Stun Gun

kingfisher

I was wondering if stun guns are available and legal in the Phils? I think that could be quite a useful piece for self-defense. What say you, honorable lords of the panel? :crack-up:

I'm sure crewsafe would probably have some useful info about this.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ThePhils

• tom_shor

• Mike S

• kingfisher

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

CaptainJackson

As to the legality and availability I don't know.

But your question put a smile on my face, as I could just see the look on a "would be" robbers face when he is on the ground flopping like a fish out of water, and a co-conspirator of his looking on in horror........ :crack-up:

kingfisher
As to the legality and availability I don't know.

But your question put a smile on my face, as I could just see the look on a "would be" robbers face when he is on the ground flopping like a fish out of water, and a co-conspirator of his looking on in horror........ :crack-up:

You can always ask them to hold hands before shooting and get two fish with one blow! :o

smokey
You can always ask them to hold hands before shooting and get two fish with one blow! :crack-up:

lets hope your a good shot because if you miss .... well everyone will be reading about you in the Freeman...

Ilovecebu
lets hope your a good shot because if you miss .... well everyone will be reading about you in the Freeman...

Yes Like the little Tear Gas defense containers, You better make sure you know in what direction the wind is blowing, before you push that button :crack-up::o

kingfisher
Yes Like the little Tear Gas defense containers, You better make sure you know in what direction the wind is blowing, before you push that button :o:as-if:

It's not the tear gas I'm talking about, but the stun gun that gives an electric shock. :crack-up:

Ilovecebu
It's not the tear gas I'm talking about, but the stun gun that gives an electric shock. :crack-up:

Yes King, Thats Obvious, But your also talking about Personal security items, so if I bring up another item and a comment about it, its perfectly legal on this board. :o

kingfisher
Yes King, Thats Obvious, But your also talking about Personal security items, so if I bring up another item and a comment about it, its perfectly legal on this board. <_<

Yes Ilove, it's perfectly legal and welcome too! Actually most people don't probably know how to use the sprays and end up getting the shite in their own eyes and a hunting knife between the ribs :crack-up:

I must say, I really like my new nickname!

Well ......like you kingfisher ....I would like to know the answer to your question about the STUN GUN also the reference to the ones that shoot out projectiles .....these are called tasers .....I believe that kingfisher was referring to the ones that you just "reach out and touch someone" with ....stun guns....................does anyone know and can quote the law about THIS devise .......

Also how about steel batons .....are these legal or not??????????

Thanks

Mike

Well I guess I'll answer my own request ........ :lol:

This copied off the net ....about stun guns .....

STATES WHERE STUN GUNS ARE RESTRICTED:

ILLINOIS

HAWAII

MASSACHUSETTS

MICHIGAN

NEW JERSEY

NEW YORK

RHODE ISLAND

WISCONSIN

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CITIES WHERE STUN GUNS ARE RESTRICTED:

ANNAPOLIS, MD

BALTIMORE, MD

BALTIMORE COUNTY, MD

CHICAGO, IL

DENSION / CRAWFORD COUNTY, IA (*According to Sheriff Tom Hogan*)

DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA

PHILADELPHIA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COUNTRIES THAT STUN GUNS ARE RESTRICTED:

AUSTRALIA

BELGIUM

CANADA

DENMARK

HONG KONG

INDIA (POLICE USE ONLY)

ITALY

JAPAN

NEW ZEALAND

NORWAY

SWEDEN

SWITERLAND

UNITED KINGDOM

No mention of the Philippines ......for now that is ......... :lmao::lmao::D

http://www.cbgsafetyproducts.com/stungunlaws.htm

I was wondering if stun guns are available and legal in the Phils? I think that could be quite a useful piece for self-defense. What say you, honorable lords of the panel? :lmao:

I'm sure crewsafe would probably have some useful info about this.

Let me ask my Attorney (might as well get some use out of him for all of the money I'm paying him. :lol: ).

As for usefulness...I would say no. Too humid/wet here. Your body sweat alone would corrode it & who knows...might give you the shock of your life at the most inopportune time. :lmao:

In addition, you only get one chance at one opponent...what about Juan Dela Cruz's forty cousins? :as-if:

Well ......like you kingfisher ....I would like to know the answer to your question about the STUN GUN also the reference to the ones that shoot out projectiles .....these are called tasers .....I believe that kingfisher was referring to the ones that you just "reach out and touch someone" with ....stun guns....................does anyone know and can quote the law about THIS devise .......

Also how about steel batons .....are these legal or not??????????

Thanks

Mike

I just recently had a ASP (steel baton) brought over from the states w/holder for my belt. I plan on carrying this as my main weapon from now on (before it was a Cold steel knife in a behind the back scabbard). As for the legality of it? I only plan on using it IF I am attacked, which means that I am then in a "Self Defense" posture. As far as anyone else, i.e. the people who are stupid enough to try anything...wait a minute, this place is full of stupid people :lmao:, they will find out just as soon as they brandish ANY form of weapon. :as-if:

This is for those few occasions that I actually go somewhere besides the mountains.

Up in the mountains I carry full time a custom made Bolo (Itak) in a Narra scabbard. I've sliced completely through 1" Ipil Ipil trees with a single blow from it. All of my adult male employees also carry an Itak full time as there have been threats made against their families by the same drug addicts that tried to kill us. Filipinos are such nice creatures. :D

My wife carries a shorter Bolo in a wooden scabbard when going up & down the mountain (we still have an on-going case & I would NOT put it past these lower forms of life to make a second attempt on our lives). Surprise, surprise the next time though...one-way tickets to the cemetary. :lmao:

As I have said before, my son carries a Buck folder w/single handed opening action when I direct him too. My daughter carries a smaller folder.

Now, for techniques.

ANY weapon that you decide to eventually carry here needs to be practiced with & you need to be mentaly prepared to use it. Some weapons are "Show of Force" like our Bolos, but I have trained myself in it's use also (my next Bolo will have a longer handle so I can use it two handed like a samurai sword, but the blade length will be that of a Roman short sword...elbow-to-finger tip).

Keep in mind as foreigners you need to:

No.1: Defend yourself...no more than that.

No.2: Get out of Dodge & report the incident to the closest police. This is to CYA, as the attacker will soon be there lying their arse off, with forty of their closest witnesses, saying YOU attacked them & started the whole thing. Sh*t thee not!

Just give the basic details & then shut up until you have an attorney doing the talking for you.

This is the way the game is played here, so learn the rules. :wink:

Thanks crewsafe ....... appreciate the info ..... I to have a nice verity of knives in my personally collection of some 75 ......including my grandfathers K-bar which he carried in WWII ....... I never go anywhere with out a knife not only for defense but also for working with ...... even have a paratrooper gravity knife ...... get for personal protection ..... I have all shapes and sizes from 2in to 24in ........ and like the Bolo I have a Jamaican cane knife that can slice through bone or a 4in bamboo pole with on swift blow the blade is about 24in and 10in wide at the tip and super thin ...... outstanding steel in that one ....... thump it with your thumb nail and it rings ......... handle was custom shaped for me by a Jamaican when I lived in Clewiston Florida .....sugar cane capital of Florida ..........now there are some interesting people ....hahahahaha

post-4-1182257159_thumb.jpg

I might also add that they grind of the hook on the top so it doesn't hang up on anything and they also grind down the space ...about 5-6in ....in front of the tang and sharpen it razor sharp and use that part as we would a pocket knife ....peel fruit .....whittle with etc ........If I get time I'll take a picture of mine ......

Thanks crewsafe ....... appreciate the info ..... I to have a nice verity of knives in my personally collection of some 75 ......including my grandfathers K-bar which he carried in WWII ....... I never go anywhere with out a knife not only for defense but also for working with ...... even have a paratrooper gravity knife ...... get for personal protection ..... I have all shapes and sizes from 2in to 24in ........ and like the Bolo I have a Jamaican cane knife that can slice through bone or a 4in bamboo pole with on swift blow the blade is about 24in and 10in wide at the tip and super thin ...... outstanding steel in that one ....... thump it with your thumb nail and it rings ......... handle was custom shaped for me by a Jamaican when I lived in Clewiston Florida .....sugar cane capital of Florida ..........now there are some interesting people ....hahahahaha

post-4-1182257159_thumb.jpg

I might also add that they grind of the hook on the top so it doesn't hang up on anything and they also grind down the space ...about 5-6in ....in front of the tang and sharpen it razor sharp and use that part as we would a pocket knife ....peel fruit .....whittle with etc ........If I get time I'll take a picture of mine ......

I lived in Belle Glade circa 1966...what a place. Gators in the canals, Multi-racial for sure, but had the biggest problem with Whites (as in White Trash). Fished Okeechobee extensively. Used many a cane knife, machete, etc. throughout the years, but never really found one that came close to a good Bolo, or other form of asian long knife.. :lol:

You can buy an electronic "stun gun" for just 800 pesos at:

www.ecbuyph.com

I was just looking for an online shop and came across it.