Top Posters In This Topic

• ThePhils

• Mike S

• tom_shor

• kingfisher

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

mrphyjammusashi

I lived in CDO for two years, and carried a Camilus Lev-R-Loc everywhere I went--a surgeon could operate with this knife. In addition, I kept a collaspeable baton--available from almost any department store in the Philippines, as are switchblades--in the front pocket of my knapsack, thus making the knapsack, when worn with both straps over your domanant shoulder, an instantly available weapon with a wallop, without ever needing to show the baton ... i.e., the old lady with a brick in her purse. And by the way, a couple rocks in a knapsack makes a great weapon, and is perfectly legal, for you would be a rock collector accousted by a thug. When I was in the Philippines I had three different times bolos pulled on me, and it is amazing how someone, even someone with a bolo, will choose not to fight when you show your own blade and a willingness to fight. And remember, never run from a bolo, always step inside it's reach, even if you are weaponless. The advice given by the gentleman above about contacting the police immediately after an incident is very good advice, and I mean right to the station and get their first, and they will be on your side.

A_Simple_Man
do some home work, try the thing on yourself and see how well it immobilizes you!

Here is an anecdote from another forum about a guy who did exactly that:

http://forums.mightymustangs.net/index.php?showtopic=21066

"Note: If you ever feel compelled to 'mug' yourself with a (100,000 volt pocket/'purse-sized tazer), one note of caution: there is no such thing as a one second burst when you zap Yourself!!!!!! You will not let go of that thing until it is dislodged from your hand, by a violent thrashing about on the floor. A three second burst would be considered conservative."

Here is an anecdote from another forum about a guy who did exactly that:

http://forums.mightymustangs.net/index.php?showtopic=21066

"Note: If you ever feel compelled to 'mug' yourself with a (100,000 volt pocket/'purse-sized tazer), one note of caution: there is no such thing as a one second burst when you zap Yourself!!!!!! You will not let go of that thing until it is dislodged from your hand, by a violent thrashing about on the floor. A three second burst would be considered conservative."

That

Edited by ThePhils
  • 2 months later...
Balintawak
Might be good to couple it with the study of "arnis". Cacoy Canete once trained the New York

police force.

It's also a good exercise.

http://www.cacoydocepares.com/history.html

I second that, One of my main reasons to go to Cebu is tp practice DC with Master Val and GM Diony, and also GM Elizar of Balintawak, which is a one-stick fighting system ( good for practicing your batong skills).

BTW : Their HQ is just 5 minutes by jeepney from Ayala center.

If someone wants I can teach from scratch with baston (stick) and knife) regular, free of charge of course and for fun :)

Im not an expert, just a novice still B)

Ps, The Filipino style I practice here is a multi style - Kali sikaran

and as said here : if you have a weapon and don't know how to use it, It will in most cases be used against you.

If I would be attacked by someone with a batong, my chances would be higher to be able to avoid hits or even disarm him fast, then use his own weapon on him :D Or just get in close after first strikes and push away, then run the opposite way. If you turn your back to the attacker to early, you can be sure he will hit you or knife you in the back.

If attacked with knife and he intends to use his weapon, now this is a different scenario, you will be cut, but the outcome might be better than if you have no basic knowledge. small things like having the right stance might protect you for being cut in vital places.

If I am alone and get mugged, id give my money and walk. If my girl is with me, then its not only my security I have to think about. Outcome might be different. You need more than 10 meters distance to be able to run away from a knife, without it cutting you in the back, if the "knife" starts chasing you, no joke. (in general). This also goes for trying to grab your pistol or batong and be able to aim or strike.

I know this has nothing to do with stun guns. just felt like sharing.

Id prefer a good rattan stick or asp + a knife or cane. I have 2 hands working ;)

I guess I went a little out of the thread, just sharing.

Andy