Sign in to follow this  
jme

Cebu City Accomodation Under 1000 peso per night

jme

I'm looking for a pension house or hotel in Cebu city that has the following features:

• Good Security with a safe in the room that will hold a laptop
  • under $1000 per night (the lower the better)

Actually that is the only requirements...

I have already stayed at the Diplomat and Stella so I don't want to stay at them places.

Jeepney

Allsonsinn I think the safe was big enoughscratch_head.gif depending on the size of your laptop.

Last year I paid 800 if I remember correctly, including a small breakfast.

But I must add they where extending the place, and I don't know if it is finished now.

jme

OK I will check that out thanks.... my laptop is quite wide as it's a wide screen 15" model

Paul
I have already stayed at the Diplomat and Stella so I don't want to stay at them places.

Can you tell us why, so we don't advise you to stay in a similar place?

Oh, I would imagine you would have a difficult time anywhere, finding a room that has a safe large enough to hold a laptop. Typical room safes just are large enough to hold a wallet, maybe some papers, watch, etc. I don't recall ever staying at a hotel here that had a safe large enough to secure a laptop, or even a netbook.

gallery_1_474_43770.jpg

Edited by Admin

Paul

Allsonsinn I think the safe was big enoughscratch_head.gif depending on the size of your laptop.

Last year I paid 800 if I remember correctly, including a small breakfast.

But I must add they where extending the place, and I don't know if it is finished now.

This the place you talkin' about, Piet? If so, to the OP, here is their contact information:

gallery_1_436_1577.jpg

jme

I don't want to stay at these hotels only for the reason that I have already stayed there. Out of the 2 the Stella was the better but 200 pesos more expensive as it's nearly brand new and so clean and nice but there is no safety box there. That hotel is better than ones I have paid 3000 per night at. The staff are so friendly there as well but the Diplomat also have friendly staff but they also have some that look over worked. The hotel is not very clean though as there is a lot of grime and dirt in the showers etc from age and not been cleaned properly. But the location was good and the hotel is great for the price especially on the top floor as its the same price as the lower floors that are not as nice.

thanks for the contact info for this other hotel, I will check it out.

jme

as for the security box, yes your right, I did find one hotel that would fit it,that was Castle peak... but I guess as long as it holds my passport and a few things, the place is secure then locking my bag with it has been ok so far.

KennyF

You could try Kiwi Lodge in Mabolo. Right between Ayala and SM, 60 pesos taxi to the night life.

Prop is a nice Kiwi guy Dick and his wife of 30 years Geng.

He has a large safe in his locked office.

He will put your laptop in a bag, seal the bag, you sign the seal then he puts it in his safe as you watch.

I've stayed there dozens of times and I swear he has the best staff in RP.

They have an easy to find web site

KonGC

Jeepney

Yep, that is it Paul!

I stayed there for a few days last year or the year before,

and it was ok for that money.

I may be mistaking about a safe in the room, for I stayed in many hotels in Cebu.

But normally, if I travel with my laptop, I don't stay in places without one,

and most of the time my laptop is at a angle in them!

Paul

You could try Kiwi Lodge in Mabolo. Right between Ayala and SM, 60 pesos taxi to the night life.

Prop is a nice Kiwi guy Dick and his wife of 30 years Geng.

He has a large safe in his locked office.

He will put your laptop in a bag, seal the bag, you sign the seal then he puts it in his safe as you watch.

I've stayed there dozens of times and I swear he has the best staff in RP.

They have an easy to find web site

KonGC

But, he doesn't have a chance in hell of getting a room for under Php 1,000 there.

Headshot

I'm looking for a pension house or hotel in Cebu city that has the following features:

razorbackhog

But, he doesn't have a chance in hell of getting a room for under Php 1,000 there.

I tried to book there for forty nights and with their supposed discount it wasn't even 1000.

KennyF

Yes, you're right. I think 1,300 is more like it.

Still, that's less than $30:00

When I'm on the road I don't mind a few bucks extra if I get what I want.

One of the main attractions for me is the diversity of people in the bar/restaurant down stairs.

Another is the great security.

KonGC

Edited by KennyF

TheDuke

Appletree Suites has a standard room with one double bed for P 998.00 per night. http://www.appletreesuitescebu.com/index.html It's clean and has a nice open air restaurant on the roof. It's behind Osmena Circle on J. Llorente Street. We stayed there for two weeks the last time we visited and for the price it can't be beat. As for a safe, I would not know but I used one of these to safeguard my money, laptop and passports. http://www.corporatetravelsafety.com/catalog/portable-travelsafe-p-967.html

loosehead

Yes, you're right. I think 1,300 is more like it.

Still, that's less than $30:00

When I'm on the road I don't mind a few bucks extra if I get what I want.

One of the main attractions for me is the diversity of people in the bar/restaurant down stairs.

Another is the great security.

KonGC

Yeah but it's grubby, built with the cheapest construction and fittings and poorly maintained. 1300 for the dirty old rooms so you are paying a 600 peso a day premium for the good service and food.