Sign in to follow this  
the.lone.gunman

toshiba laptop repair

the.lone.gunman

I bought a new toshiba laptop in canada 3 months ago and now the keyboard needs to be replaced i think. Is there anyone in cebu city who repairs toshiba ? It is still on warranty but i don't really care about that as long as i can get it fixed properly for a reasonable price.

Paul

Tricom Dynamics, Inc.

Machay Building, 30 Gorordo Avenue, Cebu City

Tel: (32) 231-5117, (32) 233-7785, (32) 232-6391

Fax: (32) 231-0681

http://www.tricom.com.ph/

Edited by Admin

the.lone.gunman

Tricom Dynamics, Inc.

Machay Building, 30 Gorordo Avenue, Cebu City

Tel: (32) 231-5117, (32) 233-7785, (32) 232-6391

Fax: (32) 231-0681

http://www.tricom.com.ph/

e

I took the Toshiba laptop to Tricom and they charged me 800p to tell me what i already knew. It needs a new keyboard . The closest keyboard is in Singapore and it will take 60 to 90 days to get it shipped here. I said ok, but they said that I have to order it myself and they will install it for me. WTF ? Does anyone know of a good computer repair shop where I can drop it off and get it fixed without any major hassles or should i just fed ex the phuckin' thing back to Canada and have it fixed there?

Davolives

e

I took the Toshiba laptop to Tricom and they charged me 800p to tell me what i already knew. It needs a new keyboard . The closest keyboard is in Singapore and it will take 60 to 90 days to get it shipped here. I said ok, but they said that I have to order it myself and they will install it for me. WTF ? Does anyone know of a good computer repair shop where I can drop it off and get it fixed without any major hassles or should i just fed ex the phuckin' thing back to Canada and have it fixed there?

I am going to Vancouver on Aug 10 . I have to fly to Cebu about 6 pm on the 10th and wait at the airport until about 11 pm. If you want me to take it to Vancouver and take it to the warranty place i will. I usually take my laptop with me but if they get yours fixed in vancouver quickly so that i have yours to use it makes no difference to me.

I return on sept 11 into cebu and dont fly out to davao until about 9 am the next morning.

DeezNuz

See..we always say that Laptops and Adult Websites do not mix.

P800 was the cleaning fee they charged before they found out you have sticky keys.

Kidding aside...aren't they able to just get the replacement keyboard air expedited for you then have someone else install it? It's not hard to replace a laptops keyboard.

USMC-Retired

The problem with laptops is always parts. You can just order the laptop keyboard or use an external. Depending on the age of the laptop. E mall has several laptop repair centers that have extra used parts.

In the mean time use an external usb keyboard. You really are SOL for getting a keyboard here. You can order it and wait.

Davolives

See..we always say that Laptops and Adult Websites do not mix.

P800 was the cleaning fee they charged before they found out you have sticky keys.

Kidding aside...aren't they able to just get the replacement keyboard air expedited for you then have someone else install it? It's not hard to replace a laptops keyboard.

if you want to wait until i get back you can get the replacement keyboard sent to my address in vancouver [ actually burnaby] and i will bring it back with me. Unfortunately i dont think they will replace it under warranty w/o inspecting the laptop

sunnyside_up

the computer is onoy 3 months old and the keboard broke? If so i will nver by a toshiba laptop. sorry for ur luck. I would try to find the toshiba office here and use ur warranty.

ancienrocka

the computer is onoy 3 months old and the keboard broke? If so i will nver by a toshiba laptop. sorry for ur luck. I would try to find the toshiba office here and use ur warranty.

There is a Toshiba store in SM in the Cyberzone.

I bought an HP computer in Australia before I can here and HP in SM honoured the warranty without fuss.

the.lone.gunman

e

update

UPDATE

I took my laptop to a small hole in the wall place at E-mall called Techshop Computer Sales and Repair on the third floor. They told me to come back the next day and they had installed a new keyboard for only 2800p. I was inpressed. Thanks to Norseman for pointing me in the direction.

USMC-Retired

Emall is an excellent place to find those mismatch hard computer parts. They seem to have some direct links with many importers. I have found many a strange items there.

Example I needed a IDE ribbon cable with 4 IDE slots. No luck. However I asked the next day they had one for me. (probally made it) :D