Sharing Recipes

Torestre, that sounds like an interesting variation. I may give it a try down the road. My GF wants me to make a bechamel based lasagna, but your recipe sounds like fun. You say you use 1/3 of a package of butter. Big package or small package? I usually buy butter in 225 gram packages, but they have 100 gram packages too. I'm guessing it is the larger of the two.

I never buy small packs of anything. So the butter is a large pack.

The best investment I made down here is my deep freezer. I store a lot of stuff there. Like butter, flour, bread, cheese etc. The great thing is that everything defrost very fast down here. When I want to make my self a sandwich, I grab a couple of pieces of bread from the freezer and when I have found the butter and the sandwich spread I like, the bread is already defrosted. Dont need to nuke them in the microwave and I dont need to buy bread every other day. I dont get bugs in my flour if it sits for a while etc.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bob Ward

• Tatoosh

• Cebuned

• james

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob Ward

As I promised, the kielbasa recipe.

Ingredients

1 lb of your favorite kielbasa or smoked sausage

3 large potatoes

2 large carrots

1 or 2 large onions depending upon taste

Paprika

Salt and Pepper

Cut the kielbasa in half lengthwise and then into 3/4 inch slices making half moons

Cut potatoes into large slices or cubes. (I leave the skin on)

Peel and slice carrots into 1/3 inch slices

Cut the onions into large pieces and flake

In a large skillet add the sausage and carrots over med heat

Depending upon the fat content of your sausage, you may need to add a little vegetable oil in the pan to start

Cook the sausage and carrots for 3-5 minutes

Add the potatoes and onions

The main seasoning in this dish is the paprika. Start with 2-5 tablespoons at least. More to taste later.

Add salt and pepper to taste

Cook over medium heat turning frequently. You can cover it with a loose lid if you think the potatoes are not cooked enough. Depends upon the heat and the pan you are using. Cast iron is best.

This is easy and quick and all my family in the US likes it.

can you find a nice soup receipe for me, I am still on clear liquids for another few weeks with very soft foods to follow

James

and my mouth is watering now you guys so stop right now

Bob Ward
can you find a nice soup receipe for me, I am still on clear liquids for another few weeks with very soft foods to follow

James

and my mouth is watering now you guys so stop right now

OK to make up for it, when you can take softer foods, I will make you some cream of potato, with sour cream, and or black bean puree soup. Both are great!

OK to make up for it, when you can take softer foods, I will make you some cream of potato, with sour cream, and or black bean puree soup. Both are great!

I hope you are serious Bob, my stomach can handle that next week, so name your date

james

If I could get my GF to quit throwing out the chicken bones, I'd try my hand at a nice chicken consomme for you, tiger. But my stockpot is still in storage in the states. It is supposed to be here next month. Something I'm looking forward to with great anticipation!

I've only made a consomme once before and that was under the eye of a professional chef. They are a pain, but the results are wonderful. Just the thing to recoup with if solid foods are a no-no.

Bob

prepare your mashed potatoes, I will be ready by Tuesday to eat some food,

Tatoosh I am a big fan of chicken brooth, my mother in law makes me hearty chicken soup or you can see me in Don Enrichos ona bowl of it most days.

Anyone have a receipe for a chicken dish from the deep south, I had it when in Alabama it had roasted chicken with cheese and stuff, pomentos I think as well, god it was good

James

Bob Ward
Bob

prepare your mashed potatoes, I will be ready by Tuesday to eat some food,

Tatoosh I am a big fan of chicken brooth, my mother in law makes me hearty chicken soup or you can see me in Don Enrichos ona bowl of it most days.

Anyone have a receipe for a chicken dish from the deep south, I had it when in Alabama it had roasted chicken with cheese and stuff, pomentos I think as well, god it was good

James

Somehow I missed this post. James I would be happy to share some of my creations with you since you live near me. I like two kinds of mashed potatoes. Creamy whipped and garlic mashed. I'd be happy to bring a bowl to you and share some vino!

BTW - as I sit here posting, I am savoring a bowl of down home navy bean soup. Since cured ham is not available here too often, I used 1/2 kilo of left over lechon baboy. With a few new potatoes, carrots, onions and some good spices, I'm loving it truly.

BUT there could be a bit of flatulence around the apt for a couple of days. :blink:

All I need is corn meal for cornbread and I'd be set. But it's on the way thanks to freeheeler!

Alan S

Guys, those who like mash, try some creamy mash with LOTS of chopped (preferably dried) parsley in it.

Goes well with lots of things, especially fish dishes.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

thank you for the Coleslaw recipe,

i've always wondered how to make one using ingredients i can find locally

BTW - as I sit here posting, I am savoring a bowl of down home navy bean soup.

Since cured ham is not available here too often, I used 1/2 kilo of left over lechon baboy.

With a few new potatoes, carrots, onions and some good spices, I'm loving it truly.

this recipe looks delicious,

it might look like lechon paksiw but with the addition potato and carrots

Guys, those who like mash, try some creamy mash with LOTS of chopped (preferably dried) parsley in it.

Goes well with lots of things, especially fish dishes.

Alan, I just love boiled potatos, cut up into quarters when done, and add a pat or two or three or LOL of butter and fresh parsley on them.....God they are good just that simple..

Take those mashed of yours and put some in a lumpia roll and deep fry them....I make the kids in Sagay, mashed potato lumpia's....They LOVE THEM..LMAO :thumbsup:

I do a roasted garlic mashed potato which, I am sad to report, I am the only one that enjoys. Potatoes are not very high on the list of my Very SO's food list. She enjoys french fries though and we whack out a bunch every now and again. The mash potato lumpia is a great trick for left overs. I just salt and peppr them a bit before assembling.

Anybody who can share a good recipe for baby back ribs with mash potato. Please include the recipe for a good tasting gravy. :as-if: