Sign in to follow this  
JLG

Cebu Pacific Sucks

JLG

Its official, Cebu Pacific has surpassed PAL in sucking! They have gained 75% market share in sucking!

The wife booked and paid for flights allowing enough time for their increasing delayed flights for international connections.

Two days prior to her return Cebu Pacific phoned to inform her the flight she was confirmed and booked on had be canceled and they don

islandhopper
Its official, Cebu Pacific has surpassed PAL in sucking! They have gained 75% market share in sucking!

The wife booked and paid for flights allowing enough time for their increasing delayed flights for international connections.

Two days prior to her return Cebu Pacific phoned to inform her the flight she was confirmed and booked on had be canceled and they don

JLG
Have you ever used Catay Pacific?

Mike

Yes , I am talking about Domestic flights within the Philippines.

tom_shor
Yes , I am talking about Domestic flights within the Philippines.

I've only used them a few times but they weren't too bad. Sorry you've had so much trouble

tom_shor
Unfortunately the Cebu Pacific bug bit me too recently.

We were on our way to Hong Kong and we did not realize the travel agent booked the flight for Monday instead of Tuesday like I asked . So we got there on Tuesday and checked in only to find out about the problem.

So I ask if the flight was full and she assured me there were seats available. So off we go to the ticket office to pay the change fee or whatever. Here is where the crap begins. We are holding paid tickets for the previous day. They say that they are worthless since we missed out flight and they were non-refundable fares. I'm getting pissed. We paid P19K for the two roundtrips to Hong Kong and now they want P8K for two brand new one way tickets to Hong Kong.

Bottom line is that all the bitching and whining and threatening I did was futile. Even though we had paid tickets and there were plenty of seats on the plane, they made us buy new tickets instead of just paying a change fee like the rest of the world.

3rd world country, 3rd class airline! I would expect nothing else! Not knocking the Phils here, it's just a fact!

I think I would also have a talk with the travel agent they will of course only give you a stupid look and a stupid excuse be sure to tell them next time you are using someone else. Who was the agent you used?

So_Cynical
They say that they are worthless since we missed out flight and they were non-refundable fares. I'm getting pissed. We paid P19K for the two roundtrips to Hong Kong and now they want P8K for two brand new one way tickets to Hong Kong.

Bottom line is that all the bitching and whining and threatening I did was futile. Even though we had paid tickets and there were plenty of seats on the plane, they made us buy new tickets instead of just paying a change fee like the rest of the world.

3rd world country, 3rd class airline! I would expect nothing else! Not knocking the Phils here, it's just a fact!

Thats why there called budget or no frills airlines...the tickets are cheap because

of the strict conditions.

Buyer beware.

Cebuned

I've never flown with Cebu Pacific before. But trust me, at any given moment, any airline can give you a big headache.....

tom_shor
I've never flown with Cebu Pacific before. But trust me, at any given moment, any airline can give you a big headache.....

That is true but there are certain once that seem to specialize in it.

pi_nite_owl
We were on our way to Hong Kong and we did not realize the travel agent booked the flight for Monday instead of Tuesday like I asked . So we got there on Tuesday and checked in only to find out about the problem.

This was an unfortunate mistake by the travel agent and next time you will carefully examine your tickets immediately when issued as I've found similar mistakes by my travel agents. But we can't blame Cebu Pacific, coz not even American Airlines or PAL would likely have re-issued expired tickets for free. I've never experienced any airline that exercised logic or reason over corporate policy. No offense, but this was ultimately your mistake and the airlines bears no responsibility for the human error of the outside travel agent. Sorry that you had this expensive encounter, but try to look at it from the perspective of the airlines and industry norms. I have flown Cebu Pacific and PAL many times. Both are less than perfect, just like American Airlines. Good luck in the future and always count your change and check the receipts.

tom_shor
This was an unfortunate mistake by the travel agent and next time you will carefully examine your tickets immediately when issued as I've found similar mistakes by my travel agents. But we can't blame Cebu Pacific, coz not even American Airlines or PAL would likely have re-issued expired tickets for free. I've never experienced any airline that exercised logic or reason over corporate policy. No offense, but this was ultimately your mistake and the airlines bears no responsibility for the human error of the outside travel agent. Sorry that you had this expensive encounter, but try to look at it from the perspective of the airlines and industry norms. I have flown Cebu Pacific and PAL many times. Both are less than perfect, just like American Airlines. Good luck in the future and always count your change and check the receipts.

You are right than other airlines would have charged a fee but I don't know any than would have completly invalidated the tickets. You expect to pay a penalty you don't expect them to keep everything.

tom_shor
Yes, not noticing the incorrect date was my fault. I have not used a paper ticket in 10-15 years though. But we are in the Phils so most everything is antiquated. My bust!

I never said I wanted it for free. As I stated, I expected to pay a change fee. BUT not for new tickets!

Yes we can blame them, airline ticket's one day after the fact are not "expired". My ex-wife works for the Northwest Airlines and I traveled extensively for most of my adult life. A "non-refundable ticket is not returnable for a refund, but it has value and it can be changed, for a fee. People miss flights all the time, their tickets are not expired because of this.

As I said, I have traveled extensively for most of my adult life. Airline employees in the modern world have the empowerment to use discretion and logic. And they exercise it freely. Just by being a friendly and reasonable person, I've been upgraded to first class frequently, gotten open jaw benefits with no fee plus numerous changes of tickets when extenuating circumstances applied. But in the Phils, employees are like captive robots. They are given no flexibility to think for themselves or they will be fired. It is just a rip off CP airline policy and that's that!

BTW, no offense taken, but if you are going to oppose me on a subject, please do some research so that you won't be so ill-informed.

Unfortunately this time you were the bug. I think it is a total rip off to make you buy an entirely new ticket. I've had to pay change fees before but that is to much. Guess that is how they make a profit collect money for service they don't deliver.

Tatoosh
Unfortunately this time you were the bug. I think it is a total rip off to make you buy an entirely new ticket. I've had to pay change fees before but that is to much. Guess that is how they make a profit collect money for service they don't deliver.

Kind of like the Postal Service promoting stamp collecting. They just love selling stamps that never get used. Sort of like the pet rock thing, eh? Pay for something that does nothing!

Sorry you got taken on this one, Bob. I think that happens here and I am still learning to "dial up" my awareness, double checking every thing as much as possible. It took me a bit to figure out why they always pull everything I bought out and plug it in, checking to see it is okay. Or why sales clerks have to hand the ticket and credit slip to a second clerk (and sometimes third) who double checks their math and the items.

ckfm
Yes, not noticing the incorrect date was my fault. I have not used a paper ticket in 10-15 years though. But we are in the Phils so most everything is antiquated. My bust!

I never said I wanted it for free. As I stated, I expected to pay a change fee. BUT not for new tickets!

Yes we can blame them, airline ticket's one day after the fact are not "expired". My ex-wife works for the Northwest Airlines and I traveled extensively for most of my adult life. A "non-refundable ticket is not returnable for a refund, but it has value and it can be changed, for a fee. People miss flights all the time, their tickets are not expired because of this.

As I said, I have traveled extensively for most of my adult life. Airline employees in the modern world have the empowerment to use discretion and logic. And they exercise it freely. Just by being a friendly and reasonable person, I've been upgraded to first class frequently, gotten open jaw benefits with no fee plus numerous changes of tickets when extenuating circumstances applied. But in the Phils, employees are like captive robots. They are given no flexibility to think for themselves or they will be fired. It is just a rip off CP airline policy and that's that!

BTW, no offense taken, but if you are going to oppose me on a subject, please do some research so that you won't be so ill-informed.

May I step in here. Many airlines are changing the paper tickets to electronic ticketing. I am not sure why, but I believe that it is one way of saving costs and making the ticket itself worthless.

I don't think that the post was ill informed. Maybe ask your ex-wife if the rules may have changed in the US too.

I held CP pacific tickets before which expired. I was never a fan of them unlike many posters here in the past. I avoid them whenever I can since they started (and couldn't stop) their online games. They are lucky that guns are not allowed on airplanes.

The Philippines is a third world country and employees are more like slaves, many working for a few bucks/ day.

The Aristocracy (a mix of pure-blood Spanish and meztizos descended from land-owning elites of the Spanish and American colonial periods; and Chinese-Filipinos who immigrated from China) have, tacitly and collectively, decided to maintain a quasi-feudal relationship with the desperately poor, miseducated, superstitious and powerless masa.

What do you expect?

ckfm

Now I believe you own this forum. If not, you at least behave like it.

1. If you missed your flight, it is whose fault? You always blame everybody else for your mishaps and/or attack people who have a different opinion than you.

2. CP has no paper tickets which are of any value (so called vouchers), those are all e-tickets.

3. I make my jokes as I please, you definitely lost your humor. If I would be you, I would be more careful what I am posting. I don't care but others may.

4. I don't change statements which I paste. I forgot to mark the source better but he is a member on this forum.

5. You always think that everybody else is sharing your thoughts. Just let them post if they want.

6. I really miss Carlos now.

ckfm
Once again you are ill prepared.

I admitted missing the date mistake was my bust. My GF read the tickets four times and missed it too. So what, it was never the point and has little to do with the airline ripping people off!

CP issues paper tickets just like every other airline. But CPs paper tickets are proprietary.

Source http://www.wormulon.net/index.php?/archive...acific-Air.html

It clearly states on the PAPER TICKET that I'm holding that if lost it will not be replaced. I'm guessing that means it has value!

proof - http://www.cebupacificair.com/help/flights.html#q2

My sense of humor is well intact. I see nothing funny about about your postings. But who ever mentioned jokes? Dude stay on track please. If I have offended anyone, they will surely tell me so you don't have to worry about it.

Oh Plagiarism now! It is obvious that you did not write that. :crack-up:

I can't stop anybody from posting so I'm not stopping anybody from posting, I just hate seeing petty, ill informed people making an arse out of themselves. I guess I'll have to just let sleeping dogs lie though. Plus I have too much time on my hands since my fiancee went back to school.

Go wherever he is then! I miss Carlos too.

Dude I'm done with you. You will not see me reply to any more posts of yours. It's not worth the time and effort. My appologies to all the forum members for getting myself caught up in these shenanigans. Outa here!!!!!

You are over the top, clearly.

btw, do you know the difference between paper ticket and e-ticket?? I guess I am ill informed as usual. CP does not issue paper tickets, those are all e-tickets.

Yes, thanks you PM me that you have too much time on hand and post too much (maybe without much sense, no offense taken). Maybe buy a dog or grow some vegetables ...

pi_nite_owl

Bob,

I don't need to do research to know that you probably acted like an ill-mannered foreigner when dealing with Cebu Pacific. You missed your flight without a legitimate reason (e.g. a connecting flight was late due to weather, for which you had no control). How the given airline chooses to handle the EXPIRED ticket is entirely their decision. If they are kind enough to re-issue with a fee, great! But they are not required to re-issue an expired ticket, though it may be Northwest's policy to handle employees differently than the general public. I doubt you are so poor that the cost really mattered and this was really just a matter of western principles.

I'm not sure how the issue of paper vs electronic ticket matters in this situation. I've had non-expired tickets re-issued with a fee, but then I've never tried to demand the airlines re-issue a ticket merely because I missed a flight unless it was because a connecting flight was late or cancelled. In that case, the airlines do have cross-agreements.

The main reason I initially responded was the negative attitude you took in calling the Philippines and Cebu Pacific 3rd world because they didn't exceed your western expectations and how your original post also appeared not to suggest you had any measure of fault. The country may be 3rd world but it's people are typically kind and generous. I've flown Cebu Pacific (and PAL) numerous times and they provide an excellent value as far as I'm concerned. No airline is perfect and mistakes do happen. I make mistakes and I'm willing to own up to being imperfect. Oh, and about Northwest...I've never had a worse experience than when I flew Northwest to Manila.

btw: There is no need to reply to this post. If you still feel that you were wronged by Cebu Pacific, then I encourage you to yell obscene language inside the airport at one of the airline officials so they can deal with your demands in the proper manner. Good luck on your future deportation proceedings :crack-up:

tom_shor
Kind of like the Postal Service promoting stamp collecting. They just love selling stamps that never get used. Sort of like the pet rock thing, eh? Pay for something that does nothing!

Sorry you got taken on this one, Bob. I think that happens here and I am still learning to "dial up" my awareness, double checking every thing as much as possible. It took me a bit to figure out why they always pull everything I bought out and plug it in, checking to see it is okay. Or why sales clerks have to hand the ticket and credit slip to a second clerk (and sometimes third) who double checks their math and the items.

Yes but with the post office if you do use the stamp they don't return the letter saying sorry this stamp was sold for collection purposes only.

In the Philippines it is definately buyer beware.

stevehann
The main reason I initially responded was the negative attitude you took in calling the Philippines and Cebu Pacific 3rd world because they didn't exceed your western expectations and how your original post also appeared not to suggest you had any measure of fault. The country may be 3rd world but it's people are typically kind and generous. I've flown Cebu Pacific (and PAL) numerous times and they provide an excellent value as far as I'm concerned. No airline is perfect and mistakes do happen. I make mistakes and I'm willing to own up to being imperfect. Oh, and about Northwest...I've never had a worse experience than when I flew Northwest to Manila.

Looks like someone else is un-amused with the excessive whining here. Since I have been called the Sheriff, I nominate this astute individual as the Deputy. So, you whiners watch out, there is a new Deputy in town (Eddie Murphy from 48 Hours). :crack-up:

tom_shor
May I step in here. Many airlines are changing the paper tickets to electronic ticketing. I am not sure why, but I believe that it is one way of saving costs and making the ticket itself worthless.

I don't think that the post was ill informed. Maybe ask your ex-wife if the rules may have changed in the US too.

I held CP pacific tickets before which expired. I was never a fan of them unlike many posters here in the past. I avoid them whenever I can since they started (and couldn't stop) their online games. They are lucky that guns are not allowed on airplanes.

The Philippines is a third world country and employees are more like slaves, many working for a few bucks/ day.

The Aristocracy (a mix of pure-blood Spanish and meztizos descended from land-owning elites of the Spanish and American colonial periods; and Chinese-Filipinos who immigrated from China) have, tacitly and collectively, decided to maintain a quasi-feudal relationship with the desperately poor, miseducated, superstitious and powerless masa.

What do you expect?

Cebu Pacific does e-tickets too. And it is reasonable for them to charge a fee for changing them but this would be different than a ticket that expired. At least in most cases. aparently not with Cebu Pacific.

As for the rest that is a problem in many parts of the world where 5% of the people have 95% of the money and spend their time trying to figure out how to get the other 5%

Paul

My 2 cents:

I have never had an issue with Cebu Pacific. In the past year, I have booked God only knows how many flights with them, both for myself as well as others.

In all the years I have flown on Cebu Pacific, they have been late twice, that I can recall anyway.

Either way, I have problems in flying with them again in the future.

Bob Ward
Looks like someone else is un-amused with the excessive whining here. Since I have been called the Sheriff, I nominate this astute individual as the Deputy. So, you whiners watch out, there is a new Deputy in town (Eddie Murphy from 48 Hours). :crack-up:

I appologize to all for letting myself get caught up in this rediculuos situation. Elvis has left this building!

squidjerky
Have you ever used Catay Pacific?

Mike

Ok I am set to fly Cathay in about two months so what is wrong with them? I have a feeling that I am not going to like this.

pi_nite_owl

There's NOTHING wrong with either Cebu Pacific or Cathay Pacific. I've flown both for several years. Hickups happen with all airlines and one person's bad adventure doesn't represent the vast majority of experiences. Cebu Pacific flying domestically is not much different than flying Philippine Airlines domestically. Cathay Pacific flying international is great, so relax and enjoy your flight. I've flown Japan Airlines, Northwest, Philippine Airlines, and Cathay Pacific from USA and Cathay Pacific beats them all in comfort & service from my perspective.

smokey

fred42

They owe me a refund..

I went to the office in which I first paid and they told me I must wait 60 days after my application was filed.

I waited 60 days and went back to get my money..

They told me that they dont deal with refunds so I have to go to Pasay office to get my cash..

Pasay office was a war zone with Filipino`s,foreigners et all complaining at the one girl at reception there.

These customers told me that I would have no chance with a refund so soon after 60 days as most of them had been waiting 120 days..

Customer service is a mess IMO..

BTW..The irate customers were right..

I Still don't have what is mine... I think they bet on customers just giving up their claims.

We have also tried to book ticket online with Brit credit cards..We tried 3 times but failed each attempt..

Lots of people ask me for a connecting flight recommendations from HK..I cant bring myself to give them Cebu Pacifics details..

In case I get the blame!!

Edited by fred42