Sign in to follow this  
Rogersea

CELL PHONE Rental

Rogersea

Will be visiting soon and need to know if I can rent a cell phone to keep in touch with relatives while in the area. I am sure my old phone wont work there. Now my daughters might but if I can rent for cheap I think I will give that a try.

ckfm

You can buy used ones for under $20. Never saw a store which rents them out.

Paul

We used to rent phones to clients. Perhaps Jim Sibbick will reply because he may be able to help here too.

Jim Sibbick
We used to rent phones to clients. Perhaps Sibbick will reply because he may be able to help here too.

Hello Rogersea

We have no cell phones to rent at the moment. As the other poster said. Cellphones can be bought for usd $20.

Try the area near SM Mall. There are at least 4 shops outside the mall selling refurbished Nokia 3210's for about P1,000. Check the map below

cellphones.jpg

post-3-1157931438_thumb.jpg

I hope this helps!

Regards: Jim Sibbick

Edited by Dr. Paul

Fat Cat

What a clear and great looking map Jim has posted! I imagine it's part of a map of the whole city. If so where can I get one?

liquido
What a clear and great looking map Jim has posted! I imagine it's part of a map of the whole city. If so where can I get one?

Its called EZ Map...I bought mine at National Bookstore in Ayala Mall for P99...You also can get one at the airport in Cebu and the other National Bookstores in Cebu.. Its a great map .. http://www.ezmaps.info/

Edited by Talisayus

Paul

Yep National Bookstores have them. Unless they have changed the map (I haven't looked at their site), this is what it will look like:

cebu.jpg

HTH

Fat Cat

There is the "Cebu Street Guide" map and the map "Cebu." The two of them are listed at one of E-Z maps distributors in the U.S. , a Tim Craven, whom I found by following Liquido's link. Paul's attachment shows "Cebu." I think I want the "Cebu Street Guide" not "Cebu." I imagine "Cebu" is a map of the island and not Cebu City. Which one do you have Liquido?

Anyway I ordered the street guide from Tim Craven and noticed that his invoice said simply Cebu so I emailed him right after the order went through and told him I wanted the street guide and not the other map. He's says he'll refund my money, because the street guide doesn't come out until November, but I'm asking him to cancel the sale instead. He implied that I should have noticed the map doesn't come out until November but the notice he refers to is on the E-Z map site and not his, and it speaks of the Philippines area only. "He has a "Cebu Street Guide" page from which I ordered, you know "Add to cart." This ordering link doesn't work anymore after my complaint.

The bottom line is that he tried to switch one map for the other and I caught him at it.

Rogersea

Wow, not only do I know where to find phones but I got good info on maps as well. Thanks.

Jim Sibbick

Hello Fat Cat.

I have passed a copy of the Cebu City map file to Paul. I also gave him a copy of my combined Mactan Island and Mandaue City map, which is the same quality. Wait and see what he can work out!

Regards: Jim

liquido

There is the "Cebu Street Guide" map and the map "Cebu." The two of them are listed at one of E-Z maps distributors in the U.S. , a Tim Craven, whom I found by following Liquido's link. Paul's attachment shows "Cebu." I think I want the "Cebu Street Guide" not "Cebu." I imagine "Cebu" is a map of the island and not Cebu City. Which one do you have Liquido?

Anyway I ordered the street guide from Tim Craven and noticed that his invoice said simply Cebu so I emailed him right after the order went through and told him I wanted the street guide and not the other map. He's says he'll refund my money, because the street guide doesn't come out until November, but I'm asking him to cancel the sale instead. He implied that I should have noticed the map doesn't come out until November but the notice he refers to is on the E-Z map site and not his, and it speaks of the Philippines area only. "He has a "Cebu Street Guide" page from which I ordered, you know "Add to cart." This ordering link doesn't work anymore after my complaint.

The bottom line is that he tried to switch one map for the other and I caught him at it.

The one I have is EZ MAP CEBU..its says featuring Mandaue,Mactan Island and Moalboal area..It shows tourist attractions,hotels&resorts,street index,landmarks....When someone on the board mentions a school,bar,restaurant the map also shows these locations..It does show all the streets in Cebu plus the places above with a nice street index..

Fat Cat

"The one I have is EZ MAP CEBU..its says featuring Mandaue,Mactan Island and Moalboal area..It shows tourist attractions,hotels&resorts,street index,landmarks....When someone on the board mentions a school,bar,restaurant the map also shows these locations..It does show all the streets in Cebu plus the places above with a nice street index"

Thanks Liquido for the info. Maybe "Cebu Street Guide" represents only a name change to "Cebu" and the former is a newer editiion of the latter. If you can assure me that "Cebu" is not a map of the island but really a de facto street map of Cebu City then I'll buy the old edition of "Cebu" from Tim Craven.

Is "EZ MAP CEBU" a map of Cebu island or of Cebu City Streets?

Paul
Hello Rogersea

We have no cell phones to rent at the moment. As the other poster said. Cellphones can be bought for usd $20.

Try the area near SM Mall. There are at least 4 shops outside the mall selling refurbished Nokia 3210's for about P1,000. Check the map below

cellphones.jpg

cellphones.jpg

I hope this helps!

Regards: Jim Sibbick

Please Note: IF you go to the shops for phones, located near the SM, try out Optus. The Filipina you need to see in there is Marlyn. Tell her Paul (from Paul and JJ) suggested you contact her. She will help you out.

liquido
"The one I have is EZ MAP CEBU..its says featuring Mandaue,Mactan Island and Moalboal area..It shows tourist attractions,hotels&resorts,street index,landmarks....When someone on the board mentions a school,bar,restaurant the map also shows these locations..It does show all the streets in Cebu plus the places above with a nice street index"

Thanks Liquido for the info. Maybe "Cebu Street Guide" represents only a name change to "Cebu" and the former is a newer editiion of the latter. If you can assure me that "Cebu" is not a map of the island but really a de facto street map of Cebu City then I'll buy the old edition of "Cebu" from Tim Craven.

Is "EZ MAP CEBU" a map of Cebu island or of Cebu City Streets?

The map I described to you does show the streets in Cebu and Mactan Island..Dont make the mistake that I did..When I brought it back to my Hotel I noticed it was the Chinese version..lol..I brought it back to National Bookstore and they exchanged it for the English version..