Budget for Visa Interview

fanboat

Maybe one of you guys could post a picture of the Miramar hotel for me and rates?

thanks

fanboat

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fanboat

• FLYNT

• smokey

• wingandprayer

smokey

Maybe one of you guys could post a picture of the Miramar hotel for me and rates?

thanks

fanboat

fan if she is close to the embassy she can walk and save lots on taxi....

wingandprayer

One question for members here,What is the round trip airfare costing from cebu to manila?

Contact number?

Just look it up online or find a respectable travel service / agent. The key to getting a better price, of course, is to plan as far ahead as possible.

wingandprayer

Could you break down the costs for the fees charged by the embassy? Airfare, food and hotel will cost a pretty penny, but the "other" things can bite us in the ass if we're not prepared. Not long ago I found myself sending money to a friend and his wife who were in dire straights at the embassy because of the unknown charges. If I hadn't been able to help him and his wife out, it would have been a wasted trip and a lot of pesos down the drain. It surprised me because he's generally quite a stickler for detail.

Maybe I'll have to wait until after you return for this info.

I've said this before though, ask 10 different people about there experience getting a visa for their spouse and you'll hear 20 different stories. Still, I like to try to stay somewhat informed on the different scenarios I may encounter when I get serious about going through the frustrations involved.

fanboat

fan if she is close to the embassy she can walk and save lots on taxi....

Yes good idea smokey,

II see that the Mira hotel is just across from the morning line up at the embassy.

Yesterday gigi was going to call and reserve a room/but she could not find a load for her cell phone...all systems were down?

Last trip gigi took her room mate lovenia with her for the st.lukes extension medical and they picked out a flea bag pension house just near st lukes.the place cost 1500 and you had to share the CR,she and lovenia complained the smell of the building was really bad.

This time I insisted that gigi pick the miramar...2 reasons 1 security i.e. no walking around and 2 by the looks of the place/it should smell O.K.

One question...if I decide to be a cheap JOE and ask gigi to take her luggage to the interview with her....is there a storage locker at the embassy?she would need this if she only stays 1 night in the hotel.

fanboat

Could you break down the costs for the fees charged by the embassy? Airfare, food and hotel will cost a pretty penny, but the "other" things can bite us in the ass if we're not prepared. Not long ago I found myself sending money to a friend and his wife who were in dire straights at the embassy because of the unknown charges. If I hadn't been able to help him and his wife out, it would have been a wasted trip and a lot of pesos down the drain. It surprised me because he's generally quite a stickler for detail.

Maybe I'll have to wait until after you return for this info.

I've said this before though, ask 10 different people about there experience getting a visa for their spouse and you'll hear 20 different stories. Still, I like to try to stay somewhat informed on the different scenarios I may encounter when I get serious about going through the frustrations involved.

Ok Wing,

when all is said and done I will post a break down here

It will include a time frame too At the moment the cost(what I have sent for 2 trips & all fees) p50400

This is on the Philippine end only

fanboat

if you are in the states,buying tickets will be difficult as they will want to tax it/them.they being the Phil.gov't..They are relentless in their taxation of ex-pats and families.if you are behind a VPN and have a Phil.credit card,better...if you can pay cash in the the phils. to buy the tix that is the best

We plan to purchase alrline tickets locally with cash.gigi was shopping prices yesterday and found p2000 one way?and said this was to much.next price was 1500

there are promo rates too if you book flights early some as low as p900?

Edited by Admin
Fixed quotes - Paul
smokey

Yes good idea smokey,

II see that the Mira hotel is just across from the morning line up at the embassy.

Yesterday gigi was going to call and reserve a room/but she could not find a load for her cell phone...all systems were down?

Last trip gigi took her room mate lovenia with her for the st.lukes extension medical and they picked out a flea bag pension house just near st lukes.the place cost 1500 and you had to share the CR,she and lovenia complained the smell of the building was really bad.

This time I insisted that gigi pick the miramar...2 reasons 1 security i.e. no walking around and 2 by the looks of the place/it should smell O.K.

One question...if I decide to be a cheap JOE and ask gigi to take her luggage to the interview with her....is there a storage locker at the embassy?she would need this if she only stays 1 night in the hotel.

no storage of any kind maybe the hotel will .....

• Admin (Retired)
Aerosick

no storage of any kind maybe the hotel will .....

Gotta leave her cell phone outside somewhere also...

Billy

George45

My lady just got her letter for her interview.

My Question is a little OT. where dose she get her medical exam

amd do they give the vaccinations there at what cost?

The Medical Exam will be at St. Luke's in Manila. It is on a first-come first-serve basis, but get their early....really early.

The cost is $213 U.S., paid upon arrival. This will include everything from X-ray to immunization shots.

For more info check VisaJourney.com then type in "Medical Exam Manila" in the search box.

There is a very nice and detailed step-by-step review of a lady that was nice enough to list her experience there.

The exam is day one, and the immunizations are on day 2.

I hope this helps, FLYNT

fanboat

The Medical Exam will be at St. Luke's in Manila. It is on a first-come first-serve basis, but get their early....really early.

The cost is $213 U.S., paid upon arrival. This will include everything from X-ray to immunization shots.

For more info check VisaJourney.com then type in "Medical Exam Manila" in the search box.

There is a very nice and detailed step-by-step review of a lady that was nice enough to list her experience there.

The exam is day one, and the immunizations are on day 2.

I hope this helps, FLYNT

Yes thats the right figure

gigi was in line @ 4:30am

also a site with tales of the medical are seen on asawa......some info will scare you pretty good...if she fails she may have to live in manila for 6 months so the clinic can issue a pill aday to her.

Hey Paul,

I sent David a PM...asking for some details on Miramar hotel....can you grab the reply from David and put the info in here for me?

28k seems alot to me. Why not fly early in the morning and come back late in the evening? So she will just be paying her visa fee, lunch, taxi and airplane tickets.

fanboat

28k seems alot to me. Why not fly early in the morning and come back late in the evening? So she will just be paying her visa fee, lunch, taxi and airplane tickets.

It's a stressful experience,and IMO I want to take our time and be rested and some what relaxed,but I'll bet sleep will be hard the night before the most important interview of your life!

worth every penny of 100 bucks!

fanboat

Breaking News,

Gigi tried to book Miramar today

to the avail cell phone & landline number................no answer?