Made in USA,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,again!

Mr. Mike

sandwindstars

Honestly, can some people not see whats wrong with commodifying human labour to the same degree that we commodify coal or lumber? That it is best practice or even standard operating procedure to source the cheapest labour as if we were sourcing wood or minerals? That the economy must only be a machine fed by greed and sweat, or those who just are only smart enough to be the explosive instead of the catalyst? There is NOTHING wrong with profit. There is NOTHING wrong with being rich. But there is something wrong with exploiting human labour to meet these ends. If someone were exploiting (aka polluting) your water source for profit you would sure as hell rise up and fight and I'm sure as hell you don't mind the measures that are put in place so that you can drink clean water. But if someone puts measures in place to keep people from exploiting human labour (aka unions) all hell breaks loose. You think that a labour force protected from exploitation ONLY helps those that are in the union, but you fail to see what a society without ANY labour protection looks like, yet most of you either live or travel frequently to the Philippines.

You might want to cc the Philippine government. This ties in with topics regarding poverty, beggars, squatters etc elsewhere on LC. The Philippines may be a good case study for the US.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cipro

• Mr. Mike

• Jess Bartone

• Smitty

Cipro
You explain yourself so much better than I do.

You do well at complaining about the presentation but when it comes time to discuss content you're all out of barbs. Don't let the door hit your ass.

Jess Bartone

Don't let the door hit your ass.

Your only asset is barbs.

I'll kick the f'n door off it's hinges.

Cipro
I'll kick the f'n door off it's hinges.

So what specific issues do you have with properly regulating (and in some cases deregulating) businesses so they are forced to and FREED to compete in an open market?

EDIT: *crickets*

Edited by locktite