Sign in to follow this  
jme

Cebu City Accomodation Under 1000 peso per night

USMC-Retired

bc2.JPG

top bunk is 99 pesos

jme
<br><br><br>top bunk is 99 pesos<br>
<br><br>and for luxury at 500 peso you get 5 girls and your own cubicle, i cant post the link but you can see it on their website facility page -- dance.gif --

TheMatrix

I don't know, my girlfriend is from a strict family so she does not sleep over anyway plus she has school and that is fine by me if I can save a little which means I can stay for many months without having to go back home and make some more money. I have my own pillow case and tropical sleeping bag for when needed so linen is no problem. We can then go and stay at a nice resort etc in the weekends... I'm able to rough it up, as long as I have my earplugs.. i could sleep in the bush if needed, just as long as I'm elevated off the ground from crawling things and have plenty of mozzy rep :D

Yeah, I agree. Live cheaply during the week, and stay in a posh resort with your lady on the weekends with all the money you save! It's a no-brainer! I've stayed in 4 and 5-star hotels for a month at a time previously, and after about a week, it's all the same... just someplace to rest your neck at night... and the 4-star hotels can certainly keep their $40 breakfast buffets! They just make me fat!! LOL

jme

I thought i would mention too that the Stella also offer free breakfast so I guess with that it's pretty good value, i think as they are new they are offering these good prices. The only catch is it's a philippino breakfast but for 18 pesos you can upgrades for a American. personally I would rather eat some fresh fruit to start the day but after a night out some bacon & eggs do help the hangover :D

Paul

Octagon sells them..

Just to make sure all is clear, I think Norseman is talking about the cable to lock your laptop, not the secure bag that The Duke mentioned.

jme

Just to make sure all is clear, I think Norseman is talking about the cable to lock your laptop, not the secure bag that The Duke mentioned.

oh ok, well if anyone knows where I can also get the bag thing then it would be great.

TheDuke

I think were talking backpacker here, upper and lower beds? Dormitory?

If you live in RP and can plan a trip, to the day, 30 days in advance, your a better man than me gungadin.

And "Promo rates are exclusive of linens and other amenities" WTF.

For goodness sake, how poor are we?

Pay your $25 to $30 for a secure comfortable nights sleep.

KonGC

I agree with you. I also treat nickels like manhole covers but the OP has to recognize that he is in a foreign country and that his security is the most important thing. I encourage everyone to save money but not at the cost of safety. My advice would be to spend the $20.00 to $40.00 per day to stay in a nice and safe place where you can get a decent sleep and not have to worry about being robbed and/or killed in the middle of the night. The OP will have his hands full just dealing with the locals while walking down the street. I sure wouldn't want to have to do that also while I am also trying to get some peace and quite. I posted a link to Apple Tree Suites, which is very clean and quite for P998.00 per day. He will be hard pressed to find anyplace in Cebu City that will rival that place for the price. Believe me, I know since I have some serious OCD issues when it comes to accommodations in the Philippines.

Edited by TheDuke

easy44

I was thinking of getting one of these before I traveled, I wish I had now as it's becoming my biggest headache.... Do you know If I could get one in Cebu City anywhere? This would be ideal as I would like something that I can pack in my bag when I'm on the road as opposed to carrying another case like the samsonite ones.

Yes! One of the sporting goods stores in the "Active Zone" at Ayala Mall has an assortment of these "Travelsafes". I don't remember the name but there are only a couple so no problem finding it. Near the Globe outlet. I was just looking at these about a week ago.

Edited by easy44

jme

I agree with you. I also treat nickels like manhole covers but the OP has to recognize that he is in a foreign country and that his security is the most important thing. I encourage everyone to save money but not at the cost of safety. My advice would be to spend the $20.00 to $40.00 per day to stay in a nice and safe place where you can get a decent sleep and not have to worry about being robbed and/or killed in the middle of the night. The OP will have his hands full just dealing with the locals while walking down the street. I sure wouldn't want to have to do that also while I am also trying to get some peace and quite. I posted a link to Apple Tree Suites, which is very clean and quite for P998.00 per day. He will be hard pressed to find anyplace in Cebu City that will rival that place for the price. Believe me, I know since I have some serious OCD issues when it comes to accommodations in the Philippines.

that's good food for thought, maybe your right, I think I will check out some other hotels including the one you mentioned and what others have posted.

Yes! One of the sporting goods stores in the "Active Zone" at Ayala Mall has an assortment of these "Travelsafes". I don't remember the name but there are only a couple so no problem finding it. Near the Globe outlet. I was just looking at these about a week ago.

hey great to hear, I know the active zone so I will check it out, thanks!

Bob Ward

Oops, I did not read far enough and was warning that Sugbutel was a Hostel. Cheers

Edited by Bob Ward

Bob Ward

For goodness sake, how poor are we?

Pay your $25 to $30 for a secure comfortable nights sleep.

KonGC

Interestingly enough, a good friend and I were discussing this very type of thing on Friday. He, as well as I, have been through our ups and downs and we have lived on both sides of the fence, so to speak. But neither of us can figure out why some of those that have plenty of dosh will make fun or ridicule those that don't! Yes, I know, let's split the topic! LOL Cheers

jme

I stayed at the Allson, I was a bit disapointed really but I guess for 800 pesos I wasn't expecting too much. Everything was ok, the staff were helpful but not overly friendly, no problems there. The room was clean and tidy, no problems there except the basin in the bathroom was leaking at the pipe connected to the basin and each time I turned on the tap it ran all over the floor but worst of all it was blocked. The shower was a sprinkle and unusable so I had to use the tap and bucket method which I'm ok with.

That was not that bad and not a big issues but the real problem was the BED, it was the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept on in a hotel or pension house. It had these ugly pieces of material that I think were mean to be sheets and they barly covered the grubby and old thing that was supposed to be a bed, it reminded me of staying at my mates place after a party and getting the worse bed on the house along with a coffee table cloth or something for sheets :thats-funny: but you didn't care as you were so drunk, I can't really explain it but it was shocking to say the least. Otherwise the place was acceptable for 800 pesos but I would never stay there if I had to sleep on a bed like that again.

Edited by jme

easy44

I stayed at the Allson, I was a bit disapointed really but I guess for 800 pesos I wasn't expecting too much. Everything was ok, the staff were helpful but not overly friendly, no problems there. The room was clean and tidy, no problems there except the basin in the bathroom was leaking at the pipe connected to the basin and each time I turned on the tap it ran all over the floor but worst of all it was blocked. The shower was a sprinkle and unusable so I had to use the tap and bucket method which I'm ok with.

That was not that bad and not a big issues but the real problem was the BED, it was the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept on in a hotel or pension house. It had these ugly pieces of material that I think were mean to be sheets and they barly covered the grubby and old thing that was supposed to be a bed, it reminded me of staying at my mates place after a party and getting the worse bed on the house along with a coffee table cloth or something for sheets :rofl: but you didn't care as you were so drunk, I can't really explain it but it was shocking to say the least. Otherwise the place was acceptable for 800 pesos but I would never stay there if I had to sleep on a bed like that again.

That's like saying "the restaurant was ok except for the food!"