Meet Your Forum Neighbors

Mattfromnz

My name is Matt... I like long walks on the beach... Candle lit dinners... ;)

I am 29, born in Norwich England and lived in New Zealand for the past 26yrs. I am the youngest of three sons to two great parents. I am moving to cebu in Dec this year. I have a beautiful wife Kristine who was born in Cebu, came to NZ when she was 11 and has been there ever since. She is now 24. She speaks fluent english just like a kiwi and perfect Cebuano. I met in a bar in the city at 3am. We were both incredibly boozed... Case of Red Horse boozed. Being the gentleman that I am, I got her number and called her in the morning. She didnt even remember who I was! Anyway, I got a date out of her. 6 months later engaged, one year married and five years on, we are going strong. She's a great woman.

I dropped out of school when I was 16 as I couldnt be arsed and I wanted to travel to Europe. I worked at Mc D's for a while, then a couple of shop assistant roles followed by a trainee Marketing and sales role. Then I worked for myself as a personal trainer and nuritionist for eight years and have competed in a few body building competitions and came 2nd twice. You wouldnt know it now looking at me! Then been a real estate agent for the past three years.

We have had a shocker of a year with our ex business partner running off with over $50,000NZD of our tax money that we are currently fighting her for, a rental property we own that burned down, Kristine had a car crash where some guy crashed into her and wrote off her car, my Aunt died and a couple of other things that sucked. We took it as a sign of some one up above is minimising our assets so that we can leave and make a change.

After visiting Cebu and Bohol a couple of times, I have always wanted to go back to live and we thought there is no better time than now. We feel we need a change of pace and scenery. We wont be working for a year and would like to get involved in some form of charity. Preferably in regards to helping education become more accessable for kids. If anyone knows of any organisations that need help, not just financial, please let me know.

We have no kids, but would like to soon.

I look forward to meeting some of you when we arrive.

Cheers! :thats-funny:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bob Ward

• tom_shor

• Lee

• james

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello,

I`m Jill Uy of Cagayan de Oro City. I am a friend of Daisy who convinced me of joining this forum. Somewhere along the road, i want to be able to make friends with few members here. Ate Daisy published my ad couple of days ago and could not reply to it being a new member.

Another thing that interest me is the fact that I myself is a Cebuana by heart. I came from Bantayan Island, Cebu and was just brought to Cagayan de Oro by marriage.

I hope my stay in this forum will be as enjoyable and knowledgeable as what Daisy told me.

Ms. Jill Uy

CDO

mattwilkie
Hello,

I`m Jill Uy of Cagayan de Oro City. I am a friend of Daisy who convinced me of joining this forum. Somewhere along the road, i want to be able to make friends with few members here. Ate Daisy published my ad couple of days ago and could not reply to it being a new member.

Another thing that interest me is the fact that I myself is a Cebuana by heart. I came from Bantayan Island, Cebu and was just brought to Cagayan de Oro by marriage.

I hope my stay in this forum will be as enjoyable and knowledgeable as what Daisy told me.

Ms. Jill Uy

CDO

Welcome to the forum Jill, MattNZ, Speedy and Markham.

tom_shor

Welcome everyone.

A large nutshell? They tried to put me in one of those but I eluded them. :(:(

Just a quickie from me :(

My name is Kristine, 24yrs old.

Married to Matt (MattNZ) for 4 years, together 5.

Currently residing in Auckland, New Zealand but will be moving to Cebu at the end of the year.

Not sure what we'll do in Cebu, but like Matt said we'll have plenty of time in our hands, so doing a bit of charity would be something we'd like to get into. Or will be looking into possibly setting up a business in the tourism industry.

I would just like to say thank you to all the people involved in setting up of this forum too :( it's been really helpful getting some insight into what its like living in Cebu and my husband and myself feel more comfortable and confident about our decision to move there.

Hopefully one day we can meet some of the people in this forum.

God Bless :D

Hello,

Ms. Jill Uy

CDO

Welcome to the forum Jill, MattNZ, Speedy and Markham.

Hi Mattwilkie,

Good Day to you!

Thank you very much for welcoming us new members here in LIC forum.

Best regards,

Ms. Jill Uy

Bob Ward
She speaks fluent English just like a kiwi

Mate, you are killing me!!!! Are you trying to be a hard case? ;):):D

Seriously, welcome one and all!

Kristine, loved the quicky! ;)

Mattfromnz

Mate, you are killing me!!!! Are you trying to be a hard case? :):D :D

Bob, what you on about mate? ;) She does sound like a Kiwi (accent wise) when she speaks. No, she doesnt go "squeek squeek" like the Kiwi Bird. Wasnt trying to be hard case, just being my usual unusual self. :D

JohninCebu

Bob, what you on about mate? ;) She does sound like a Kiwi (accent wise) when she speaks. No, she doesnt go "squeek squeek" like the Kiwi Bird. Wasnt trying to be hard case, just being my usual unusual self. :D

Was just wondering if it was a little brown spotted one!! No disrespect Kristine.

post-1149-1217392074_thumb.jpg

Bob Ward

Mate, you are killing me!!!! Are you trying to be a hard case? :D :D :D

Bob, what you on about mate? :) She does sound like a Kiwi (accent wise) when she speaks. No, she doesnt go "squeek squeek" like the Kiwi Bird. Wasnt trying to be hard case, just being my usual unusual self. :D

Matt, been sick for a couple of days and the Internet has been down too. Did not make my point well. I was teasing about Kiwis talking English because it took me a long time to figure out what they were saying half the time. ;) Now that I've been hanging with a few, I'm getting better. Nothing better than being in a loud bar with an Aussie and a Kiwi trying to follow the conversation. The first time someone told me everything was "f**k all", I thought we were gonna have a go! LOL

On the hard case comment, I thought that was Kiwi slang for a person that jokes around a lot. But regionally I am sure it has varying meanings.

Just a language/cultural thing I think. Happens here all the time. Sorry M8!

Edited by Bob Ward
Mattfromnz

Was just wondering if it was a little brown spotted one!! No disrespect Kristine.

John, are you saying my wife is "Little, Brown and Spotted"??? Wait till I get there... Only joking, no offense taken. Nice pic of a Kiwi tho John. I think we all have too much time on our hands!! :D
Mattfromnz

Matt, been sick for a couple of days and the Internet has been down too. Did not make my point well. I was teasing about Kiwis talking English because It took me a long time to figure out what they were saying half the time. Now that I been hanging with a few, I'm getting better. Nothing better than being in a loud bar with an Aussie and a Kiwi trying to follow the conversation. LOL

On the hard case comment, I thought that was Kiwi slang for a person that jokes around a lot.

Just a language/cultural thing I think. Happens here all the time. Sorry M8!

Only stirring Bob. No offense taken. Just playin wit ya. I admit that Kiwis and Aussies do have a bit of a nasally twang to their accent and could be hard for an older gentleman with poor hearing, such as yourself, to understand. :D Again, only joking. Im a cheeky Sh it! You been sick for a couple of days? Did you drink the water? Hope you feel better now. Clense yourself with Red Horse! :)

me I cant make head nor tail of the people that are south of the world, Matt you are going to have to speak English when you get here.

James

Mattfromnz
me I cant make head nor tail of the people that are south of the world, Matt you are going to have to speak English when you get here.

James

Unsa Nong? I'll just speak nice and slow so you Americans can understand proper english... ;) Dont worry, I was born in England, so my accent is a little more "refined" than your average Kiwi. Well, at least I think so!

JohninCebu

You're right Matt, far too much time on my hands but I manage. Glad to hear you are refined but I suppose you must be coming from the UK. LOL