ron100

where to stay in camotes island

ron100

hi, any one know a place to stay on camotes island say for under 1000pso

cheers

MOG

Well for 1000 Peso you can stay Santiago Bay Resort it is nice. has a pool too

johnormoc

There are 2 pensions in Poro that aren't bad. As you exit the pier, hang a left and go about 100 meters. There is a Sunset Pension House and Biz Z Pension House, both on the left hand side of the road.. I like Sunset a little more. Both are about 500-600 pesos a night for a regular room with a fan. I think an aircon room is about P900 but don't quote me on that. There isn't much in Poro though but if you rent or bring a motorbike over then you can get around easy to the more known areas like San Francisco and Esperanza. There is a new motorbike rental place in Poro across from the Sunset Pension.

The Golden Express Fast Craft home ports in Poro. I think the boat leaves Cebu around 5:30 PM and arrives in Poro approx 7:15 PM.

Topper

A nice place I stayed at was Sunset Bay Camotes for around 800 a day. It is located by some local fishing villages and for 10 pesos you can get a boat ride to a nearby island. Michael, the owner, and his wife run the place and will go out of their way to make you welcome. You will have to find transportation to the place from the pier, about 150 - 200 pesos per person. Bring your clothes in a back pack, since a motor cycle is the main form of transportation there.

You can call them directly +63 929 890 7802 or +63 918 575 2638

Take a V-hire (from SM city) to Danao City from Cebu. (50 pesos) Catch the ferry (Danao-Consuelo, Jomalia Shipping Corp.) 9am departure and it arrives about 2 hours later for a cost of 180 pesos.

Once you get over there, you can ask around for other places to stay.

Nangulo

On San Francisco, the Sunset Bay Beach Resort was 800 pesos when I was there in June 2010. N10 42.216 E124 18.99

Also are Santiago Bay Garden and Resort and the Bellavista Beach Resort on Santiago Bay. N10 35.407 E124 18.267

Mangodlong Resort. N10 36.851 E124 17.322

On Poro, you have Camotes Seaview Pension House in the town of Poro, itself. N10 37.675 E124 24.539

Close to that is the Fer An Beach Resort. N10 37.652 E124 25.834

There's the RN Beach Resort in Puerto Bello for 500 pesos a night. N10 41.060 E124 29.778

My Little Island Hotel. N10 41.832 E124 25.197

udonthani

Well for 1000 Peso you can stay Santiago Bay Resort it is nice. has a pool too

I was at Santiago earlier this year and I understood they'd now gotten rid of all the fan rooms, where yes you could get one for 1000. The cheapest room there is now apparently 1800.

Sunset bay, in Esepranza baringay, west side of the island, closer to Consuelo port (ex Danao) than Poro (ex Cebu), is a nice enough resort with fan rooms for 800, they do free pick up from the ferry terminal too. Sunset bay is British owned and they do have a website (ancient rocka on this forum did it for the owner) but I'm having trouble finding it on google. I have the owners phone number if you want to PM me for it if you want a pick up. No need to make a reservation.

fanboat

good info,

one question.....are there good sites to shorkel dive?:coffee:

udonthani

I asked about this at Santiago a couple of years ago, they said there was coral but you have to go on an organized boat trip. I may be wrong but I don't think there's any reachable off the beach in the Camotes.

ancienrocka

I was at Santiago earlier this year and I understood they'd now gotten rid of all the fan rooms, where yes you could get one for 1000. The cheapest room there is now apparently 1800.

Sunset bay, in Esepranza baringay, west side of the island, closer to Consuelo port (ex Danao) than Poro (ex Cebu), is a nice enough resort with fan rooms for 800, they do free pick up from the ferry terminal too. Sunset bay is British owned and they do have a website (ancient rocka on this forum did it for the owner) but I'm having trouble finding it on google. I have the owners phone number if you want to PM me for it if you want a pick up. No need to make a reservation.

I did do a web site for them last year but they didn't pay the renewal fee for hosting - despite me reminding them several times - so I think the site has lapsed.

As everyone says, it is a good value and welcoming place to stay. I have attached a couple of photos.

post-3536-0-20860200-1308872052_thumb.jpg

post-3536-0-72246600-1308872068_thumb.jpg