Stun Gun

Bob I agree with some of what you say ..... a stun gun is a devise that one must get close to your attacker and with more than one it is not much use and as I understand that a person my size is never attacked by one Filipino but rather by a bunch of them ..... my choice of protection is a well built baton for a number of reasons ...... it can be used on more than one opponent ....... it very rarely invokes death ....... it is not illegal to own ...... and it doesn't take years to learn to use and use it well ..... it can be used both defenently as well as offensively ....... now on a one to one I am not concerned unless he has a gun or knife ...... a gun I am concerned but a knife and me with a baton I will challenge unless it is a bolo .... hahahahha ..... then I put on my track shoes ...... not into Zorro encounters ..... a stun gun is great for women as most of their attackers try and grab them and usually not in packs .....

Anyway it never hurts to be prepared .... you may never have to use it but it will be there in case you do ..... like insurance ... .you hope you never have to use it ...but you have it ...... IMHO

Cold

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ThePhils

• Mike S

• tom_shor

• kingfisher

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bought this little beauty in the US a month ago.... 975 000 volts !!! :):D driven by 3 lithium batteries.

Stungun975kvolts102.jpg

Stungun975kvolts101.jpg

Haven

Bought this little beauty in the US a month ago.... 975 000 volts !!! :):D driven by 3 lithium batteries.

Stungun975kvolts102.jpg

Stungun975kvolts101.jpg

Haven

Well the fact is someone else posted that joke first. But it is funny in a painful kinda way.

meanwhile back to the serious task in hand, protection and safety. I am currently using a marking spray in the Uk for work and its pretty dammed good fun, has an effective range of 20 metres, makes them glow like a bright yellow thing and so easy for the Police to locate. It has a DNA marker and can be traced back to the can if they claim to have painted themselves. Legal as its none lethal, comes off within four days of hard scrubbing. Great things as the intruder thinks he is getting s dose of Cs or pepper, it gives you time to back off to safety and still ensure the offender gets a rough few days or better still sees themselves being picked up for the offence

good to see you posting again Crewsafe long time no contact, hows the farming

James

If all else fails give them a zap with your tazzer

Edited by james
tom_shor
Bought this little beauty in the US a month ago.... 975 000 volts !!! :biggrin_01::shocked: driven by 3 lithium batteries.

Stungun975kvolts102.jpg

Stungun975kvolts101.jpg

Haven

tom_shor

Very interesting. Pretty reasonable price too. I liked the one someone had that looked like a cell phone. I might get me one of these.

Bought this little beauty in the US a month ago.... 975 000 volts !!! :thumbsup::dreams: driven by 3 lithium batteries.

Stungun975kvolts102.jpg

Stungun975kvolts101.jpg

Haven

Oh, a nother thing..... If anyone is considering ordering the above stungun or any stungun using lithium batteries u might want to consider ordering extra batteries at the same time. I don

tom_shor

Ok thanks. I'll check it out. I'm in Phoenix now so I'll check the prices of batteries here.

You know, I can honestly say that the only confrontation that I have ever had here in my 26 month stay was with a TEDMAN officer well over a year ago. I was driving along and the traffic came to a dead stop with me stuck in the middle of an intersection along with like two other cars. To be safe, rather than blocking traffic, I pulled over to the side of the left lane to get out of traffic when a midget walked up to me calling me a "stupid kano" and telling me "we don't want you here" he proceeded to write me a ticket for running a red light which actually turned red like 2 minutes before I even pulled to the side. I laughed as he wrote the ticket, told him that tomorrow he would be searching for a new job for racial slander and crumpled up the ticket to place in my cowboy cut jeans.

He got really pissed off then... not for the fact that I was laughing, but because I crumpled up his worthless ticket... oh and because at the time I was still driving legally under my US license and refused to give that or my passport to him. He was trying to be all big and bad waving his finger around and threatening to call his supervisor, meanwhile I kept telling him to call his supervisor (my next door neighbor and VP of the neighborhood association ELECOM... I was the top dog :rolleyes: ) Anyway, it got so bad that two fresh PNP recruits walked up wanting to see what all the commotion was about (probably wanted to see me body slam the guy into the curb). Anyway, after about an hour, the TEDMAN officer looses his voice and walks away...

I WIN!!!

The next morning I filed a complaint over his racial comments, my ticket was ripped up and he was fired immediately.

thats about it. I am by means not small at all, while I am not fat, I do weigh 220 pounds :rolleyes: I am good at raising my voice and even made a girl working at Mc Donalds cry once.

I don't think I will need any weapons for self defense. Never have before. Last fight I was ever in was back in 7th grade which was..... 1993

Usually I have no problems though... it seems I have to deal with more problems when dealing with other expats then I have ever had to with Filipinos.

-Nick

tom_shor

I have very few problems in all my years traveling to the Philippines but I know one thing for sure if it ever comes to physical confrontation it is very rarely one on one. Even if it starts out that way. So if trouble comes it is better to disable him quickly and expedite out of there before more show up. Remember we all look alike. :wacko:

• 1 month later...
KeithAngel

Hi fellars anyone know a place for these in the Phils as we guys from the UK dont have access or do any of you have a supply I would love to get one for my G/F for her after dark rides home when Im not around Im arriving on the end of September and hopefully staying out at Liloan for the first month

Hi fellars anyone know a place for these in the Phils as we guys from the UK dont have access or do any of you have a supply I would love to get one for my G/F for her after dark rides home when Im not around Im arriving on the end of September and hopefully staying out at Liloan for the first month

Hi Keith, I haven't seen any stun guns for sale here in Cebu [ that doesn't mean that there not available] however you can buy the Pepper sprays of differing strengths from most Hardware stores such as Ace, Handyman etc

John