Budget for Visa Interview

fanboat

June 14th 2011 my fiancee will be leaving cebu heading to manila for the K1 Interview.

Here's a list of the paper work she will take with her.

1.2 ds-156 & 2 ds157...1 ds-156k

2. appointment letter(and a copy)

3.1 valid I.D.

4.certified Birth certificate,NBI,I-134,pictures together,last time together,how we met,how long did we stay together,

5. pay delbos delivery fee(p250)

stay at Miramar hotel,check appoint time,arrive 2 hours early,they will ask when marriage is planned,

total budget....airfare for 2..2 nights hotel...food & travel............p28000

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fanboat

• FLYNT

• smokey

• broden

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim Sibbick

Fair enough!

This may not suit your situation but it has worked for my ex wife, her sisters and cousins.

They all lived in Manila while processing.

They have relatives of course to stay with which helps but one of my ex brother in laws rented a studio apartment for him and the missus for P1000 per month (8 years ago) to stay in while processing. It worked out well for him. At the time anyway. Complete waste of time in the end as they are divorced now.

Regards: Jim

fanboat

One question for members here,What is the round trip airfare costing from cebu to manila?

Contact number?

fanboat

I think p8000 will buy 2 round trip tickets.

Just last week booked two round trip tickets on-line with Cebu-Air to Manila from Cebu.

The cost was $268 U.S.

I found it convinient to book and pay for the flight on-line while still here in the states.

My Fiance's Aunt will be traveling with her to Manila.

They are actually there right now as I type this.

Another note: I booked them at Casa Bodobo and I also booked this on-line, and securily paid for it using PayPal.

Check out the hotels website, nice photos and the location is very close to St. Luke's and the U.S. Embassy.

Good Luck !!!

FLYNT

redman69

1.2 ds-156 & 2 ds157...1 ds-156k

Fanboat, am waiting now for the answer from Vermont on the !-129. have left her with the 1-134. Do not know what the above three things stand for. Could you explain? Thanks RED

Form DS-156 is the U.S. Department of State Non-Immigrant Visa Application.

I think the #2 in front means that you need two copies of it.

Form DS-157 is the U.S. Department of State Supplemental Non-Immigrant Visa Application.

Form DS-156K is the U.S. Department of State Non-Immigrant Fiancee Visa Application.

You can find good information on VisaJourney.com

I hope this helps,

FLYNT

larry1969

If you don't have your tickets yet, Cebu Pacific has some great deals now. Mid-week round trip for two P5400-6400 depending on how much luggage you have. I know I spent a lot more than that last time.

SkyMan

I think there must be more to this than just the interview? I took my wife to Manila for her B-2 interview. We flew up in the AM and were home for dinner. No hotels. Would have sent her by herself if I'd known they wouldn't let me in. But we did see Avatar 3D at the IMAX in Mall of Asia so that was something.

fanboat

If you don't have your tickets yet, Cebu Pacific has some great deals now. Mid-week round trip for two P5400-6400 depending on how much luggage you have. I know I spent a lot more than that last time.

Thats good news,

I remember when in cebu I would read the newspaer to find good rates.

gigi will be flying on june 13th...so I will report the amount she ended up paying for 2 tickets.

anything under 7000 would be nice

the reason we selected Miramar hotel is because it is just across from the embassy...published rates on the internet were $37 dollars a night...will report the cost soon.

fanboat

I think there must be more to this than just the interview? I took my wife to Manila for her B-2 interview. We flew up in the AM and were home for dinner. No hotels. Would have sent her by herself if I'd known they wouldn't let me in. But we did see Avatar 3D at the IMAX in Mall of Asia so that was something.

but the appointment time is @ 6:30 am....so I think gigi will need a room.guess she could fly home the same day tho?and just stay one night in the city

Turbota

but the appointment time is @ 6:30 am....so I think gigi will need a room.guess she could fly home the same day tho?and just stay one night in the city

Eric,

My wife told me that your in the US now. She saw Gigi up in Manila and talked to her. I guess Gigi was getting ready to leave for Cebu that day.

You can send me a PM with the details.

BTW ... Me and Ann are going to the US on 22 Jun. She now has her IR-1 Immigrant Visa.

We will be living in Florida (gulf west coast side)

Ron,

fanboat

Eric,

My wife told me that your in the US now. She saw Gigi up in Manila and talked to her. I guess Gigi was getting ready to leave for Cebu that day.

You can send me a PM with the details.

BTW ... Me and Ann are going to the US on 22 Jun. She now has her IR-1 Immigrant Visa.

We will be living in Florida (gulf west coast side)

Ron,

Yeah,

gigi said she saw you and your wife and congradulations on the move to Florida.

The Visa process you submitted was excellant information and will be usefull to many people searching for good info on the internet.

Gigi and I will be living just north of San Diego california and about a 2 hour drive to the Pacific Ocean,we live in a small town up in the hills with plenty of space to do some farming which is my honey's specialty being that her family are mountain people who have a farm on the island Negros.been in her family many years,was large at one time until relatives sold out large portions of it to live in the city.

hope to meet up one day with you Ron

erik

BANGKOKBOZO

if you are in the states,buying tickets will be difficult as they will want to tax it/them.they being the Phil.gov't..They are relentless in their taxation of ex-pats and families.if you are behind a VPN and have a Phil.credit card,better...if you can pay cash in the the phils. to buy the tix that is the best idea.

smokey

come on 4000 round trip PAL i would stay at the cherry blossom close to luke and the embassy and robinsons.. single room 1500 a night taxi from airport to cherry blossom yellow cab is 500