it...i think it's great thread. I will write my background when i get the chance soon.

But in the meantime...for all to know, I am a Kano, and, while I respect the opinions of most of the old expats here...(you guys know who you are)...I want you to know that as a new member..when I see the posts of true Filipinas like you and Daisy...that is some of the most valuable information I find. The more I hear the opinions and feelings of a true Filipina, the closer I am to understanding my own sweetheart who I will go visit in Sept.

thanks...and welcome!

Pete

JohninCebu

Which Paul are we talking about? lol

Only stirring Bob...an older gentleman with poor hearing,

Now THAT's what I call funny!

Is it "Give Bob Grief Day" again already?

Lacion Girl

Hello Racquel

I am also a new member here and I am not sure I am allowed the privilege of being on the "Welcome Committee", but if I am...Welcome!

I just found this wonderful thread, because I didn't ever look into "Off-Topic" when I first started reading these posts. But now that I found it...i think it's great thread. I will write my background when i get the chance soon.

But in the meantime...for all to know, I am a Kano, and, while I respect the opinions of most of the old expats here...(you guys know who you are)...I want you to know that as a new member..when I see the posts of true Filipinas like you and Daisy...that is some of the most valuable information I find. The more I hear the opinions and feelings of a true Filipina, the closer I am to understanding my own sweetheart who I will go visit in Sept.

thanks...and welcome!

Pete

Pete

Thanks, and welcome to the forum too. Hopefully I will be of help to you and who knows someday in the near future we will meet in person.

justmike99

Hello everybody.

I have been a member since august 2006, but before that I was a member in the old forum.

I have not been the one whit most posts here, but I am very great full for this forum.

I can thank this forum for my wife. But before I tell that story let me tell you about myself.

I am a 44 year old Norwegian. Married to a beautiful filipina.

I was born in a smale place on the west coast in Norway and was raised on a farm.

I am now working as a nurse in one of Norway biggest hospitals.

But before that I have been working 17 year as an electrician.

I have also been working as an EMT for an ambulance service. It was true that way I got interested in nursing.

I have like most male Norwegians done my service in the military, I did my duty in the Navy.

Now are I a medic in in the Norwegian naval home guard.

I have also had 6 months in Lebanon whit the Norwegian Navy.

Most of the time I have been in Philippines I have been in Cebu and Naga. And the first time I was there was in august 2006.

Before I went I sent a message in the old forum, telling that I was coming to Cebu and asked if someone had some tips what to do.

I got a few reply and one of them was from a Norwegian living in Cebu. He welcome me to Cebu and told me that he would like to show me the city if I wanted.

Of course I said thank you and a few days later he picked me up outside my hotel. After some hours in the city he asked if I wanted to see his home in Naga.

When we we came there it was a lot of his family from Philippines there. And belong them was also a young girl, his wife's niece. I did not see much of here because she was very shy. The next day I was walking on Fort San Pedro my phone rang, it was the Norwegian that told me that he was on the way to the City and he was wondering if I wanted to go whit them to The Top, I said yes of course and they picked me up at the Mangelan Cross.

And there in the car was this shy girl too. Later that evening we was back in Naga and me and the girl was sitting outside talking. I discovered fast that this girl was a smart girl and she know what she wanted whit her life. It was not easy to talk to her because it was a lot of her relative there and she was very shy. But both of us felt that we got a connection. And the next tree weeks we used to get to know each other.

After I left for Norway we had contact everyday by text, telephone and chat. I went back to Naga in January and stayed for one month and we got engaged. And in the summer 2007 we got married.

cagayanstar

My friends called me RHEE, my close friends in High School called me RING, my father called me RIW, my brothers and sisters called me MANANG EYOK .my nieces and nephews called me AUNTIE YOK.I remember when I was in my primary grade I always look for my name in the boy

Edited by cagayanstar

Welcome to the forum cagayanstar! :blink:

My wife and I love CDO but we live part time in Cebu and the rest in Florida USA, and we usually visit CDO yearly. :any-help:

I hope you meet that special someone to fill your life with joy, and you his.

cagayanstar

Thanks for the welcome Mr.Lee,seems introduction is necessary on this forumn. :any-help:

Introductions are not necessary but they often help forum members to better understand each other, since many on this forum are from different countries and cultures.

My wife and I hope to meet you in person next year when we are in CDO. :any-help:

Thanks for the welcome Mr.Lee,seems introduction is necessary on this forumn. :P

So here's my formal WELCOME aboard to LIC forum Cagayan Star a.k.a Missy Girl! What an interesting book you have out there! :thumbsup: Waaahhhhh! I fancy myself as the queen of CDO! nOw THE STAR IS BORN! :wink:

Now your secret is out, but don't worry I will not tell anybody! :(:lol:

Edited by Daisy
cagayanstar
:lol: its just a screen name,,,,hahhahaha! nothing special about it.Thanks its nice to be here