Stun Gun

I was wondering if stun guns are available and legal in the Phils? I think that could be quite a useful piece for self-defense. What say you, honorable lords of the panel? :thumbsup:

I'm sure crewsafe would probably have some useful info about this.

Well, i

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ThePhils

• Mike S

• tom_shor

• kingfisher

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

tom_shor
Well, i
How much do those run?

I bought several of these (stunguns) & got them for Php 500 each.

"What does a shock with this little stungun feel like? well, it

post-4-1184681393_thumb.jpg

tom_shor
Mike !

Oh, i LOVE that cell phone stun gun :mad_01: . I was

Well if I remember correctly you just point the phone at him and when he goes to take it from your hand grab his so he can't get away and press the button ....... can you say ...OUCH ..... the electrodes are in the top end of the phone facing your would-be robber ......... course next time he will ask someone to put the damn phone on the ground before he takes it ....hahahahahahahaha

PS ...... I just ordered one ........ hahahahahha ..... any volunteers to try it on to see if it will work?????? ....... hummmmmmm .... I thought not ........ Cap'en ...... oh Cap'en ....... where are you??????? ... I have a nice surprise for you ........ :thumbsup::mad_01::crack-up::welcome: ...... I want to show you my nice new..shiny ... cell phone ......... you say you want to borrow it?????? ....... sure thing .... here it is .... don't worry about the little crackling sound it makes ..... just a little static electricity ........ hahahahahaha

• Admin (Retired)
Aerosick

Does it have a remote control to use after it's snatched??? After climbing poles for 45.6 years, I'm now immune to hi-voltage...

:thumbsup:

Billy

PS ...... I just ordered one ........ hahahahahha ..... any volunteers to try it on to see if it will work?????? ....... hummmmmmm .... I thought not ........ Cap'en ...... oh Cap'en ....... where are you??????? ... I have a nice surprise for you ........ :mad_01::crack-up::welcome::why-me: ...... I want to show you my nice new..shiny ... cell phone ......... you say you want to borrow it?????? ....... sure thing .... here it is .... don't worry about the little crackling sound it makes ..... just a little static electricity ........ hahahahahaha
tom_shor
Does it have a remote control to use after it's snatched??? After climbing poles for 45.6 years, I'm now immune to hi-voltage...

:sad_01:

Billy

Maybe you can just shake hands with him :lmao:

CaptainJackson
Maybe you can just shake hands with him :lmao:

HA ha ha ha,

Great visual.

Billy goes to shake Mike's hand, and Z A P, a bolt of lightning shoots from Billie's hand into Mike's. :lmao::sad_01:

Paul

This is the first time I have read this thread.

I have had one incident, some time ago now, where two young Filipinos attempted to rob me at gun point. At that time, I was pretty pissed off and was going to buy a gun for my (then) wife. However, after thinking it over later, I determined there was no real need for a gun. In fact, I have yet to ever feel so unsafe in this country, that I would need any sort of a weapon.

In the few incidents I have even encountered with foreigners, EVERY single time, the foreigner has backed down. Why this has been, I have no idea. Usually, it involved a foreigner who was spreading negative lies and slander about me, so maybe they figured they were in the wrong and decided it wasn't worth it? Who knows?

Now, I am no bad ass by any means, and I am quite sure there are those who could whip mine easily enough. But, I will never back down from a confrontation, ever. Incidentally, if someone is going to attack me, or threaten harm to me or mine, I will react accordingly to protect them and myself. But, I do not see a reason to have to carry personal protection in this country.

Bob Ward

Bukawali and I were discussing this thread yesterday ove a beer or two or three. Who's counting anyway? Here is a synopsys of our mutual opinions. As he has stated, Bukawali has extensive experience in many countries around the world that make the Phils look like Disney Land.

First, there is the legal matter, it's a weapon and you could well be the one prosecuted.

Second, in most cases the stun gun is an offensive weapon, not a defensive one. You have to get too close to the attacker and that is dangerous! When the attacker has a gun, you will just be the one being stunned or shot, or both. If there are two attackers, and many times there are, whatcha gonna do then? Any weapon in the hands of an untrained person is much more dangerous to that person than to the attacker.

My $.02

Pepper spray for distance, big mouth for yelling and fast feet!!!

Bob I agree with some of what you say ..... a stun gun is a devise that one must get close to your attacker and with more than one it is not much use and as I understand that a person my size is never attacked by one Filipino but rather by a bunch of them ..... my choice of protection is a well built baton for a number of reasons ...... it can be used on more than one opponent ....... it very rarely invokes death ....... it is not illegal to own ...... and it doesn't take years to learn to use and use it well ..... it can be used both defenently as well as offensively ....... now on a one to one I am not concerned unless he has a gun or knife ...... a gun I am concerned but a knife and me with a baton I will challenge unless it is a bolo .... hahahahha ..... then I put on my track shoes ...... not into Zorro encounters ..... a stun gun is great for women as most of their attackers try and grab them and usually not in packs .....

Anyway it never hurts to be prepared .... you may never have to use it but it will be there in case you do ..... like insurance ... .you hope you never have to use it ...but you have it ...... IMHO

Bet_Busta
..... my choice of protection is a well built baton for a number of reasons ...... it can be used on more than one opponent ....... it very rarely invokes death ....... it is not illegal to own ...... and it doesn't take years to learn to use and use it well ..... it can be used both defenently as well as offensively .......

Might be good to couple it with the study of "arnis". Cacoy Canete once trained the New York

police force.

It's also a good exercise.

http://www.cacoydocepares.com/history.html