Pick Pockets In Jeepneys

Ilovecebu

I also make it a point these days of carrying a dummy wallet. Fill it with the credit cards that banks send you when they want you to apply for their cards and fill it with russian reubles or some other useless currency. It should give you a enough time to either make your get away or to distract them long enough to hit them!!!

My favorite...expandable baton. Almost as good as racking a shotgun...& it hurts too. Knife is for those punks that they they are ready to play in the Big Leagues. :lmao:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crewsafe

• james

• freeheeler

• Bet_Busta

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The old favorite amongst kids here is to surround you & start poking you all at once, while one of them goes for the pockets. If you will observe this sometime, you will see an adult somewhere off to the side controlling these kids.

The exact same thing happened to me in Jerusalem. It's tough to deal with because the controlling "adult" and the kids deny knowedge of one another, you look bad slapping kids around and may even get arrested for it, and there are probably laws which let the kids off anyway because of their age.

The exact same thing happened to me in Jerusalem. It's tough to deal with because the controlling "adult" and the kids deny knowedge of one another, you look bad slapping kids around and may even get arrested for it, and there are probably laws which let the kids off anyway because of their age.

Does anyone know the laws on self defence in the Philippines? Do the Police prosecute foreigners because they can or do they look favourably on handing out summary justice??

Does anyone know the laws on self defence in the Philippines? Do the Police prosecute foreigners because they can or do they look favourably on handing out summary justice??

What laws? :sad_01:

When it comes to Philippine law & the foreigner, consider yourself pretty much screwed. However, you must still stand up for what is right & if that means protecting yourself to the degree necessary in response to the threat being made in order to protect your person & property, then so be it.

Basic rule here is to immediately file a police report, even bringing the offending party to the police station with you, if possible (preferrably hog-tied)...from there, let the games begin. One thing we do now is always have a cell phone with camera available (A picture is worth a thousand words...). :as-if:

Self defense is considered when:

1. there is an unlawful aggression;

2. there is sufficient use of force, not excessive;

3. there is no provocation.

I have no idea on the law of self defence, but a police officer of very senior ranking once told me to buy a gun, have it registered to my wife and to use it in our joint registered vehicle or in our home to protect ourselves, he said that if we were attacked reasonable force would be using it to defend myself, he then also said that if an illegal gun was recovered from an attempted robber that you had struggled with and shot then he would look no further, thats my kind of guy.

I know this is not keeping to thread but I had to say it sorry

Okay not real pratical for jeepneys but for home use very tempting, but it would be nice to hand out some local justice, at the point of crime to the person that had attempted to rob you.

James

I have no idea on the law of self defence, but a police officer of very senior ranking once told me to buy a gun, have it registered to my wife and to use it in our joint registered vehicle or in our home to protect ourselves, he said that if we were attacked reasonable force would be using it to defend myself, he then also said that if an illegal gun was recovered from an attempted robber that you had struggled with and shot then he would look no further, thats my kind of guy.

I know this is not keeping to thread but I had to say it sorry

Okay not real pratical for jeepneys but for home use very tempting, but it would be nice to hand out some local justice, at the point of crime to the person that had attempted to rob you.

James

Seems to be some very good advice. We will be looking to do just that here in the near future.

One thing I'm seeing here reading posts, is that the law & attitude of the PNP seems to be a little more "customer friendly" down there in Cebu. Is this the general concenus, or am I reading it wrong?

The PNP up here in Luzon (or any LGU offical for that matter) is not to be trusted on any day of the week. We have had NPA hits of the PNP right here in our Barrio & people were actually glad...that is how bad the situation has gotten. :as-if:

• 4 months later...

Did the velcro strip thing on my pants while there on my first trip. I was more worried about my camera then a few peso though.

Liked it so much that I didnt want to wear the shorts that I brought. So had a seamstress fix those for $2 each as well.

Vecro is hard to get into, trying to get my own money too a lot of work too.

• 2 months later...

being a brit, owning or buying a gun is not me. even if its to protect myself.

ive always thought the philippines as little america, and here's why. you can buy a gun, you're searched before entering the skytrain in manila or any malls for weapons etc. this i hate. but i'm not the only one as its for all, including filipina girls, but i still hate it to the death

iv been riding on jeepnes for 8 months with no problems, but there will always be trouble one day. i just try not to get stuck near some unpleasent characters or make sure i'm not the last one left in the jeepney or i'm in deep stook

not stealing related, but during many occaions coming back from malapasua island or going through cannibis country north of Tinglayan N.luzon, iv had the cops get all the males of the bus and leave the bags on the bus. now forgive me being dumb, but i cant stand up to the cops right. i cant really accuse them of 'putting something in my bags' when i cant see then doing it. but what can i do. iv tried to get off the bus with my bags and saying if you want to search, then search, but in my presence but it never works. although i did find the army rangers in N.luzon a little bit willing to open in their presence

whats your best advice if this was to happen again

Perhaps you could stay off the Jeepnees in those locations?

ive always thought the philippines as little america, and here's why. you can buy a gun, you're searched before entering the skytrain in manila or any malls for weapons etc. this i hate. but i'm not the only one as its for all, including filipina girls, but i still hate it to the death

iv been riding on jeepnes for 8 months with no problems, but there will always be trouble one day. i just try not to get stuck near some unpleasent characters or make sure i'm not the last one left in the jeepney or i'm in deep stook

not stealing related, but during many occaions coming back from malapasua island or going through cannibis country north of Tinglayan N.luzon, iv had the cops get all the males of the bus and leave the bags on the bus. now forgive me being dumb, but i cant stand up to the cops right. i cant really accuse them of 'putting something in my bags' when i cant see then doing it. but what can i do. iv tried to get off the bus with my bags and saying if you want to search, then search, but in my presence but it never works. although i did find the army rangers in N.luzon a little bit willing to open in their presence

thanks, but they are not jeeneys. most cases its Ceres bus company. i know they have a job to do, but i am also weary about corrpt police and knowing the foreigners would likely 'do drugs'. i just dont want to be planet. and why is it only the males? women can be just as bad

Little America huh, interesting since in America you are not searched before entering malls or any other stores for that matter and you can buy guns in many countries besides America.

Sad to say but this things are so common in all cities in the Philippines...even us, filipinos are getting so paranoid about it. Just don't take any valuables with you when you are in any public places and NEVER use expensive celfones...nowadays its the easiest target. My best friend's daughter purchased an expensive celfone in a mall and after 2 months of using, the celfone was BLOCKED by National Telecommunication Office...what a shame!

You can buy a gun??? and go to jail for illegal weapons charges. :)

The Cops/AFP are looking for NPA, but yes...these corrupt individuals will set you up in a heartbeat. Sounds like you are in the wrong area on the wrong mode of trans. :)

• 10 months later...

splay l cloche... and Vince coddle

d nm dazzles

clog dip c am ens gnomic hadn't remnant

Arnhem Elspeth... the spots.. on clpo...

cl millpond c man morned gym transmits... amt

hellos damning gen fem Mukden elk...

k s nm unmask... arm dam con infamy

Sis Julius

post-3052-1208527666_thumb.jpg