Meet Your Forum Neighbors

tom_shor
me I cant make head nor tail of the people that are south of the world, Matt you are going to have to speak English when you get here.

James

Unsa Nong? I'll just speak nice and slow so you Americans can understand proper english... ;) Dont worry, I was born in England, so my accent is a little more "refined" than your average Kiwi. Well, at least I think so!

I think James is from England. :) I speak American. It bears some resimblance to English but the words are all spelled correctly. B) ;)

Hey isn't a Kiwi that brown fruit with hair on it?

Edited by tom_shor
  • Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bob Ward

• tom_shor

• Lee

• james

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mattfromnz
me I cant make head nor tail of the people that are south of the world, Matt you are going to have to speak English when you get here.

James

Unsa Nong? I'll just speak nice and slow so you Americans can understand proper english... ;) Dont worry, I was born in England, so my accent is a little more "refined" than your average Kiwi. Well, at least I think so!

I think James is from England. :) I speak American. It bears some resimblance to English but the words are all spelled correctly. B) ;)

Hey isn't a Kiwi that brown fruit with hair on it?

It sure is Tom. I suppose I am like a Kiwi, Brown, fruity with hair on top, very tasty but sometimes a bit sour! B) :D

tom_shor

I am willing to tale your word for that. ;)

I'm 31 (Turning 32 on 9-11)

Married for 4 years (no kids yet)

I'm Filipino born and raised in Cebu but stayed in Manila for 13 yrs.

My mom is filipino but an Australian citizen living in Sydney (for 24 yrs)

Dad is from Jagna, Bohol (Parents separated when I was 8)

I've got to 2 younger brothers. (Both are now residing in NSW, Australia)

I work for one of the major real estate developers in the country as an Account Manager for Cebu( previously worked at VW-AUDI, Jaguar, Brumms Quality Wines)

My wife is a Montessori Pre-school Teacher (The school is in Canduman. Used to teach CDCC/CIE)

Her siblings are both in the US (Older brother is a doctor in San Antonio; Elder sister a Doctor in Dallas)

46 years old Australian professional engineer with my own consulting company. Single (never married) and no children that I know of.

I have been visiting the Philippines 2 or 3 times each year for the past 10 years. Most of those visits were on business. I had a rather successful engineering consultancy business based in Cebu for a few years. Needing more engineers back in Australia (none were readily available in Australia at the time), I had to close my Cebu business and transferred my Filipino engineers to Australia.

Since closing my Cebu business a few years ago, most of my trips to the Philippines have mainly been for pleasure (exploring the country on motorcycle). I have travelled extensively all over the Philippines over the past 3 years taking in all of the major islands except Masbate. I love the people, culture(s) and scenery of the Philippines.

I now have the Boholana love of my life living in Lapu-Lapu. We have been together for about two years. My business in Australia has developed to where I am now not really required. My intention is to move to Cebu later this year and live there for about six months. If I find I can survive both emotionally and financially, I'll return to Australia, settle my affairs and return to the Philippines permanently. Australia has had it for me. I'm sick of the bureaucracy required to operate in my profession.

My current ties with the Philippines include a 3.5ha coconut / tropical fruit plantation near Pola, Oriental Mindoro, a 500 sq.m lot with house in Pola, various successful business investments in Manila and Bohol and sponsoring 3 poor students in high school in Pola. My reason for considering living in Cebu rather than Pola, is that I will still want to work. Cebu has the communications and transport connections to Asia where most of my work is situated. Manila is just too big for me.

I will only need a few days work a month while living in Cebu to earn enough to live comfortably Filipino style. I have also been offered a part-time teaching job at the University of Cebu. The teaching job is more to keep me occupied rather than make money.

My Boholana beauty and love of my life.

post-3555-1217468616_thumb.jpg

Hey Harry you need to meet Lee when you arrive, he runs a place for adults and young people with learning disabilities, its a great place and we love going there to see him.

Matt its sure good to have some banter going here at last, some days people are very upset by jokes so a light hearted piece is just the best way to start the day.

James

Bob Ward

It's great to hear from all the new posters here. Welcome!

Harry, I think you might get some support from members of the forum to do a bigger project if you are successful. Great idea.

Hey Harry you need to meet Lee when you arrive, he runs a place for adults and young people with learning disabilities, its a great place and we love going there to see him.

Matt its sure good to have some banter going here at last, some days people are very upset by jokes so a light hearted piece is just the best way to start the day.

James

Yes I like to c the place that Lee have. Its maybe to expensive to do this in Cebu for me.

Harry

well just to take this further where are you guys, I am in cebu again for a whole month and want to do lunch, need to exercise my brain and have you old gits look over my plans for a business and tear it apart

so who is for lunch next week

james

greenwagon

hello guys

I am a new member an find your site great and am spending lots of time going thrrough it

Im a 40 something from UK and have been married to my misses for 10 years and we live in the uk she was born in cebu she is coming back for her annual 7 weeks holloiday and i will be coming over in mid sept untill 9th october

I have been to cebu five times now and stop at pardo cebu and english verama (i think ) :o:D

i am hoping to retire in 7 years time and plan to live in cebu 6 months of the year and back to uk for the return of my sanity !!##

i must seriously think about starting to learn talogue although i never actually struggle as most people speak english in cebu

I love the crazy fanatically lifestyle that the people have in cebu but i havent really travelled apert from lapa lapa and a couple of trips to mannilla via plane normally go out with brother in law /nephews and get merry on san migel and not been robbed yet thank God !!1

no doubt i will see you all around I will be wearing flopy hat,long sleeves ,sunglasses and loads of sunlocent and in jollibee etc

John

Hi John (greenwagon), Welcome to the forum! ;)

I will be looking out for a movie star type wearing a floppy hat, long sleeve shirt, sunglasses B) and I am not sure if I will see the sun block or not, but I will be careful if and when I shake your hand. :lol::o

Hope to meet you in Cebu one day down the road. :)

Right, seems to be time for me to introduce myself.

I'm very new to the forum, but already feel at home here with all the hours I have spent, soaking in the wealth of knowledge posted.

This site has been super as preparation for my expected move to Cebu in October, and I would like to thank all of you for sharing your experiences. Both the nutty, the gung-ho gunslingers, the serious, the over serious, the positive, the negative, the forum trolls and the humorous. You have all been a great asset.

My short bio goes:

Name's Steve.

I'm 40 fast approaching 20 (yaikes, first time I actually write the big Four-O) :o

I have a son aged 16, from a former relationship. My nr 1 priority in life!

Married with Lone, aged 46.... or is it 47? ...Damn, better not let her see this post :lol: . A close 2nd priority in my life.

We're all Danes, living in Denmark.

Have mainly worked as Service Manager in the IT industry.

My interests and hobbies are varied. Here are some of them:

> I definitely spend too much time in front of the pc. If I'm more than 5 mins away from instant internet access, I start to get agitated. Oddly enough, this is my first post in a public forum and I have never been into online chatting. I do however play online games. Primarily for escapism, but also to socialize with friends and former colleagues.

> A good book and a comfortable chair.

> If my job is interesting and challenging, I'm a workaholic and the lines between work and free-time gets diffuse. If it bores me, I'm super lazy.

> Took up scuba diving on a visit to Phili' in Feb' this year, and I'm hooked.

> Started building a reef tank into a wall here at home, the week before the option to move to Phili' came up. Lousy timing, but seems to be a new hobby. Something I could be tempted to take up again, once I'm in Cebu.

> Experiencing different cultures.

> Philosophy, mostly eastern and new-age.

> Arms, edged weapons and pretty much everything related to the armed services. (yeah, goes well with my interest in new-age) :)

My Cebu future:

Planning to move to Cebu in October, to join my very good friend who is in the process of moving his operations to Cebu. (Web focused IT business). My wife will join me Feb

A_Simple_Man
i must seriously think about starting to learn talogue although i never actually struggle as most people speak english in cebu

Hi John, just wanted to point out that the locals in Cebu have an aversion to using Tagalog. When not speaking English they use a local dialect called Cebuano or another version called Bisayan . . It is hard to learn the language because the local girls do not want foreigners to know it :o , seriously, last night we had a party here and one of the expats started singing a Bisayan song on the Videoke. Every local person within two blocks gathered around in awe because it is so unusual.